Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:15   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
BR -V rendered. Bits of Mobilio- Amaze - Brio , well it ought to if the platform is the same!
In this rendering, it is already not looking as sharp as the previous (in red) renderings. It probably due to the perspective of the previous rendering , which made it look really sharp.
Only problem with the Brio platform is, cabin is too narrow. Wonder if they can make it bit wider.
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:51   #92
BHPian

Very good design. Some wish list from my side.

1. Better Interiors than Brio/Mobilio.
2. AWD.
3. CVT in higher end Diesel.
4. Better NHV in Diesel Engines.
Old 2nd July 2015, 17:48   #93
BHPian

A very good rendering from Indian Autos Blog. If the same makes to production this will be the best looking SUV in the segment. Need an AWD to match the looks.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/07/h...ndering-182852

ashok_lat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:27   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda BR-V prototype already made in India.

To take on Hyundai's Creta and Maruti's S Cross apart from Renualt's Duster/Terrano!

Honda has just made one prototype of the BR-V in India. The Tapukara plant is undergoing expansion and the BR-V is likely to be manufactured. Honda’s BR-V might just be ready by early or mid 2016.

Quote:
It will be priced between INR 11-15 lakhs (on-road)
http://motoroctane.com/news/15177-ho...in-india-scoop

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd July 2015 at 14:31.
Old 4th July 2015, 02:53   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In this rendering, it is already not looking as sharp as the previous (in red) renderings.
Guna sir, the first one was the official sketch, not a rendering - The sketches are always over the top, very sharp and has too many angles, cuts and creases along with huge wheels and stuff. Renderings might never be accurate, it is an artist / designer's view on how the car MIGHT come out. His rendering might be based on the official sketches, the spy-shots, the company's design philosophy and his own imagination as well. It might never be accurate, but might give an early impression on how the car will look like. So, we cannot actually comment on how the actual car will be based either or the sketches or on the renderings. Guess we will at least have to wait till a concept / prototype is shown or some spy-shots start arriving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
A very good rendering from Indian Autos Blog. If the same makes to production this will be the best looking SUV in the segment. Need an AWD to match the looks.
Yes of course, the rendering looks very good. But then, who knows how close it is going to be with the real product. I am sure SRK has come up with this rendering based on the official sketches and Honda's exciting H designs in new products. I am sure Honda has their design already in place and the final production version will be based on that. I too hope Honda comes up with a striking design, revolutionary interiors and feature loaded product to get a real winner out of the Brio platform.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 09:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post

Yes of course, the rendering looks very good. But then, who knows how close it is going to be with the real product. I am sure SRK has come up with this rendering based on the official sketches and Honda's exciting H designs in new products. I am sure Honda has their design already in place and the final production version will be based on that.
This car is supposed to be unveiled during the Bangkok (or is it some other show?) Auto show in August 2015! But then, even that may be a prototype and not production ready model.
Old 4th July 2015, 09:48   #97
BHPian

The image in Indian Auto Blog is really good . A change in the front grill and logo could well pass off the vehicle as a mini Fortuner. However, the tyres look like it has been taken off a Maruti 800
Old 4th July 2015, 12:25   #98
mxx
BHPian

I am very skeptical about the rendering, despite the official sketch. Official sketch are always radical. And brio based products till date have very uninspiring design (probably kept that way to make their more premium offerings visually more attractive). The final design will most probably be very conservative. Hope I am wrong!!
Old 12th August 2015, 12:44   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda BR-V likely to get 6-speed manual, CVT gearbox.

The new Honda SUV could get uprated engines and new transmissions; expected to be unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016.

Quote:
Although based on the same platform as the Brio, Amaze and the Mobilio, the BR-V will look more angular and rugged. At 2,652mm, the wheelbase is the same as the Mobilio, but there is a possibility of the engines getting an update. There will be the familiar 1.5-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel on offer. However, the big news is that Honda is likely to offer a six-speed manual gearbox on the BR-V, in place of the five-speed unit seen on the Amaze and the Mobilio
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-396852.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th August 2015 at 12:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 13:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport is based on Fiesta platform.
Creta (larger than ecosport) based on i20 (smaller/equal to Fiesta) platform
This will be based on Brio (smaller than i20) platform

How much can they cram in such a short wheelbase? And then they also expect it to sell well at prices higher than Honda City????
Old 13th August 2015, 13:43   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

And how is a 6 speed manual a 'news'? Jazz & City are already sold with one.

I really hope the design is close to what IAB has done - its seriously AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
How much can they cram in such a short wheelbase? And then they also expect it to sell well at prices higher than Honda City????
Sir, it's a HONDA!!

Jokes apart, Mobilio is also based on this platform. So I don't see a problem.
Old 13th August 2015, 13:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This will be based on Brio (smaller than i20) platform

I am not sure if Honda intends to change the wheel-base from Brio --> B-RV, but in general, sharing a platform does not mean the wheel-base of both the vehicles have to be same.

Eg: Swift, Dzire, Ertiga, Ciaz - same platform, different wheel-base.

Platform-sharing only means maximizing the parts-sharing between models to ensure minimum development and part procurement cost, and also commonise tooling, production lines etc.

But yes, having seen Mobilio pricing, Honda might do the unthinkable and position this above the already expensive Creta and S-Cross duo.

Feels even worse when we consider that the much better Honda Vezel sells at <10L INR in JDM and approximately 12L INR for the Hybrid version with 1.5L i-VTec engine and Dual Clutch transmission!
Old 13th August 2015, 15:02   #103
BHPian

Considering its a 7 seater with same wheelbase, engines etc in my eyes all Honda is doing is altering the front design by raising the bonnet and calling it suv. Basically another Tata Aria to Hexa changeover but only difference this is the blue eyed boy of the masses Honda and thereby lesser hounding. Don't get me wrong I like Honda but of late for example the mobilio gives me a sense of flimsiness and crudeness which was not there. Anyway let's see what the final result is. Good times for all car buyers.
Old 13th August 2015, 20:48   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Creta is based on the Elantra platform.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 13th August 2015, 21:52   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Creta is based on the Elantra platform.

Cheers,

Jay
All the reports say the Creta is based on the Elite i20 platform and not the Elantra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_ix25

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ery-97049.html

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/be...ew-compact-suv

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11402076...ead-of-beijing

It's similar to the Kia Soul which is also based on the i20.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed