Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 18:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai's Grand i10 Sedan caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Great catch there, Arjun!

This variant does get height adjustable headrests, which is great! If they have changed the seats, then there is a small possibility that side (and maybe curtain) airbags may be included as well.

As pointed out by zenren, the third stop lamp seems to be a high-mounted LED one.

Also the inner rear-view mirror seems to be electrochromic. Which means a reverse camera with display on the mirror may also be a part of the top-end model's feature list.
Well spotted on the head rests and the IRVM. This one has alloys, chrome strip above the number plate and turn indicator on ORVM too.

So we've seen 3 test mules so far:

Black - alloy wheels, reverse camera, ORVM turn indicators, front seats with adjustable head rests. Most likely the top end variant.
Silver - Steel wheels with wheel caps, ORVMs without turn indicators, front seats with integrated head rests. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the base variant.
Red - I haven't seen clear images of this one yet. Seems to have adjustable head rests at rear. Could be a mid variant and if so, this would give clues on feature distribution across variants.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 19:04   #32

Hyundai India sent an official invite for the launch of new product on 4th. We think the sedan version of the Grand i10 is launching on that date. More details can be found here: http://autoportal.com/news/hyundai-g...-february.html
Shantonil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 19:07   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai has announced February 4, 2014 as the date for the launch of Grand i10 sedan. Following it will be the Santa Fe SUV, which makes its India debut on February 6.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 10:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Autocar spies the i10 sedan!

Attachment 1179520

Cheers!
Here are the original set of pictures. I had sent the pic to autocar.
In fact i had them on the same day as IAB, wasn't exactly sure what to do with it then.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20131216110511_spy1watermark.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-clipboard02.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-clipboard03.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-clipboard01.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-clipboard04.jpg  

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-clipboard05.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th December 2013 at 12:50. Reason: Next time post em! Or mail em in : http://www.team-bhp.com/contactus/share - Thanks ;)
abishek2222 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 10:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

More pics of the Grand-i10 sedan, including that of the front as well (courtesy Powerdrift):
Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-spiedhyundaigrandi10sedanfront.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-spiedhyundaigrandi10sedanside1.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-spiedhyundaigrandi10sedanside2.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-spiedhyundaigrandi10sedanrear1.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-spiedhyundaigrandi10sedanrear21.jpg
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 13:52   #36
Team-BHP Support

Nice! The car seems to come with the auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror.

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-image2404985840.jpg

I think the Grand i10 didn't have one. At least I couldn't spot one from the snaps posted in GTO's review - they had the regular tabbed variants in the top-end Asta variants. Even the upcoming Honda City lacks one!

Plenty of segment-firsts for Hyundai cars.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 14:06   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Here are the original set of pictures. I had sent the pic to autocar.
In fact i had them on the same day as IAB, wasn't exactly sure what to do with it then.
Please do post those in team-bhp first with your / team-bhp watermarks or send it to the Mods. Other forums can take it from here and some of them even clean up the team-bhp watermarks and use it as their own - just a little bit more effort for those guys!
Old 20th December 2013, 14:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is really a tough competitor for DZire and killer for Amaze. I am sure it will get good numbers for sure. Only thing i am doubtful is about the diesel engine. They should not put 1.1 L engine. It will be small for that car & in terms of competition as well. This car will be a looker for sure. Amaze watch out. More than Maruti, Honda will get affected more by this car IMHO. Lets see.
Old 20th December 2013, 15:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
This is really a tough competitor for DZire and killer for Amaze. I am sure it will get good numbers for sure. Only thing i am doubtful is about the diesel engine. They should not put 1.1 L engine. It will be small for that car & in terms of competition as well. This car will be a looker for sure. Amaze watch out. More than Maruti, Honda will get affected more by this car IMHO. Lets see.
I would say all three have the capability to give a tough fight to bigger cars in terms of city performance & economy, apltly aided by governments policies.

This could be another factor in increasing Hyundai's market share as their CEO has expressed in an interview few days back.

Also, this will be another good option for buyers of under 4m sedan... the time has come when small SUVs & under 4m sedans rule the sales charts rather than lowly hatches like Nanos, Altos, Eons & so on.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 20th December 2013 at 15:21.
Old 20th December 2013, 16:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
So we've seen 3 test mules so far:

Black - alloy wheels, reverse camera, ORVM turn indicators, front seats with adjustable head rests. Most likely the top end variant.
Silver - Steel wheels with wheel caps, ORVMs without turn indicators, front seats with integrated head rests. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the base variant.
Red - I haven't seen clear images of this one yet. Seems to have adjustable head rests at rear. Could be a mid variant and if so, this would give clues on feature distribution across variants.
So the Red is also top end variant as per the below pics.

So we've got a silver coloured lower variant and the top variant in red and black - probably one each for petrol and diesel engines.
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:01   #41
BHPian

I was seated next to the head of sales and marketing for Hyundai India on a Delhi Bombay flight. He gave me quite a few insights into Hyundai - and told me about the upcoming launches. They seem to have a whole lot lined up for India. I told him to bring in the Kia Soul - told him it would do really well in the Indian market.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 16:48   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of clear spyshots of the Grand i10 sedan's Automatic variant, pics courtesy Motor Vikatan.

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-hyundaigrandi10sedanautospiedfront.jpg

Hyundai Xcent (Grand i10 Sedan) caught testing : Now launched @ Rs. 4.66 lakh-hyundaigrandi10sedanautospied.jpg

It is expected that the Grand i10 sedan will have the same automatic transmission currently offered on the Grand i10 hatchback.

The sedan version of the Grand i10 will be launched on February 4th, 2014.

SOURCE - https://www.facebook.com/MotorVikatan
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 17:56   #43
BHPian

The rear of the car for some strange reason reminds me of the Opel Corsa. Its tough to make out the actual placement of the tail lights from the pics though.
Old 26th December 2013, 18:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The rear of the car for some strange reason reminds me of the Opel Corsa. Its tough to make out the actual placement of the tail lights from the pics though.
IMO, Corsa is probably the best example of how a compact sedan with proper proportions should look like. Length ~ 4m and width ~ 1.6m are the ideal dimensions for 'compact' by Indian standards.

If this car reminds you of Corsa, its most likely a bulls-eye for Hyundai.
Old 10th January 2014, 10:02   #45
BHPian

There are rumors that the new Grand i10 will have an Accent badge and Hyundai is debating on how to name the new car. A source told me that the new car can be named as Grand Accent or Accent Grand as the case may be. Though, there are several other names that are also being debated close doors but the top management is quite keen on retaining the name Accent.

They have preferred using the existing names in the new Grand i10 using the i10 brand, Verna as Fluidic Verna, Elantra as Neo Elantra.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the debate and I am now more keen to hear a final decision on the naming of this sedan.
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks