Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 12:28   #151
BHPian

Just got this msg from Bhagat Ford:

Ford Endeavour 2.2 Trend MT & AT is now enrolled in CSD. For any assistance you can contact :
Avneesh Arora,
Bhagat Ford, Jalandhar.

I did speak to this guy but he was not very sure of the introduced prices.
Anyone with further update on it?
naveendagar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 20:21   #152
Sip
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Has anyone idea on the process one need to follow for cancellation of purchase order from CSD and / or modification of index number (when dealership remains unchanged) e.g. opting for different variant etc after one has taken got purchase order from CSD.

Will the time bound eligibility be counted even in case of cancellation of purchase of order ?
Old 6th May 2016, 11:48   #153
BHPian

Attachment 1504286I called up Nexa Ahmedabad and Jalandhar.

For Jalandhar:

S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
11L ex showroom and approx 85k RTO

S-Cross 1.6 Zeta
10.3L ex showroom and approx 80k RTO

The attached photo is the price list for Ahmedabad. Includes pricing for Baleno as well.

Hope its useful.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-img20160506wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by Aston Singh : 6th May 2016 at 11:50.
Old 7th May 2016, 17:43   #154
BHPian

Just got a call from punjab auto ahemdabad that XUV 500 w10 AWD has been introduced in CSD by Mahindra. Was at the stage of booking the colour by giving advance. Now I am re-thinking what to do.
Old 21st May 2016, 12:31   #155
BHPian

Just received the CSD price list of Endeavour Trend models from Bhagat Ford, Jalandhar

Message received is as follows:-

The CSD Price for New Endeavour Trend 2.2 (4x2) MT - Rs. 2267822/- & for New Endeavour Trend 2.2 (4x2) AT - Rs. 2309638/- (Ex-showroom)

Approx savings: 2 Lakhs for MT and around 2.5 Lakh for AT
Old 25th June 2016, 19:48   #156

The updated price list, indent form, latest additions and the latest guidelines are attached for reference of all prospective new buyers.

1507152908FORM.pdf

1507154139GUIDELINES.pdf

1406163714JUN 2016.pdf

200616310901 JAN 2016.pdf

PS: all data taken from csdindia.gov.in

I shall soon be posting the complete procedure I followed to get my new XUV500 W10 FWD (64824)
s.rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 14:24   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.rahul View Post
I shall soon be posting the complete procedure I followed to get my new XUV500 W10 FWD (64824)
Heartiest congratulations on your new buy. Which color did you go for? We too are looking for a purchase through CSD in August. Although haven't decided on the vehicle either as yet, but looks like its going to be either XUV500 W8/W10 or Honda City VX diesel. Can you tell me which depot are you processing your purchase through?

One more thing - any news on introduction of the Toyota Innova Crysta in the CSD? It surely would be in consideration if it gets introduced in CSD by August.
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 10:03   #158

Latest procedure for CSD purchase and my journey through it

With the permission of the Admins, I would like to add on to this thread right from the start of my CSD purchase journey.

First off, I purchased a car through CSD in 2008. It was a Wagon R Duo LXi (Silky Silver). Being my first purchase, I did not want too many hassles and further, time was a premium. To ease my troubles, I contacted an agent at Noida and got the entire process done, including getting the DD made, CSD form submitted, Purchase Order submitted to the dealer, delivery of the vehicle, registration, insurance and the final delivery to me at Vizag.

This time around when I made up my mind to buy my second car, I decided to do the entire donkey work.

I started my research IN Jan 2015. I started looking initially at the VW Polo GT TSI. However, certain differences of opinion, led me away and into two options (a) Skoda Rapid AT (b) Vento TSI AT.

I kept battling between these options till September when I shifted to the Renault Duster (I was utterly confused, I agree. I was unable to even settle on the right segment). I had almost got the entire thing down to the wire, when I shifted back to the VW Polo. This was purely because of the offers on plate from the dealership. However, it was not be and a month later, I dropped the plan, yet again. By Dec '15, Skoda's Buy now Pay in 2017 offer was on the table and i drifted towards the Skoda Rapid again. However, this is where I learned my first lesson:

(1) NOT ALL OFFERS ARE EXTENDED BY MANUFACTURERS/ DEALERS ON CSD PURCHASES

So by Jan this year, Skoda had given me a cold shoulder. My plan came to another grinding halt, till about 2 months ago, I re-ignited my hunt. Once again the forerunners were, (a) VW Polo/ Vento GT TSI (b) Skoda Rapid. Skoda got dropped as quickly as it got added and I had almost finalised on the Vento TSI, when the BR-V started turning heads. After intensive research, I dropped the VW owing to reasons aplenty and homed in on the BR-V. Here comes the second valuable lesson:

(2) DEALERS WILL OFFER YOU THEIR ENTIRE FORTUNE TO SELL A CAR IF THEY HAVE INSIDER INFO THAT THEIR MARKET MAY GO DOWN (hardly a month after I dropped my VW Polo plan, I read a news article saying VW was recalling a lot of Ventos and Polos too for emission checks and other electronics related issues)

I called up the showroom at Chennai to inquire regarding the CSD introduction. The Sales Manager gave me a tentative period of 2 months to introduction and a subsequent 6 month waiting period for the car. Thanks to the intervention of a colleague, I started looking at the Duster again, albeit, this time it was the RxZ AMT version.

Over a very inconsequential discussion, someone mentioned the XUV 500 and queried as to why I have not considered it yet. It seriously did not occur to me till the, as I had considered it always above my budget. But just as a matter of inquiry, I downloaded the Price List for the CSD AFD1 items to see the XUV 500 price. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the offer was almost 1.5 lakhs below the market cost. As I was intrigued enough, I called for a TD from the Dealership at Jamnagar, and they promptly responded on a Saturday afternoon with the exact same variant I was looking to buy (if at all it came to that).

The vehicle was not new to me as I had already taken a TD a year and half ago and new the features already. I also had pushed the previous TD vehicle for speed, straight line stability, hard braking and ESP characteristics last time, so this time around I was just interested int he comfort for my wife and son. I was pleasantly surprised with the handling of the vehicle, and what sealed the deal was the grin on my son's face.

Now came the part of financing the car. The dealer rep had got the Loan Agent from ICICI and after a few words with him, I got the third and fourth lessons:

(3) CAREFULLY WEIGH ALL YOUR FINANCE OPTIONS, INCLUDING MANUFACTURER OWNED FINANCE BEFORE YOU SETTLE

(4) GO THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE INSTITUTION FROM WHOM YOU WANT TO FINANCE YOUR CAR, IT WILL GO A LONG WAY IN CLEARING THE COBWEBS CAST BUY THE LOAN AGENTS/MANAGERS EMPLOYED BY THEM

After exhaustive research (believe me I was up almost all night comparing a lot of features of lending institutions), I finalised on SBI. The bank was agreeable on giving me a 90% financing of the Vehicle's on road price and that too for 7 years. I visited the dealership to finalise the variant and other issues. Here I got my next lesson:

(5) DON'T BE SHY IN ASKING THE DEALERSHIP EVERY POSSIBLE WAY TO SAVE MONEY. IT IS YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND YOU DESERVE TO SAVE SOME OF IT

While I was discussing issues of cost with the Corporate Sales Manager, I kept bugging him about the discounts he should offer me, if I were to take the car from him. This reaped benefits in the form of 16K cash discount on the final price of the vehicle. Also, I paid the least possible booking amount he allowed me to (I'll highlight how this helped me later). On my way back, I got a called from the Branch Head of SBI saying that it will not be able finance me the amount as he'd promised but a much lesser amount owing to the NMI/EMI ratio. Thanks to the 4th lesson, I was able to immediately enlighten him on the Gross Annual Income rule of SBI and thus was able to squeeze a much larger sum from him (unfortunately, this also put a cap on the max loan amount to 85% of the OTR price). After all this came a huge shocker to me. I was discussing with colleagues regarding my new acquisition, when one of them said he'd picked up the same car at 60k lesser than my price, while another informed me that he'd picked up the previous year model in Dec 15 at 90k cheaper. The only solace I could give myself was that this was an updated model and that the price was post Budget.

Next came the matter of insurance and registration. During my discussions with the CSM, he had indicated 85k for registration at Jamnagar (GJ10) and 47k for insurance. Although the value of 85k was alright (Gujarat has 6% presently), the insurance seemed a tad off. I inquired further, regarding the insurance agency with whom the dealership had tied up. He gave two names viz., Tata AIG and ICICI Lombard. As a matter of routine checking, I put in an online request in Tata-AIG for the insurance of the vehicle and lo and behold came my next lesson:

NEVER GO THROUGH THE DEALER FOR INSURANCE OR REGISTRATION (AS RIGHTLY INDICATED IN A POST BY GTO)

So that done I finally managed to get my car price down by another 8k.

All that having been said, I sum up the entire updated CSD buying procedure:

(a) Research well for your car and fix up a model that will mostly get introduced into the CSD within a decent time frame. In this regards, it is best to call your nearest depot and inquire once.

(b) Use the latest price list, updated from time to time, available at the CSD India website. To confirm the present price of the car, call only the dealers indicated in that form. Do not call other guys, they might seem like good people, but if CSD has not given their contact on the info sheet, it is not worth the hassle.

(c) Call for the TD of the vehicle that you plan to buy from the CSD. Do not settle for a lower/ higher variant. It is best to know the car you intend to buy first hand, rather than extrapolate features and functionalities.

(d) Take two TDs. One purely on the highway and one inside the city. If it is an SUV/ Compact SUV/ MPV, do indulge in mild off-roading. This will put all the manufacturers claims to test.

(e) Once you have settled on the make and model, ask the dealer to give you the least booking amount and whether or not it is refundable. It is very important to know this, in case you change your mind.

(f) Once you have paid the booking amount, ask him to give you the booking details. This is supposed to be done by every dealer worth his salt. He takes the booking amount and books a vehicle on the system for your requirement (I was informed by a veteran buyer from CSD that Maruti Suzuki, Honda and Hyundai will not do this and they will rather give you a vehicle from the held stock or deliver your vehicle based on a FIFO stocking routine). This will at least ensure that once everything is in order you get the delivery at the earliest. In case your vehicle has a waiting period, ask him for the exact time frame (i.e date of booking to the date of manufacture).

(g) Ensure that you DO NOT pick up a vehicle lying with the dealer, even if the dealer tells you that it is the same stock as the next car coming in. Dealerships have targets in terms of HO (Held Over) Stock. They are penalised for not being able to push older stock prior to placing an order for a new one.

(h) Once you have the booking confirmed, visit your financier. Have a long chat with him/ her with certain specifics viz., ROI (Rate of Interest), Type of Rate (Fixed/ Floating), present MCLR (Marginal Cost-based Lending Rate), discount being offered to you on the current rate, Period of repayment, Penalty for pre-payment, extension of tenure, reduction of EMI, Hypothecation policy, Franking Charges, and other minor details

(i) Once the finance is done and the DD is ready (remember, the GoI has imposed Tax Collected at Source - TCS, so you will need to get the DD for the ex CSD price of the car plus another DD for 1% of the CSD value of the car), ensure that they are payable to Canteen Stores Department Public Fund Account (Main) payable at the branch in the same city as the depot from where the PO is being issued.

(j) Once this is done, get the indent form correctly filled and duly countersigned by the OC/ Head of Organisation/ Zilla Sainik Board as applicable. Before filling this form, ensure that you have the correct Index Number for the vehicle. Again, it is advisable to contact your dealer/ CSD depot for this.

(k) Get the avilability certificate from the dealer. If you have done the above steps, the dealer should, realistically, be able to give you the vehicle in 7 working days.

(l) Visit the CSD depot preferably between 1000 to 1300 or between 1500 to 1630 to get your PO. It is advisable to go in person as they tend to respond well to the person who is buying the vehicle, rather than a Dealer rep visiting them with 15 forms.

(m) Once you've got the PO, call and inform the dealer about the same. Hand over the PO to him (preferably on the same day) and ask him for a delivery in the morning 2 days later or any other auspicious time/day (visit the CSD only 2-3 days before tha actual arrival of your vehicle to the dealer's godown. This will reduce your wait to take delivery).

(n) After all this is done, you should ideally start your insurance hunt (3 days prior to the promised delivery date). Firstly, find out from the delaer, if he is offering you any dealer/ manufacturer linked insurance. It is better to enquire about this as they will be able to provide you a company that provides cashless across all the garages of the manufacturer (This is actually a myth. Almost all insurance companies, will miss a few of the garages where your vehicle will be serviced). After that the dealer will definitely give you a quote for the insurance. Notwithstanding, go online/ call toll free, the particular company and ask them for the best possible deal. Ask them thoroughly w.r.t the following:-

(i) Cashless facility on all garages
(ii) Zero Depreciation Cover
(iii) Personal, Passenger and Third Party Accident Cover
(iv) Road Side Assistance
(v) Invoice Cover
(vi) Consumables Cover
(vii) NCB Cover
(viii) Discount offered on final premium

With all that done, you will definitely own your vehicle with a sense of satisfaction and a tremendous amount of knowhow of the process.

Hope this helps you all.

PS: My car is a XUV 500 W10 FWD. Booked, Financed and PO taken out in 09 days. Delivery on 29 Jun
s.rahul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 10:17   #159

Thanks for that detailed post S.Rahul.
But i wonder why would you need to pay a booking amount to the dealer - since CSD price is the total/final amount to be paid to the dealership (excluding RTO, handling & Insurance charges).

In this case wouldnt the booking amount be in addition to whatever you are paying to/through CSD?
Old 28th June 2016, 13:50   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Thanks for that detailed post S.Rahul.
But i wonder why would you need to pay a booking amount to the dealer - since CSD price is the total/final amount to be paid to the dealership (excluding RTO, handling & Insurance charges).

In this case wouldnt the booking amount be in addition to whatever you are paying to/through CSD?
You are right Blueleader. The CSD price is the final price of the car. However, to finalise a booking, the dealer asks for a token amount. Depending on how you are planning to get the Insurance and Regn done, this amount will either come back to you or get subsumed in the costs (also, if you are planning for extended warranty, this booking amount can be deducted).

In my case I'm getting the cash back from the dealership.

With the admins permission, here are a few pics of the pre PDI done at the stockyard of the dealership:

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-20160628_121002.jpg

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-20160628_121024.jpg

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-20160628_120920.jpg

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-20160628_121243.jpg

I've captured the keyfob with which the car was opened for inspection making sure to get the number. Got the Vehicle Information Plate, and the odometer (was supremely happy to see that the odo read 10 km only)

Last edited by s.rahul : 28th June 2016 at 14:13.
Old 28th June 2016, 14:11   #161

Quote:
You are right Blueleader. The CSD price is the final price of the car. However, to finalise a booking, the dealer asks for a token amount. ...
In my case I'm getting the cash back from the dealership.
Ok, so different manufacturers have different rules in that case.
We picked up an Ecosport last month and the process was :
  1. Get availability letter and quote from dealer
  2. Provide DD to CSD and collect associated docs from CSD
  3. Submit docs to Dealer
  4. Ford directly invoiced the vehicle to CSD and vehicle / documents were not handed over to dealer until DD was realized and final invoice was prepared
  5. On invoice being provided to us we were free to pick an insurer and provide details to the dealer for temp. registration - more on that below
  6. The CSD DD amount included dealer charges
The dealer collected a temp. registration fee as the vehicle was directly sent from Ford factory to Chengalpet RTO for registration - this was apparently a mandate by Ford for all Chennai CSD vehicles. No idea how they do it elsewhere

Vehicle delivered with temp. plates and we were free to do permanent registration/Tax/Insurance on our own or any agent or through the dealer.

We got our vehicle with 82km on the ODO - from Ford factory to Chengalpet RTO to Dealer.

My understanding from picking up vehicles from CSD is that for CSD bookings, Manufacturers will not allot cars from the dealer pool as the taxes etc... are already paid for, which in the case of CSD is waived. Hence will require allotments directly from the manufacturers yard
Old 28th June 2016, 22:48   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueleader View Post
Ok, so different manufacturers have different rules in that case.
We picked up an Ecosport last month and the process was :
  1. Get availability letter and quote from dealer
  2. Provide DD to CSD and collect associated docs......
....My understanding from picking up vehicles from CSD is that for CSD bookings, Manufacturers will not allot cars from the dealer pool as the taxes etc... are already paid for, which in the case of CSD is waived. Hence will require allotments directly from the manufacturers yard
The CSD Depot actually gives you three documents on payment of the DD. The receipt of the DD, the PO and the Authorisation letter to the dealer asking him to release the vehicle in the custody of the Officer/JCO/OR. This is the practice followed in many CSD Depots.

However, the CSD Depot follows certain specific practices associated with certain manufacturers to prevent misuse of the facilities.

Further, the taxes are not to be availed as the dealer is supposed to indicate while booking that it is a CSD purchase. There are a few procedures I'd like to clarify with regards to booking of vehicles (my two pence on the matter):-

(a) When a requirement arises at the dealership, he places a demand on the manufacturer.

(b) This demand is indicated with specific type of purchase i.e Institutional, Private, Lease, CSD etc.

(c) In case of non-CSD demands, the taxes are paid. In case of CSD demands, the taxes are exempted (some states wholly, some states partially). This is also the reason for varying prices of goods across various depots.

(d) AFAIK, there should be no dealer charge paid to the CSD, they do not have the authority to collect it. Presently, they are struggling with accounting the TCS levied on goods above 10 lakhs (this is a direct quote from an Area Mgr). Additionally, the system (ERP/POS type) does not allow any other charge other than base price and allowed taxes to be levied from the customer.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:35   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Latest procedure for CSD purchase and my journey through it

Quote:
NEVER GO THROUGH THE DEALER FOR INSURANCE OR REGISTRATION (AS RIGHTLY INDICATED IN A POST BY GTO)
Even I had said that sir. Though through different words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Other relevant points to be kept in mind: -
3) If you can afford the time and effort, it is always better to process the whole buying episode by yourself. Agents eat a lot of money.
4) Haggle hard for insurance (if taking from the agent). Get an online quote for the CSD amount. This will give a rough estimate. You can easily offset atleast Rs 10,000 on this regard.
Quote:
My car is a XUV 500 W10 FWD. Booked, Financed and PO taken out in 09 days. Delivery on 29 Jun
Congrats on your buy sir. From Polo to an XUV is quite a journey though.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:51   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Even I had said that sir. Though through different words.

Congrats on your buy sir. From Polo to an XUV is quite a journey though.
Thanks Dhanush, BTW I had seen a few pics of you with a Merc. When did you pick that up? Enjoying every bit of the car. Hope to pen long and interesting travelogues.
Old 2nd July 2016, 07:41   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dhanush, BTW I had seen a few pics of you with a Merc. When did you pick that up? Enjoying every bit of the car. Hope to pen long and interesting travelogues.
No sir. The Merc isn't mine. Those two snaps were taken for 'posing sake' at a promotional event. Even the XUV is a stretch with the paycheck we get for our profession.

However, Kuttan had picked up a Merc. Seems he pooled all his savings into it .

Looking forward to your travelogues.
I used to pen in a few earlier; but I ain't getting time in my present appointment to travel much. And hence, no travelogues either. Neither am I much active in this forum these days (since last 18 months actually) for want of time.
My resolution now is to make amends to that
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks