Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 01:27   #211
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
My retired father is eligible to buy a car from CSD canteen and has a smart card. But he is severely visually impaired and doesn't have a driving license.

Questions:

1) Can he buy a car from CSD without having a driving license?
2) Will the car-ownership be on his name? Or can it be on his son's name (ie. my name) from the very outset?
3) If it has to be on his own name, is it possible to transfer the ownership to his son?
4) In which state does it get registered?
Having a smart card doesn't necessarily imply eligibility as car buying doesn't require smart card but other set of documents signed from Zila sainik board / Ex servicemen board. Also there are restrictions on engine capacity based on the rank, so keep that in mind before proceeding. Your father can always buy a car from CSD even if he is visually impaired and doesn't have a licence as the car is intended for his use. The car will Be registered to him as the invoice will be on his name. He also has to certify that he will not sell the car or transfer ownership for a period of four years. The car gets registered in the state where he resides although it can be done elsewhere by producing address proof but then he will be harassed for driving out of state car by police.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 9th October 2017 at 01:29.
RajeVenu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 08:15   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
... Also there are restrictions on engine capacity based on the rank, so keep that in mind before proceeding. Your father can always buy a car from CSD even if he is visually impaired and doesn't have a licence as the car is intended for his use. The car will Be registered to him as the invoice will be on his name...
Thanks.

Is there a link where I can see what engine capacity my dad is entitled to? (He is a *retired* class 1 gazetted civilian officer)

Also, can I be a co-owner of the car? If not, how does insurance work? That is, can I get insurance on my name on the car even though it is solely owned by him? (And a similar query about car *loan*)
Old 9th October 2017, 08:21   #213
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Thanks.

Is there a link where I can see what engine capacity my dad is entitled to? (He is a *retired* class 1 gazetted civilian officer)

Also, can I be a co-owner of the car? If not, how does insurance work? That is, can I get insurance on my name on the car even though it is solely owned by him? (And a similar query about car *loan*)
You cannot be a co owner. Driving license is required. If he was a class 1 gazetted officer, has can buy any of the vehicles available in CSD.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 21:20   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

AFAIK, I don't think CSD facility is extended for retired civilian officers. It is only for defence/ ex defence employees.
Old 26th December 2017, 14:49   #215
BHPian

Good news.
Jeep Compass , all models, are now available through CSD.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 10:33   #216
BHPian

Hexa also available through CSD now.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 23:26   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Good news.
Jeep Compass , all models, are now available through CSD.
That's really good news for Armed forces personals who can avail CSD benefits. I know a lot of my friends who were waiting for the Compass to be introduced in CSD. By any chance, would you be able to share the CSD prices of the Compass here as I'm unable to find any link of the same anywhere online.

Secondly, any news on the new gen Hyundai Verna being introduced anytime soon in CSD?
Old 29th December 2017, 12:10   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
That's really good news for Armed forces personals who can avail CSD benefits. I know a lot of my friends who were waiting for the Compass to be introduced in CSD. By any chance, would you be able to share the CSD prices of the Compass here as I'm unable to find any link of the same anywhere online.

Secondly, any news on the new gen Hyundai Verna being introduced anytime soon in CSD?
The quote which i got for Delhi availability is as under for all models

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-capture.jpg

Hyundai takes generally two to three months for introduction of new vehicles in CSD. Will need to check about new Verna.

PS : Just got confirmation that new Hyundai Verna is available in CSD.

Last edited by nkghai : 29th December 2017 at 12:30. Reason: adding information
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 23:19   #219
BHPian

Note the quote listed here has a low registration amount. I have seen this before from an agent as well. "(HP)" indicates registration rate for Himachal Pradesh which is amongst the lowest in the country. As you get your individual city quotes be ready for the surprise in store.
Old 11th January 2018, 00:45   #220
BHPian

The new swift is about to release next month. Since Swift is available in CSD, any bookings after the launch via CSD would be for the 2018 version?
Old 16th January 2018, 14:41   #221
BHPian

Hi,
I went to the local CSD authorised Maruti dealership in Malviya Nagar, Delhi. I got the following quote for Maruti Dzire Vxi.

CSD Depot Price of Rs. 5,64,273
Registration - Rs.50,846
Insurance (Zero dep) - Rs.22,315
Basic Kit - Rs. 7,929
Extended warranty for 3 years/1,00,000Kms - Rs.10,637

Total on road price of Rs.6,56,000

I'm attaching the price list of the cars given to me. He said the price of the vehicle (ex-showroom) is decided between the CSD and Maruti and there are no discounts on that. Rest of the charges seem to be on as-is basis.

I could scout for quotes for insurance from other companies.

Also, the registration charges seem oddly high. Isn't it supposed to be 4% for petrol if the value is less than 6 lakhs?

What I found very odd was that the car does not come with mudflaps from the factory and they are a part of the basic kit. What car gets shipped without mud flaps?
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-scan-30.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-scan-31.jpeg  

Last edited by sibot : 16th January 2018 at 14:44.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 09:36   #222
BHPian

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross and Maruti Suzuki Ignis have been introduced in CSD.
Old 1st March 2018, 15:39   #223
Senior - BHPian

The Post-GST Price List for vehicles through CSD Delhi as on March 2018 are as follows:-

Datsun-Nissan:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-datsunnissan-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Ford:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-ford-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Honda:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-honda-csd-prices-delhi-page-1.jpg
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-honda-csd-prices-delhi-page-2.jpg

Hyundai:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-hyundai-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Mahindra:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-mahindra-csd-prices-delhi-page-1.jpg
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-mahindra-csd-prices-delhi-page-2.jpg

Maruti Suzuki:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-maruti-suzuki-csd-prices-delhi-page-1.jpg
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-maruti-suzuki-csd-prices-delhi-page-2.jpg
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-maruti-suzuki-csd-prices-delhi-page-3.jpg

Mitsubishi:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-mitsubishi-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Renault:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-renault-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Skoda:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-skoda-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Tata:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-tata-csd-prices-delhi-page-1.jpg
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-tata-csd-prices-delhi-page-2.jpg
Sadly, Nexon is still not available through CSD!

Toyota:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-toyota-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

And, Volkswagen:
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-volkswagen-csd-prices-delhi.jpg

Hope this will help some prospective customers who will buy through CSD in the times to come.
AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 10:22   #224
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner and Hyundai Tucson have been introduced in CSD.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:43   #225
BHPian

Surprising that Toyota Altis isn't available through CSD.
And I so wish they had the Octavia 1.8 TSI !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks