Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 23:50   #121
BHPian

Re: Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
While the front looks amazing, the sides from the mobilio just don't gel. But I'll wait for more pics to pass a judgment.
I really do hope they've improved the interiors, otherwise this car will be DOA.
Hi Aaron, your hopes of an all new interior has been granted, the BRV's interiors are a departure from the interiors of the Brio/Amaze/Mobilio and are more close to the ones in the Jazz and City.

Please find the below leaked pics of the interiors and rear design.
Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV-interiorhondabrv630x354.jpg

Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV-hondahrv630x354.jpg
The rear design hit me in the head as it looks very similar to the Creta's rear. Especially the chrome strip location and slim wraparound tail lamps.

Picture coutesy : Source

Last edited by karthick_b : 19th August 2015 at 23:56. Reason: Source courtesy
karthick_b is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 00:04   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

And this is the complete side profile:

Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV-hondabrvspyshot728x485.jpg

The rear one-thirds and rear finishing of the side profile seems to be inspired by the present-gen Jazz, similar to the dashboard design taking cues from the Jazz/City (posted above by karthick_b).

Too bad that the steering wheel is from the Mobilio/Amaze/Brio bin. Also, is it just me or the roof rails are looking completely out of place?

AutoNetMagz

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th August 2015 at 00:08.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 02:12   #123
BHPian

Going by the spy-pics, it is clear that Honda BR-V will look very similar to the renderings which, IMO, is a good thing to start with. This car will not have a tiny and sloping nose like the Mobilio. Honda has successfully managed to re-skin the Mobilio inside out, again a good thing. There is overdose of chrome in the grille which is not pretty common with the Hondas and the Indian market seems to love it. The best part of the spy pics is the revelation of the interiors which is a welcome change from the Brio platform. The dashboard design has inspirations from the City / Jazz and so does the instrument console. However, the steering seems to be borrowed from the Brio family itself which, IMO, looks out of place inside that cabin. I will, however, wait for better clarity pics to pass a judgement on the quality, design and appeal of the interiors.

Now, with Mobilio and City having a good overlap of prices, BR-V will obviously be placed above the City - which means it will enter the Scorpio and XUV territory. This car will most probably get the same engine + gearbox combination of the Mobilio (Diesel might get the 6 speed gearbox). That will again mean big trouble for Honda. They will have to kit the car adequately as it will not be able to hold a candle to the Mahindra SUVs' engine performance. Have to wait and watch Honda's strategy with this car in India. I expect this will be Honda's next major launch and might happen early next year - maybe the Auto Expo. Amaze, Brio and Mobilio face-lift with the updated interiors might happen only after that in the same order.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 05:08   #124
BHPian

I hope that when they launch this in India, they will price this against ecosport and not against Creata.
jvk84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 08:04   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
That will again mean big trouble for Honda. They will have to kit the car adequately as it will not be able to hold a candle to the Mahindra SUVs' engine performance.
Isn't that exactly what Hyundai did with Creta? It has a smaller engine than Mahindras but loaded with features. They have positioned it(1.6 diesels) closer to XUV territory in terms of pricing. But the engines are same as verna. If initial response is anything to go by, that strategy seems to be working. Still a few more months' numbers will provide a better picture.

Am sure Honda will be closely monitoring market response to the Creta. As BR-V:City is what Creta:Verna. Sad part is if Creta succeeds, we can be rest assured that this one will be priced somewhat similarly as the whole market pricing dynamic is on a north-ward movement segment-wise and everyone wants to have a piece of the pie.

The steering surely looks funny on the otherwise decent interior. If this is priced on line with Creta/S-cross , I think it will hurt S-cross more than the Creta because of the looks. Not to forget Honda A.S.S too enjoys a pretty good reputation like Maruti's

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th August 2015 at 08:06.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:34   #126
MHG
BHPian

Wait, so CR-V is the crossover derived from the Civic and BR-V is the crossover derived from the Brio ? Nice going Honda!
MHG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:40   #127
Team-BHP Support

If they plan to price it right up there along the S-Cross and Creta, then they better do justice to good solid interiors and space. And in that it would be very much Vezel like. So if that assertion is true, basically Honda wants to create a Vezel like SUV through the Brio platform to keep the prices down. I just hope cost-cutting is not apparent to this product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Unless Honda wants to surprise, this ones coming with city engines and in all likelihood will compete against Duster/Creta types.
For the Ecosport contender we might have to wait for the sub 4m "ARV" (Affordable Runabout Vehicle)
Ideally this SUV was should have been sub-4m and should be competing with Ecosport. Its the Vezel, which should compete against Creta. But Honda having seen traction in >4m segment, might push it up in size.

Last edited by ampere : 20th August 2015 at 10:47.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:42   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
As predicted ala Hexa transformation from Aria. Mobilio changed with new front to brv. Hope the interiors are changed too like Hexa
+1 ..Couldn't have put this better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
I hope that when they launch this in India, they will price this against ecosport and not against Creata.
Unless honda wants to surprise, this ones coming with city engines and in all likelihood will compete against Duster/Creta types.

For the Ecosport contender we might have to wait for the sub 4m "ARV" (Affordable Runabout Vehicle)
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:54   #129
Team-BHP Support

Looks good but the next gen Innova will come with Diesel A/T and will likely be a little upmarket as well. Assuming the BRV will only be manual or at best petrol A/T and possibly a bit more compact, it should be at least 6 lakhs below comparable Innova variants IMO (on road price). On road prices should be pegged to below 15 - 16 lakhs IMO for top of line Diesel or petrol A/T BRV.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th August 2015 at 10:56.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:01   #130
BHPian

From volkman10's photos, the tyres look like City's undertyred 175mm width ones . If Honda resorts to cost cutting in a vehicle which would cost similar to the Creta, it would most probably join the Mobilio in the stock(grave)yard. The Brio steering wheel is a strict no-no. Auto Expo 2016 should give us the true answer.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 11:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

The interior still looks cheap and narrow I dont think they have spent much money or time designing (?) this. Not sure if its the Indian Honda or global one that is reacting to the market without much focus.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:06   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Honda wants to create a Vezel like SUV through the Brio platform to keep the prices down. I just hope cost-cutting is not apparent to this product.
Cost-cutting should be the prime driver for this product right? And going by the recent trend, they will make it premium by adding chrome all around. The Vezel at around S-Cross 1.6 price range would have been ideal.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 11:13   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
To compete with Ecosport, BR-V should have been sub-4m. This is a >4m car which is also a 7 seater. No way it will have prices competing with Ecosport - there might be an overlap between the topend Ecosport and base BR-V but definitely not a direct competitor.

I am sure Honda is targeting the XUV market with this car. If the prices are similar to Creta and this offers 2 extra seats, people might see this as a VFM product. Moreover this will mean, BR-V is a couple of lakhs cheaper than XUV. End of the day, XUV is bigger and more powerful but Honda will try to give a decent fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
From volkman10's photos, the tyres look like City's undertyred 175mm width ones. If Honda resorts to cost cutting in a vehicle which would cost similar to the Creta, it would most probably join the Mobilio in the stock(grave)yard. The Brio steering wheel is a strict no-no. Auto Expo 2016 should give us the true answer.
I don't think BR-V will come with 175 R15 tires. Mobilio itself gets 185 R15. So no way a more expensive car with the same size and capacity get smaller tires. It might get the same size as Mobilio or bigger section. Have to wait and see.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 11:14   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Cost-cutting should be the prime driver for this product right? And going by the recent trend, they will make it premium by adding chrome all around. The Vezel at around S-Cross 1.6 price range would have been ideal.
Cost cuting should have been more by sub-4m like ideas rather than bad quality of build. If that continues and it tries to match S Cross, Creta, then it will set a very bad precedent. I hope we dont see that trend.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

BR-V is unveiled at the Indonasia Auto Show

http://paultan.org/2015/08/20/giias-...at-suv-debuts/
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks