Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 15:03   #31
BHPian

@ MXX: mate, Skoda is definatley launching its Laura vRS versions, and the good news this time is that its also launching the vRS in Diesel too. Petrol engines are to come in india soon too. the Diesel vRS will be of 140 bhp, compared to the 105 (or 109) bhp currently.

@ KVISH: Maruti is bringing in a higher end model of swift with the 1.6 Baleno engine.
Old 24th June 2006, 16:38   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
@ KVISH: Maruti is bringing in a higher end model of swift with the 1.6 Baleno engine.
If MUL is planning to bring in the swifts for rallying purpose then im not quite sure it could be the baleno engine .. The swift rally cars are running the twin cam heads and the bore x stroke are quite different from that of the baleno 1.6 .. Just wish we could get our hands on this super duper engine putting out insane horses in stock form (160+ to be precise) .. After that its all the tuners play , NOS , TC wagera wagera and u literally have a 1/4 mile churner .. Watch out supras , civics , modded zens .. The swifts will be arriving with a bang if it so happens ..
Old 25th June 2006, 01:50   #33
BHPian

i was going through many interesting post on this very involving topic, followings are my humble observations

1. somebody gave a very good example of what kinetic did in case of comet, i think every successful model say, honda city, fiesta 1.6, swift, palio should come with an option of an outragously powerful and sport model or shall i say every manufature should come with an option of sport model which can be deliverd on demand, this will keep both the regular and enthuciastic customer happy, and market, cost factor will not be at risk

2. again in one of the post someone has given very good suggestion that manufacture should give an option, so if coustomer wants he can go for a power pack(engine, exhaust, suspension the works) without risking the warranty, a safe and sensible option for both manufacure and client

3.many would argue we already have such options in place like look at ford or honda but what am i trying to say is that, suppose fiesta 1.6 which comes with 101 bhp, a sport model can come with 115 bhp, now of cousre it will make FE suffers and this is where those customers comes in who do not care about it.

its an initiative which must be taken by established brands, just for the heck of it, and what they will find is their are many takers for it, bad road be damned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
some fat tyres man, ya, but got to check rest of the truck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks