Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2013?
Hyundai Grand i10 115 8.44%
Chevrolet Sail (Sedan) 4 0.29%
Honda Amaze 250 18.36%
Chevrolet Enjoy 6 0.44%
Mahindra Verito Vibe 1 0.07%
Ford EcoSport 696 51.10%
Force Gurkha 5 0.37%
Mahindra e2o 35 2.57%
Isuzu D-Max 1 0.07%
Ashok Leyland Stile 8 0.59%
Nissan Terrano 21 1.54%
Skoda Octavia 152 11.16%
Honda CR-V 2 0.15%
BMW 1-Series 10 0.73%
Mercedes A-Class 32 2.35%
Isuzu MU-7 3 0.22%
Volvo V40 Cross Country 21 1.54%
Voters: 1362. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 07:23   #61
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2013. EDIT : Ford EcoSport it is!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2013 at 15:50.
san2 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th December 2013, 07:26   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

My vote goes for EcoSport although Amaze and Grand i10 follow closely. All are great in their own territory. But in overall scenario, EcoSport wins hands down.
Old 5th December 2013, 08:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

It was a tough call between Ecosport and Amaze. Both over hyped cars before the launch, both have had their share of negatives and neither were the game changers. But still voted for Ecosport for the fact that Ford managed to ruffle the SUV/MUV segment with the Ecosport launch. Still hasnt managed to out throne the leader i.e Duster completely.
Old 5th December 2013, 08:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Ford Ecosport, and then found out that I think like most of the BHPians

This is how I arrived at Ecosport:
- I eliminated the models that are not sold in countries with strict NCAP tests. If these cars are not sold there, their safety level is unknown. If it is unknown, I rate it 0! I rate safety above aesthetics or ergonomics. I also eliminated the cars that offer no safety features
- Next, I eliminated CBUs. I don't like them because I see the manufacturer reluctant to commit to the country, plus trying to keep a global mass market product as a niche product only in India (discrimination)
- Next, I eliminated Hyundai simply because I believe Hyundai cannot get the basic features right (poor handling, poor suspensions for Indian roads), so is loading the product with more features so that target customers overlook the basic features (OT: I regret buying its fellow Korean, Samsung Duos phone for the same reason)
- Next, CR-V was to go. SUV? Really?!
- I thought hard between Octavia and Ecosport. Then I felt Octavia is slightly overpriced, it doesn't have cheaper variants, and Skoda have given the best rear suspension only to 1.8 TSI AT

I pick Ecosport as the best of the lot, but I still don't like:
- steering feel
- poor sales estimation by manufacturer
- the direction in which rear door opens
Old 5th December 2013, 08:45   #65
BHPian

Voted for Ecosport.

Ecosport wins for understanding market requirement & giving a (so called) proper SUV to the aspirant mass market, thus creating a new segment for competition to follow.
Old 5th December 2013, 08:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. Ford not only delivered what was required, but also topped it with all the safety and comfort features in a compact package within the reach of the people. Kudos to Ford
Old 5th December 2013, 09:12   #67
BHPian

No Contest! EcoSport wins hands down!

While other cars launched this year might be great when it comes to their respective segments and price brackets, the EcoSport blows everything into the middle of last year when it comes to satisfying the "All-Rounder" tag.

Space? Yup.
Mileage? Bingo!
Good Ride? Of course, it's a Ford!
Excellent Looks? Just like the prototype.
Reasonably well priced? Check.
Variety of engine options to suit buyers needs from all sections of market? You Bet! Diesel for the "Kitna-deti-hai" folks, Petrol with AT for the fuss free, and a cutting edge EcoBoost engine for the select few who want it.
Safety, with good ergonomics? Airbags, ABS + EBD, Emergency assistance phone call, Emergency brake warning, ESP + Hill-Hold!
Lots of toys and gizmos? Double check. SYNC, keyless entry & go, cooled glovebox, leather seats, parking display!

All these options within 12 big ones? Hah, no contest! No wonder it has ridonculous waiting periods, and folks willing to shell out more moolah just to get their hands on one.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. For the simple reason that it brought in a fresh designed car into India without any alterations to the design element. Though I have not driven it personally I feel it has brightened up the sub 4 meter compact SUV segment.

And then of course I found that nearly 60% of bhpians think alike.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:57   #69
BHPian

Voted for Octavia : I did not find any car among these to be truly my choice. But had to pick one so went for Octavia. Other than the "SKODA" tag the car is awesome.
Did not vote for Amaze because of so many reports of vibrations/rattles from dashboard/A-pillar/AC units.
Did not vote for Ecosport, because it is a contender in mini-SUV category BUT is a 4 seater.
Old 5th December 2013, 09:57   #70
BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport as well. This year, without doubt, it is the car which made everyone sit up and notice. Apart from its long waiting period, there is nothing going against it. I took a test drive some months back and was impressed by both its drive and the space. The Amaze is a close second, however, the noise is the downer.
Old 5th December 2013, 10:06   #71
BHPian

Voted for the Skoda Octavia
Was a toss up between the Ecosport,Grandi10,Amaze and Octavia.
Amaze and Grand i10 have been runaway successes mostly because of the Diesel on offer. Amaze doesnt excite lookwise and Grand i10 enginewise.
Octavia has excellent petrol as well as diesel options on offer, stunning to look at and has great features overall.
Ecosport is a good package but is overpriced for higher versions. Is smaller than it looks and not worth 11 big ones. if ecoboost was available on the lower variants then i would have voted for it.
So it is Octavia>Grand i10>Ecosport>Amaze.
Old 5th December 2013, 10:13   #72
BHPian

Ford Eco-sport, for reasons

- styling
- over all packaging by Ford
- pricing

This is the type of car I would love to drive in city as well on short trips. So my vote goes for Ford Eco-sport.
Old 5th December 2013, 10:19   #73
BHPian

Only one choice - Ford Ecosport!

Not because thats my ride but genuinely because its an absolute bang for every rupee i paid! Till date anyone who asks my OTR cost is surprised!

At 8 lakhs OTR, i got a frugal diesel engine, high ground clearance, eye catching compact SUV looks, front Power windows, ORVM lights, Bluetooth, Music systems with USB/AUX,AC, speed adjust wiper system & generous leg room (lot more minor things)! No one believes its a base model!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2013. EDIT : Ford EcoSport it is!-dsc_0375.jpg  

Old 5th December 2013, 10:35   #74
Senior - BHPian

Shortlist for me was really between Ecosport, Amaze and Grand i10.

Amaze - worthy competitor to Dzire in CS segment but ruled out since I don't like the dash, front seats and the headlights. They sell well but didn't make a dent in Dzire sales.

Grand i10 - pitched in as a worthy competitor to Swift but actually ate from the numbers of its siblings i10 and i20 instead! Swift numbers didn't get affected much.

Ecosport - pitched in as a competitor to Duster - the 2012 COTY. Unlike others, it actually DID damage the Duster sales and took over as the segment leader, even with the limited supply and long delivery delays.

Overall a good package for the intended audience - the urban crowd. Driving dynamics is not impaired even with the high GC which is a respectable achievement.

So the vote goes to Ecosport.

Other cars in the list? Was any of them designed with an Indian audience in mind except while deciding to cut down on features?

Last edited by zenren : 5th December 2013 at 10:40.
Old 5th December 2013, 10:37   #75

My vote is for the New and Refreshing Honda Amaze

Reason: Excellence in design, performance, efficiency and price. IMHO the all new Honda's very first 1.5 L 100 BHP i-Dtec engine and the affordable pricing of this car has become a new benchmark in its segment making the Amaze Honda's new crown jewel!

I hope the best Car wins!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks