Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Renault keen on MUV, sub-Rs 4 lakh car segment in India

Quote:
TOKYO: French auto major Renault is keen to tap the potential of the fast growing multi-utility vehicles (MUV) segment in India apart from having a presence in the sub-Rs 4 lakh car market in the country.

The company that sells five models in the Indian market is looking for nearly 90 per cent growth in sales this year, riding on its popular SUV Duster and also bring variants of the model by next year.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/26094330.cms
darklord is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault keen on MUV, sub-Rs 4 lakh car segment in India

I hope its not a rebadged Datsun GO Renault does have smart hatchbacks but they wont fit under 4L territory. Their dCI motor in a hatchback shell has failed to hit volumes - hope this succeeds.

Duster based MUV makes a lot of sense. It has all qualities to become a mini-Innova if they up the ante on the interiors.
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 18:15   #3
Lij
BHPian

I think it would be the re-badged Datsun as I remember a discussion with one my friends with Nissan-Renault a month ago where he mentioned about a technology shared vehicle from Renault based on the Datsun.
Old 21st November 2013, 00:35   #4
BHPian

Two points that caught my attention:
1. Will Renault launch the odd-looking Lodgy or the modern looking Logan MCV with a third row fitted?
2. Variations of Duster? Did they mean a 7 seater? This is a must-watch.
I think the MPV shouldnt be Lodgy. Renault should understand after Duster experience that their best chance of capturing the Indian market is through excellent looking cars and value for money proposition.
By the way, be sure it wont be a rebadged Datsun as they have already mentioned that there wont be any rebadging after Terrano.
Old 21st November 2013, 05:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

An MUV in the Ertiga fashion and a small sedan/hatch/Urban SUV. The more the merrier for the Indian customer. 2014 will be an interesting year.
Old 21st November 2013, 13:53   #6
Lij
BHPian

@IndiFuture : I had mentioned that as per my knowledge the Terrano was the last of the rebadged versions. But my friend said that there will be one with the Datsun Go as well. Anyways I had taken it with a pinch of salt at that point in time but then this news clipping.
I personally am not a fan of rebadged cars as its more like the old wine in a new bottle
Lij is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 21:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
@IndiFuture : I had mentioned that as per my knowledge the Terrano was the last of the rebadged versions. But my friend said that there will be one with the Datsun Go as well. Anyways I had taken it with a pinch of salt at that point in time but then this news clipping. I personally am not a fan of rebadged cars as its more like the old wine in a new bottle
Lij, good news in a way. Considering how Nissan is positioning Datsun, I have a feeling that it might face Nano's fate. Indians wont spend their fortune on a car that has no prestige value (Alto is an exception, but then again its a Maruti).
It'll be interesting to see a Datsun Go+ based MPV then, as Renault brand image has improved post Duster. But I would love some good sheet-metal changes, and an improved rear. Nissan-Renault designers somehow deliver excellent front looks, but get asphyxiated by the time they reach the rear - examples are right from the Micras to the Dusters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks