Cheaper Dicor yet to be launched

after loking at the ad in newspaper i went to a local tata dealer and

here is what i hear
"sir, new prices are yet to be launched"

when i asked when
"?????? don't know"

i was going to buy a new dicor and after reading about the new engine,
for a moment i wanted to wait.
but as we all know if launched new car would be priced much higher.
As we all know mera bharat mehan and so is Tata, i don't think it would be launched anywhere soon , rather tata would equip their new platforms with 2.2L. same was the case of dicor i was reading about it for years.

i will be buying the current one.

P.S : Steeroid i decided to buy dicor after i read your long term ownership
report, i know it feels kinda stupid or being cheated when u go through this but i would suggest to keep this one as u might sell of this and tata does not equip dicor with 2.2L then what? don't worry. i bet we all won't see 2.2l dicor anywhere soon
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Cheapest cost 6.4l ex-showroom. I think it would be the base TCIC. Maybe they are launching it in some zones..
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Cheapest cost 6.4l ex-showroom. I think it would be the base TCIC. Maybe they are launching it in some zones..
man i livin in ludhiana and i am goin to buy dicor lx ver and even this is not yet launched (the cheaper one)

Last edited by overdose14 : 22nd June 2006 at 22:20.
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

The cheapest DICOR (4x2) is available for 6.99 ex showroom delhi.
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:25   #5
BHPian

The TCIC LX model is 6.97 Lakhs On Road in Pune
The DICOR LX 4x2 is 7.62 Lakhs On Road in Pune
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:52   #6
BHPian

finally! but at that price Safari should be giving the fully loaded dicor!!! not the base versions! imho... jus not worth any money! Scorpio all the way!

in Hyderabad, theres a waiting of over one month now for the Scorpios!
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
finally! but at that price Safari should be giving the fully loaded dicor!!! not the base versions! imho... jus not worth any money! Scorpio all the way!

And what is the ex-showroom price for the fully loaded Scorpio in Hyderabad.......the fully loaded Dicor has Dual airbags, ABS, EBD, Leather upholstery, Camera with reverse view, entertainment system with dual screens, 4WD with shift on the fly to mention a few - none of which are available on the fully loaded Scorpio.

So a fully loaded Dicor at 7.62 lacs, come on ID, gimme a break
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Being Boxed by the Scorpio at the Lower end and the Endevour at the higher at the automag test drives, Tata is playing the pricing game it seems. The scorpio even with the new suspension setup is unpredictable in terms of handling at high speed but that does not take away the fact that the Scorpio is more fun to drive than the Safari.

But could we see the new lowered prices as setting the stage for the X2 (or whatever).

In anycase Tata hasn't have a completely new model since 1999 (what we have are upgrades on existing cars) so it will not be wise to think that once the X2 comes up the current Safari will die. Going by indian manufacturers repute, Safari will stay X2 will be called something else (than Safari). The only question is Sumo what happens to it, I dont think even that will go anywhere!
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:01   #9

Quote:

AFAIK, the on road price for the fully loaded Scorpio SLX in Pune is around 9.2 L. With the recent price reduction of the Safari, the 4x2 Safari EX (which is comparable with the Scorpio SLX) should be around 8.5 L. Much cheaper than the Scorpio.

I'm a big fan of the Scorpio, but after the Safari price cuts ... am having second thoughts. After all, VFM ....
Old 23rd June 2006, 17:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Offtopic: Download the Tata Safari Dicor brochure here. It's with animation and a collector's item. Wish they had included the music from their advert.

Dowload Safari Brochure

Last edited by satish_appasani : 23rd June 2006 at 17:32.
Old 23rd June 2006, 22:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoraes
AFAIK, the on road price for the fully loaded Scorpio SLX in Pune is around 9.2 L. With the recent price reduction of the Safari, the 4x2 Safari EX (which is comparable with the Scorpio SLX) should be around 8.5 L. Much cheaper than the Scorpio.

I'm a big fan of the Scorpio, but after the Safari price cuts ... am having second thoughts. After all, VFM ....
ya ur very right safari is a good vfm and here in ludhiana where snob value is everything safari is a better choice than scorpio and i agree that scorpio is fun to drive but new dicor is too i've driven scorpio and dicor too both have quite same usable powerband (though scorpio rev more it gets very harsh) but but safari is more comfortable, it is more spacious and u'll love to take it on long drive even the old tcic one believe me not joking

Last edited by overdose14 : 23rd June 2006 at 22:02.
Old 24th June 2006, 15:24   #12
BHPian

well guys, the running maintenance cost on the Safari takes away all the VFM u will have.

Well, Suman, the top end Scoprio is expensive (as in features are missing for that price) but the Safari, a dated rattling vehicle, commanding that kinda price! yea, Safari with all the options, ABS, Airbags, Leather, at 10lk is a nice price for sure.
Old 25th June 2006, 00:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well guys, the running maintenance cost on the Safari takes away all the VFM u will have.

Well, Suman, the top end Scoprio is expensive (as in features are missing for that price) but the Safari, a dated rattling vehicle, commanding that kinda price! yea, Safari with all the options, ABS, Airbags, Leather, at 10lk is a nice price for sure.
Drive before you talk. Preferably own before you talk.

Its difficult to think in terms of maintenance costs when you have a 4 year unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty.

Finally from my experience the Safari does not rattle despite some punishing driving. In my very humble opinion, it holds itself together much better than 20000km-old Scorpios that I have had occassion to compare it with.
Old 25th June 2006, 10:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
100th POST
WOW 6.4L ex - showroom .... on road will be something around 6.8 - 7L ... if this is true defntly it's gonna spoil the image for Tata safari.
Well i would defntly like to have a new tata safari dicor at this price

Hey,

Congrats on ur 100th! Just a small piece of info - the new 6.4 L Safari comes with the old TCIC 2 liter 90 bhp engine non-commonrail - not the 3 liter 115 bhp DICOR (Direct Injection COmmon Rail) engine http://uv.tatamotors.com/safari/4DLT...cification.asp

Last edited by theMAG : 25th June 2006 at 10:30.

Most Viewed