Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:11   #91
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

I wanted to ask a small question. Are all cars of a particular company (that already sells cars CSD, for example Maruti) sold via CSD channel? Or does the company have to specifically make a car available via CSD?

Thanks!
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:32   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I wanted to ask a small question. Are all cars of a particular company (that already sells cars CSD, for example Maruti) sold via CSD channel? Or does the company have to specifically make a car available via CSD?

Thanks!
Each model and it's variant needs to be specifically introduced in csd.
Old 26th September 2015, 20:41   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

This update comes a little late. However, its better late than never.

Following changes have been incorporated in the procedure for purchase of four wheelers with immediate effect: -

1. Obtaining sanction from IHQ for purchase of car has been done away with. Personnel desirous of buying can directly forward the indent form to their respective CSDs.
2. There is also a change in the format of the indent form. The form is available for download from the official website. Alternately, respective service websites linking to CSD also has provided download links of the same.

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 26th September 2015 at 20:42. Reason: Formatting errors
dhanushmenon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 09:58   #94
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Is there an update on the S Cross CSD introduction?
Old 24th October 2015, 20:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy Ertiga from CSD in my dads name.

I checked with others and noticed that the following is the procedure now.

Submit documents and get special sanction from CSD main office (Delhi).
The CSD team will give the sanction and upload it on the website.
Then approach the CSD Depot from where you want to buy the car and submit all documents along with the printout of the site PDF stating your name is there in the sanction list.
Once the CSD depot okays all document then approach the dealer with given documents for final payments like RTO, Insurance etc and get the car.

Is the above mentioned procedure correct? We would not want to go via agents etc. Better do on our own, there would be some running around, but satisfaction would be higher.

A few documents I downloaded, have uploaded here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf APPLICATON_SPECIAL_SANCTION_OF_CAR 2905153406.pdf (78.0 KB, 5625 views)
File Type: pdf CSD te letter 14 07 15.pdf (1.50 MB, 974 views)
File Type: pdf Instructions.pdf (532.4 KB, 958 views)
File Type: pdf notice on eligibility.pdf (547.8 KB, 909 views)
File Type: pdf sanction.pdf (584.5 KB, 566 views)
Old 24th October 2015, 22:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I am looking to buy Ertiga from CSD in my dads name.

I checked with others and noticed that the following is the procedure now.

Submit documents and get special sanction from CSD main office (Delhi).
The CSD team will give the sanction and upload it on the website.
Then approach the CSD Depot from where you want to buy the car and submit all documents along with the printout of the site PDF stating your name is there in the sanction list.
Once the CSD depot okays all document then approach the dealer with given documents for final payments like RTO, Insurance etc and get the car.

Is the above mentioned procedure correct? We would not want to go via agents etc. Better do on our own, there would be some running around, but satisfaction would be higher.
The procedure for buying the car through CSD has changed and from Jul2015 no sanction from CSD cell located at Delhi is required. You can approach the concerned CSD depot directly for getting the purchase order. Be advised not all depots have all makes & models of cars so confirm from the CSD depot the index number of the make & model and price. Remember the depot only accepts drafts from nationalised banks, so confirm from them if they will accept drafts from other banks. Depots like Ahmedabad accept NEFT transfer ask your depot if they accept NEFT, it will save you on bank draft commission, it is quite substantial.
When you submit the documents to depot they will give you a purchase order( a paper document) which you will give to the dealer. Make payments for the registration & insurance if you want the dealer to get it done for you. If are inclined to save some money get the insurance done yourself.
Dealers try to palm off dead stock to CSD customers so check the VIN before you give okay for registration. If you are willing to wait then as per procedure the dealer is supposed to place a demand to the factory for the make & model of car based on the purchase order. In this case you will be assured of recently produced lot.
Don't go blindly on the words of the dealer and check everything before you close the deal.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 24th October 2015 at 22:18.
RajeVenu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 10:34   #97
BHPian

Just wanted to check, if we buy through CSD, will the dealer still give us the applicable offers at that time for Non-CSD customers? I am talking about the cashbacks, loyalty/exchange bonus, free accessories etc.

More important at this time of the year as most of the manufacturers have some or the offers running, and these discounts might just be a shade under the CSD prices, depending on the manufacturer we select, and would entail lesser running around than getting it through CSD.
Old 17th November 2015, 14:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Just wanted to check, if we buy through CSD, will the dealer still give us the applicable offers at that time for Non-CSD customers? I am talking about the cashbacks, loyalty/exchange bonus, free accessories etc.
The answer to your query is Yes.

If there are cash discounts and other schemes like free insurance/ free accessories at that point of time, the same can be got from dealer if you ask. My brother got a cash discount and free insurance from the dealer.

Also GOOD NEWS for S Cross fans

Just got a mail that S Cross is now available ex CSD

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd December 2015 at 17:36. Reason: Fixing quote.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 15:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Just got a mail that S Cross is now available ex CSD
Thank you for this bit of info!
Who is the dealer? Any contact mail/ number?
Old 17th November 2015, 15:14   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Thank you for this bit of info!
Who is the dealer? Any contact mail/ number?
HI nikhil
Just sent a pm with details of the person who informed me and is a broker from Noida for purchase of csd vehicles.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:46   #101
BHPian

Quote:
HI nikhil
Just sent a pm with details of the person who informed me and is a broker from Noida for purchase of csd vehicles.
Hi,

Can you pls PM me the details as well.
Or if you could post it here for everybody's benefit.

Cheers!
Old 17th November 2015, 18:36   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Hi,

Can you pls PM me the details as well.
Or if you could post it here for everybody's benefit.

Cheers!
OK . i can place it for public consumption, but with a caveat.

He is a broker who will for a fees do your paper work and running around for ex csd purchases. I cannot vouch for the individual. I use his services to keep myself updated wrt csd rates and introductions. Have heard good and bad reviews both so do your diligence if you are to deal with him. Plus point is he updates you as soon as there is a new induction.

IMRAN KHAN - 9811413919
from
RAPID WHEELS

Last edited by nkghai : 17th November 2015 at 18:39. Reason: macbook auto updates csd to cod
Old 1st December 2015, 18:34   #103
BHPian

Quote:
OK . i can place it for public consumption, but with a caveat.

He is a broker who will for a fees do your paper work and running around for ex csd purchases. I cannot vouch for the individual. I use his services to keep myself updated wrt csd rates and introductions. Have heard good and bad reviews both so do your diligence if you are to deal with him. Plus point is he updates you as soon as there is a new induction.

IMRAN KHAN - 9811413919
from
RAPID WHEELS
Thanks nkghai, will get in touch with the guy. Any specific pointers while dealing with him?
Old 23rd December 2015, 16:31   #104
BHPian

Surprisingly the Creta is still not available through CSD. Anyone with any clue as to when will it be available?

Also I've noticed a couple of times that the price list PDF has incorrect prices, for instance the current PDF says that the Polo GT TSI in Ahmedabad costs some 4.4L. Same is the case for S-Cross.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 23rd December 2015 at 16:33.
Old 24th December 2015, 08:30   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Surprisingly the Creta is still not available through CSD. Anyone with any clue as to when will it be available?

Also I've noticed a couple of times that the price list PDF has incorrect prices, for instance the current PDF says that the Polo GT TSI in Ahmedabad costs some 4.4L. Same is the case for S-Cross.
Yes Creta is eagerly awaited. Prior to buying a Creta off the shelf,i spoke to the concerned official at Army HQ in Sep, they had yet not got any request from Hyundai and it takes two months post request receipt, whereas a mail to me from Hyundai said that they will consider it. Will post on this forum ASAP any news flows in.

Also you are correct about prices in pdf. They are incorrect. There are many dealers as mentioned in my earlier posts too, who have updated prices in excel sheets. So you can contact them and get the correct picture. In case you want i will pm you the rates applicable as on 25th Nov for some locations which i have.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed