Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2018, 08:59   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Has anyone bought a car via CSD in Kerala?
Hope this helps. Guess it was through INCS but should be a similar process.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4172122
Old 1st July 2018, 19:09   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone bought a car via CSD in Kerala? My mom is a CSD Cardholder (Dad was a JCO) and I believe is eligible for this. Wanted to know how to go about it. I've approached FCA India for a Jeep Compass and they've given me a quote; said I've to go to Kochi and taken a token and all. Little confused on steps needed to be taken first. Any help would be appreciated
Yes your mother is eligible for the purchase. JCO's are authorised to purchase cars upto 1500cc(both pet and diesel). However, their are few pre requisites.
Firstly whether the model is available in CSD or not.
Secondly, is the dealer providing the model. For ex, in Uttarakhand, you can purchase any model of TATA from CSD provided the vehicle is taken from dealer of Dehradun, Rudrapur or Haldwani. There are more dealers but availability of CSD facility is not there. In this case, a resident of Uttarakhand, lets say from Pauri, needs to come to CSD depot in dehradun, get all the documents verified, make payment in the favour of CSD and then collect the car once made available. As far as Kochi, kindly check from the auth dealer of kochi for csd services.
Thirdly, CSD depots have made laid restrictions on the number of purchases, so once you purchase, you may not be able to purchase again from CSD for the next 10 years. This aspect is area specific. For officers of Army, it is 4 years precise, for JCO's i am not very sure but should be approx 6 years minimum.
Lastly, CSD also has waiting, which is independent of waiting periods of the model. So, the dealer might say model is readily available, CSD may not give you clearance for purchase. In Uttarakhand, the waiting is of 6 months.
The set of documents for csd purchase include your father's discharge book, PPO details, resident proof/verification by the dependent soldier board/ Station Headquarter, availibility certificate by dealer etc.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 03:24   #243
BHPian

Had enquired about introduction of the face-lifted Hyundai Creta about a month back when I was in India, it was not introduced in CSD then. Got a message from Joshi Hyundai Chandigarh today that the new Creta has been launched in CSD as well.

Attaching the CSD price list for reference -

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-image1-1.jpeg
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 23:36   #244
BHPian

I recently bought an S-Cross through CSD. Here is the latest csd prices at meerut depot.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-9ec562d9587442eea5a1bad63d5581da.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-af5e79cdd2d64a39b5b317c75e7a865f.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-6a02ae237b61450fb8a0d19f73413024.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-92b250e2c0de43b9b3b6bc034591d20d.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-be81d0d83e7c4dbebf51575e2a24dc57.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-c2fcba05ec444328be1b40ffb1fb43fa.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-ba1a614bd68e43ebb254cf3c376a84b8.jpeg  

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-75c86878c7a74cc9b4b370dcd61472f1.jpeg  

car-dent is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:20   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

I got an updated price list today. Uploading here.

[ATTACH=Consolidated CSD Price List Final (4)-1.pdf]1804165[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Consolidated CSD Price List Final (4)-1.pdf (45.2 KB, 1113 views)
Old 15th October 2018, 18:09   #246
BHPian

So I went and enquired directly at local Zila Sainik Board. JCOs and dependents are eligible upto 2000 CC as against 1500 cc mentioned here in the above comments. FYI
Krishnan83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 23:09   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I went and enquired directly at local Zila Sainik Board. JCOs and dependents are eligible upto 2000 CC as against 1500 cc mentioned here in the above comments. FYI
Thanks Krishnan.
This thread was authored almost five years back. Many rules have changed in the last few years. An example is the case of obtaining sanction from IHQ for processing the indent form, which doesn't exist now.

Thanks for the valuable update. The authenticity and credibility of the thread can be maintained only by valuable inputs like these by well wishers like you. Many thanks again.
dhanushmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 19:21   #248
BHPian

My father holds the Ex-Serviceman card from Ahmadabad ( From where he retired ) but now is settled in Noida.
When we visited the Zila Sanik board for the permission to buy the car, they mentioned that since the Ex-Serviceman card is from Ahmedabad, he would need to visit the Zila Sanik board there to get the permit or he can handover the card to the Zila Sanik board in Ahmedabad, get a NOC and then a new card will be issued to him in Noida.

Just wanted to check if what they are saying is correct?
Old 22nd October 2018, 23:10   #249
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Posting my questions here.

I'm moving back to Hyderabad from Bangalore and I just sold my Nano.

It's time for a change 

I wanted some help on the car buying process from CSD. How do we go about it and how much really is the difference post GST? Is it worth it?

And the main question would be if we get a finance help from banks when we device to buy a car from CSD. And with my father being a retired air warrior, how would we get the loan worked out as I would be repaying it but the vehicle would be on his name.
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:21   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
I wanted some help on the car buying process from CSD. How do we go about it and how much really is the difference post GST? Is it worth it?
Yes it's absolutely worth it. And the price difference is easily 10-15%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
And the main question would be if we get a finance help from banks when we device to buy a car from CSD. And with my father being a retired air warrior, how would we get the loan worked out as I would be repaying it but the vehicle would be on his name.
You will need to get a co-signed loan ( i think that's what it's called). You pay the EMI and the car will be under your father's name. I did the same thing. It's not a hassle at all and should be possible with all private banks.

For more details on the CSD process, you should visit the dealership that is tied up with the CSD depot in your city and they'll help you out with the entire process.
Old 23rd October 2018, 19:02   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Yes it's absolutely worth it. And the price difference is easily 10-15%.

For more details on the CSD process, you should visit the dealership that is tied up with the CSD depot in your city and they'll help you out with the entire process.
Thank you mate. Answers my most important question on the finance part. Now will have to check on the models and variants available in CSD.
Old 26th October 2018, 16:17   #252
Senior - BHPian

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross now available through CSD

The Isuzu D-Max V-Cross is now available through the Canteen Stores Department (CSD). The standard variant of the V-Cross will be sold at CSD outlets at an exclusive price.

Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21-dmaxvcrossimage.jpg

The Isuzu D-Max V-Cross is a twin-cab pick-up truck. It has a chrome grille at the front, which is flanked by projector headlamps. It comes with chrome door handles and ORVM housings and rides on 16-inch alloy wheels. Unlike the 'High' variant which gets features like LED tail lamps, LED DRLs, Auto Cruise, 6-way power adjustable driver seat and leather upholstery, the standard variant comes with side-steps, rear view camera and a 2-DIN audio system. It also lacks safety aides like Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and traction control.

Powering the D-Max V-Cross is a 2.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that produces 134 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and 320 Nm of torque @ 1,800-2,800 rpm. Power is sent to all four wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission.

The D-Max V-Cross is available in 6 colour options - Ruby Red, Orchid Brown, Cosmic Black, Titanium Silver, Obsidian Grey and Splash White.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 10:21   #253
BHPian

Any clarity on prices on the models?
Old 12th November 2018, 00:03   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
My father holds the Ex-Serviceman card from Ahmadabad ( From where he retired ) but now is settled in Noida.
When we visited the Zila Sanik board for the permission to buy the car, they mentioned that since the Ex-Serviceman card is from Ahmedabad, he would need to visit the Zila Sanik board there to get the permit or he can handover the card to the Zila Sanik board in Ahmedabad, get a NOC and then a new card will be issued to him in Noida.

Just wanted to check if what they are saying is correct?
Yes, that is correct. I also had an Ex-Servicemen ID Card issued from my native city when I left the army. Now that I am settled in Greater Noida, I surrendered my card there, got a NOC and submitted it here. A fresh ID Card from Noida ZSB was issued to me. It is worthwhile to get this done since your father is now settled here.
dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 15:08   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Yes, that is correct. I also had an Ex-Servicemen ID Card issued from my native city when I left the army. Now that I am settled in Greater Noida, I surrendered my card there, got a NOC and submitted it here. A fresh ID Card from Noida ZSB was issued to me. It is worthwhile to get this done since your father is now settled here.
Thanks, can i connect with you to understand the process in a better way. We are also located in Greater Noida

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks