Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2016, 20:00   #121
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
please update in case you get some more info.
Good news I just received from someone in CSD.

" Hyundai Creta being introduced in CSD. We have revoked the suspension of sale of other Hyundai variants. You can start placing orders for Creta after about two weeks after due formalities at CSD HO."

So hopefully your wait will end soon.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 22:33   #122
BHPian

Thanks Nkghai I however have went the civil route and purchased the vehicle. Have opted for asta optional variant which is unavailable in csd.
Old 12th February 2016, 22:37   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Thanks Nkghai I however have went the civil route and purchased the vehicle. Have opted for asta optional variant which is unavailable in csd.

I hope you mean the SX(O) and not asta, since only cars upto the elite i20 have the sportz/asta etc nomenclature for its variants.
Old 13th February 2016, 10:29   #124
BHPian

Ban by CSD on Hyundai Cars Lifted

Further to my earlier post. It is in the news now.
Check out this link http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...mands/50970572

Salient points from the news article :-

In a fresh letter addressed to all area managers of CSD depots, which was seen by ETAuto, CSD has ordered the lifting of the ban after Hyundai offered "reasonable discount both on the 'trade' as well as on the dealer's Margin."

The letter read, "Since M/s Hyundai Motors India have themselves requested for urgent introduction of Creta models for which demand was being received from all quarters, the suspension imposed vide letter No. AFD/Hyundai/7210-A/Sales/517 Dt. 27 Jan 2016 stands revoked as per the direction of the competent authority. All depots can resume sale of all Hyundai cars forthwith."

The Chennai-based Hyundai Motor India also agreed to bring down the waiting period for Creta from 6-7 months to 2 months (from the date of booking) for all armed forces and defence personnel.

Good signs

Last edited by nkghai : 13th February 2016 at 10:55.
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 00:52   #125
BHPian

Hey guys!
I am from a Civilian family, but my mom has a relative who is in BSF, suppose we buy the car in his name, what would be the complications we'll have to face? Would you recommend it?
Old 15th February 2016, 09:42   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Hey guys!
I am from a Civilian family, but my mom has a relative who is in BSF, suppose we buy the car in his name, what would be the complications we'll have to face? Would you recommend it?
The nature of the discount / exemption are a way of recognising the sacrifice / hard years of service that the military put in for protecting the nation for a pittance. You should not be even consider taking advantage of this. If your BSF relative went ahead with this, it could backfire badly if he was caught.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 11:42   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!
The car can only be purchased under your relative's name and if I am not wrong, the ruling says that he/she can't sell the car for at least 2 years.

Moving on, the website really doesn't provide correct/timely information. I have been trying to get an idea of Baleno/S-cross prices but all in vain. Last pdf is of 30 Dec 15, I hope they update one soon with "correct" prices!
Old 15th February 2016, 12:10   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!
The whole idea of CSD prices are to recognize or reward the men and women of the armed forces for their service to the country. It's a really cheap idea to sponge off of the service of your relative to save some money when you yourself are in a civilian field.

Aside from that the CSD personnel take a very dim view of people doing things like this and it could have some repercussions for your relative if he gets caught.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 12:12   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!

So technically he will own the car and if the relations get sour for some reason, he can drive away your new car. .
pamiboy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 15:11   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Moving on, the website really doesn't provide correct/timely information. I have been trying to get an idea of Baleno/S-cross prices but all in vain. Last pdf is of 30 Dec 15, I hope they update one soon with "correct" prices!
Which location are you planning to buy the vehicle from?

You don't have to get the latest rates from CSD. In case you have the old pdf, it will also give the dealers name. Just call the dealer, they will have a sales person dedicated for CSD sales and he/she will send you their latest rates.

If you still can't lay hands on that, pm me and i will forward email id and phone number of agents who will willingly give you latest rates.

The latest rates i got on 10th Feb ex csd Ahmedabad are us under
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-rates.jpg

Disclaimer : i have no interest with any of the agents. Just that a host of my armed forces friends take my advice so i keep myself updated.

Last edited by nkghai : 15th February 2016 at 15:27. Reason: adding rates
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 14:08   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post

You don't have to get the latest rates from CSD. In case you have the old pdf, it will also give the dealers name. Just call the dealer, they will have a sales person dedicated for CSD sales and he/she will send you their latest rates.

If you still can't lay hands on that, pm me and i will forward email id and phone number of agents who will willingly give you latest rates.
I shall call up the dealers then and get an idea about the on road prices. Considering me and my family are based out of Pune/Mumbai, Ahmedabad Depot would be our best choice especially considering the price difference between Mumbai and Ahmedabad.

Thank you for the Ahmedabad quotation. Definitely a lot of difference as compared to market price.

Will PM you if I need any specific details. Thanks once again.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 18:12   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!
The car will be in your relatives name for three years, if he is of the rank of officer he won't be able to buy another car for four years. If he is of the rank below officer this is the only car he could buy while in service.

These three years you will end up convincing every police guy on road that you borrowed your uncles car for a drive. If the car is involved in any mishap or something, your uncle will be equally harassed.

I would also not recommend you to go through all this for saving a little money.
Old 26th February 2016, 08:58   #133
BHPian

Some news!
Application for introduction of Mitsubishi Pajero in CSD has been received by the Canteen Department.
Estimated time is two months.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 14:39   #134
BHPian

Latest Update.
Hyundai Creta now available ex CSD. Check with your Hyundai dealer for rates.
The rates ex Ahmedabad CSD are as under :-

1.6 S VTVT : Rs 869243/-
1.6 SX+ VTVT : Rs 1013281/-
1.4 S CRDI : Rs 944739/-
1.4 S+CRDI : Rs 1035870/-
1.6 SX CRDI : Rs 1057979/-
1.6 SX (O) CRDI : Rs 1233322/-
1.6 SX+ AT CRDI : Rs 1235435/-‎
Old 27th February 2016, 18:15   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Latest Update.
Hyundai Creta now available ex CSD. Check with your Hyundai dealer for rates.
The rates ex Ahmedabad CSD are as under :-

1.6 S VTVT : Rs 869243/-
1.6 SX+ VTVT : Rs 1013281/-
1.4 S CRDI : Rs 944739/-
1.4 S+CRDI : Rs 1035870/-
1.6 SX CRDI : Rs 1057979/-
1.6 SX (O) CRDI : Rs 1233322/-
1.6 SX+ AT CRDI : Rs 1235435/-‎
Wow, thats great news. It surely will make many hearts happy who were looking for this machine to come via csd.

@nkghai any chance of fortuner's re-intro and santa fe's fresh introduction via CSD??

Most Viewed