Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 13:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Express Service launched in India

Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. has inaugurated its first Toyota Express Service (TES) facility at Galaxy Toyota, Rama Road, New Delhi. The facility is spread over 8,000 sq. ft., with three express maintenance bays. Toyota claims that the facility can service about 35 units a day.
Toyota is planning to expand its TES network by opening centres in metro cities and Bangalore.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 18th December 2013 at 13:48.
Aditya is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 15:02   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Express Service launched in India

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th December 2013 at 20:44.
chncar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2013, 15:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that Toyota has now started investing in its express service offering. Was aware that they had a 60 minute service offered by their dealerships and service centers already, however this seems to be a standalone facility.

Also interesting to note in the TBHP article about a new technology of washing called the 'Dry Wash'. This seems to be a first as well in our country and will go a long way not only to acheive quick servicing but also save precious water!
Old 18th December 2013, 16:30   #4
BHPian

Toyota India knows very well that competition is catching them fast. Though there products are reliable but lack features like other cars. they decided to come up with something unique which makes the customer happy and saves time for them. I am sure they will carry this model across all cities in India. It is indeed a welcome step.
Old 18th December 2013, 16:58   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The service outlet in question, Galaxy Toyota, is already a huge outlet and I have always found there service standards satisfactory even though the traffic volume is huge. It would be interesting to see how they manage to cope up with all this added volume of cars. If its true then even better. Toyota's 60 minute service is pretty good and infact watching them work on your car, one tends to wonder why other car makers take almost a full day or even more for regular servicing of the car.
Old 21st April 2014, 12:36   #6
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. has inaugurated its second Toyota Express Service (TES) facility at Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore. The facility is spread over 10,000 sq. ft., with four express maintenance bays and can service about 45 vehicles a day.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 12:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

Not able to find the exact location of this place. I'm assuming close to Avalhalli as per the press release.
Old 21st April 2014, 14:18   #8
BHPian

Hey guys, I used to get my car "Express Service'd" in Nandi Toyota in Avalahalli! Went there last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not able to find the exact location of this place. I'm assuming close to Avalhalli as per the press release.
Old 21st April 2014, 14:19   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Hey guys, I used to get my car "Express Service'd" in Nandi Toyota in Avalahalli! Went there last year
That's Ravindu Toyota not Nandi.
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:45   #10
BHPian

This is a brilliant move I have used their EM60 thrice till now and the first two times got it about 10 mins late. But, the last time I scheduled for EM 60 at 65k kms got a SMS from Toyota that if my car isn't returned within 60 minutes I could avail 10% discount on my bill. They returned the car in 58minutes, kid you not. They are super efficient and also this is a boon for Innova,Fortuner and Qualis customers since these vehicles need to be serviced every 5k kms and the intermediate ones i.e. 5,15,25,etc., are just basic checks and they clean the air-filter.
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

On the other hand Tata/Fiat has multiple times taken 45mins or more just to take the car and when you go to collect the car they will make you sit for same time. Really like the express service concept, hopefully more service centers will follow the suit.
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:50   #12
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is a welcome move by Toyota! I don't know why this is not becoming a standard practice across the industry. Being able to leave your car for routine servicing, go have lunch or snacks & tea, and then come back to take it and drive home is such a nice experience. Not only does it save money on taxi/auto-rickshaw bills (both for service drop/pick-up and routine use of the car for the time it sits in the service centre), it also greatly reduces (but doesn't completely eliminate) the chances of unscrupulous elements misusing the car or swapping parts.

In fact, quick service (or call it whatever one wants) for those who have a prior appointment should ideally become the norm for routine services that involve work like changing the oil, filters, spark plugs etc. plus checks and washing, across manufacturers. There is absolutely no reason why one has to leave the car at the workshop for such simple routine services.

Lethargy and inefficiency does not reflect well on the workshops. Time is valuable, and efficiency is necessary not only during the process of manufacturing a car but also while servicing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks