Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 17:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun GO: A Close Look

If this car is around 4 lacs, then Wagon R is a better bet for sure. New wagon R has better interiors with very well proven engine and has better space as well. The best part is its a Maruti !!! So no issues at all with A.S.S. Even if this car is around 3.5, Alto is their to fight. Not sure which car they will target. They should target Alto only IMO as targeting Waggie is tough. Interiors are total let down for Go. Lets see
Old 18th February 2014, 17:58   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If this car is around 4 lacs, then Wagon R is a better bet for sure. New wagon R has better interiors with very well proven engine and has better space as well. The best part is its a Maruti !!! So no issues at all with A.S.S. Even if this car is around 3.5, Alto is their to fight. Not sure which car they will target. They should target Alto only IMO as targeting Waggie is tough. Interiors are total let down for Go. Lets see
Even though I do agree to your point, how long are we going to keep repeating the cliché? Let us give a fair chance to the new players and new products, rather than killing the brand or the product before it is even launched. Let's welcome the changes with open mind rather than bashing them. I do respect your opinion, but as a most popular forum in India, IMO I thought we should be open minded.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 22:19   #123
Senior - BHPian

An even closer look at the Datsun GO. Chennai factory?

deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 13:47   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
'GO' has good space, very good boot space and decent interiors. The front seat can possibly take 3 passengers, but it could be tricky. The front seat has no gaps, as the gearbox sits on the console. I could not locate the hand brake though.

The Datsun salesman told me that there are going to be no variants of GO. There are total 170 customizations which can be added as per your budget.
Wife and I went to see the Go at the Nissan showroom in Porvorim-Goa.
The car has amazing boot space and will be a major Plus for those who like to carry a lot of luggage.

The extended middle seat on the front row is a joke and will virtually serve no purpose, other than making the rear seat section more claustophobic.
I sincerely hope that one of the 170 customizations includes the possibility of...
1. Removing the middle seat extension, which, unfortunately is stitched to the front passenger's seat.
2. Using the vacant space to have a customized openable/lockable box with a cushion on top, to double up as an arm rest for the driver.
misquitas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 22:55   #125
BHPian

[quote=misquitas;3374884]Wife and I went to see the Go at the Nissan showroom in Porvorim-Goa.
The car has amazing boot space and will be a major Plus for those who like to carry a lot of luggage.

QUOTE]

Is the Go available at the Dealerships? If then, it might be worth to pay a visit. Please tell us about the quality of interiors in comparision with Alto 800.
Also, did they allow to fire up the engine?
Old 23rd February 2014, 14:35   #126
BHPian

[quote=100kmph;3375854]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Wife and I went to see the Go at the Nissan showroom in Porvorim-Goa.

QUOTE]

Is the Go available at the Dealerships? If then, it might be worth to pay a visit. Please tell us about the quality of interiors in comparision with Alto 800.
Also, did they allow to fire up the engine?
The Go was on display at the Nissan dealer near our house for only a day. The maroon coloured car really looke nice. We spent a short while with the car and no, we were not allowed to start the engine.

The doors do not close with a thud like our i10, but the quality of fit and finish is quite good for its intended price tag. I did not like the music system at all. It would have been better if Datsun had to do away with it altogether and bring down the cost by Rs 1000-2000. Customers could then have had the option to buy their own ICE.

It is, in my opinion, much better than the Alto in most parameters, such as space, comfort and interiors. If I were to buy a car and had the two cars as my options, there is no doubt whatsoever that I would have opted for the Go.

Last edited by misquitas : 23rd February 2014 at 14:50.
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 11:44   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100kmph View Post
...Please tell us about the quality of interiors in comparision with Alto 800...
The definite advantage of Alto over Go will be the A$$ and may be the engine. Go is better in all other parameters. If Nissan gets the engine tuned well for both power & FE, I do NOT see a reason to opt for Alto over the Go.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 16:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

ACI have reviewed the hatch - Go. Here is link to their review:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-373701,0.aspx

... & ODI's First Drive Review:

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2014-dat...a-first-drive/

Interesting pic from the media drive event:

Datsun GO: A Close Look-datsungo1.jpg

Knock-knock... is anyone from TBHP in the pic.

... & few facts about the car by Zigwheels:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...tsun-go/17983/

I hope TBHP review is also underway.

PS : Mods, please also review the Celerio, which seems to have been missed in the Auto Expo 2014 din.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 28th February 2014 at 17:07.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 17:01   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Datsun GO offers a host of features, but no ABS or airbags in India

Datsun GO declares a fuel economy as tested by ARAI as 20.63kmpl. The fuel tank capacity is 35 litres.

The Datsun GO rides on 13-inch tubeless tyres and uses Macpherson struts for the front suspension and an H-Type torsion beam for the rear. A ventilated disc at the front and drum brake at the rear handle retardation duties. The boot capacity is pegged at 265 litres. The ground clearance is 170mm and the turning radius is 4.6m.

http://overdrive.in/news/datsun-go-c...-of-20-63kmpl/

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th February 2014 at 17:19.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 17:22   #130
Senior - BHPian

I saw in today's newspaper that Go can be booked by paying 11K, but no info on the on-road-price. Delivery would be around end of March. Go+ would be launched "soon".

Last edited by jinojohnt : 28th February 2014 at 17:25.
Old 4th March 2014, 15:42   #131
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Datsun Go is going to be a true rival to the Alto k10 when it comes to being a pocket rocket that is also light on the pocket!

The kerb weight of the car is reported to be 769 kg which, when mated to the 68PS engine from the Micra Active, will give it a power to weight ratio of ~ 88 PS/ton, which is exactly the same as the Alto k10 (which also has 68 PS and weighs approximately the same). However, the Go has an advantage in terms of torque (104 Nm against 90 Nm), due to its larger 1.2 lit. engine. The wheelbase of 2450mm, GC of 170mm, turning circle radius of 4.6m and boot capacity of 265 litres are also very welcome!

With power-to-weight and torque-to-weight ratios of 88 PS/ton and 135 NM/ton, it is going to be a very peppy performer that also has good drivability and bottom end torque, for a car in its price range.

Datsun are doing a great disservice by not offering safety features on the Go, even as an option. Customers certainly deserve to have a basic level of safety irrespective of the segment. It should have come with at least a standard driver airbag, with optional ABS and passenger airbag.

Since the car has not been launched yet, it's still not too late for Datsun to add safety features, or at least offer them as options. Both it's main rivals, Alto800 and Eon, offer a driver airbag on some variants.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 15:58   #132
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Autocar review by Mrs. Kriplani.

There is no steering height adjust or rear power windows on this car. - Excused.
The glove box has no cover on it. - Excused.
The gearbox is notchy. - Excused.
A new brand in India with negligible A.S.S. - Excused.
The seat fabric feels ultra cheap. - Excused.

There is no safety feature to talk of. ABS and Airbags are not even optional. ! - Certainly not excusable.

What is this manufacturer thinking? Can any tom-dick-harry launch a substandard car in India and that too without any option of safety feature - and get away with it? I would be very interested to know the mindset of people buying this piece of crap.

Now all those who criticized Maruti and TATA for lack of safety - what do they have to say about this one?

Last edited by DCEite : 4th March 2014 at 16:04.
Old 5th March 2014, 07:53   #133
Senior - BHPian

I love the no nonsense yet proportionate looks of the car, BUT I cannot excuse the fact that it has no glovebox, the three abreast seating is a joke (I mean I'd rather have a good old handbrake lever there instead, that's how much I detest the thought), and I wish they did compromise on boot space a bit to give the rear passengers more legroom.

On another note, watching Mrs. Kriplani review cars is so funny she's literally sitting at the back (all 5 foot 3 inches? of her) and talking about how it has ample knee room, leg room etc. hahahaha
Old 5th March 2014, 13:02   #134
Senior - BHPian

As per Motorbeam, the Go+ MPV will be launched around Jul-14, within weeks of the facelifted Sunny launch.

Link to Motorbeam article:

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/datsun...-half-of-2014/
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 16:16   #135
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly the TATA Nano starts to feel like a more premium car. ;-)

What was Datsun thinking?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks