Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Please merge this post to any ongoing discussion if it is appropriate.

I saw an advertisement in Deccan Herald, dated 27/12/2013 by Hyundai. They have opened a new outlet selling Hyundai Genuine Parts for over the counter customers. This outlet is managed by Advaith Hyundai along with the official spare parts distributor Mobis.

It is located at:

Advaith Mobis,
227, Whitefield Main Road, Hope Farm circle, Whitefield, Bangalore - 560066
Ph no. 08022976375, 9902098855, 9900072435, 8861003627

AFAIK, this is a fresh initiative and as per the advertisement this is the first dealer for entire Karnataka. Think this is a good news for those owners who did not want to visit the ASC for service or were not able to obtain spares OTC. Hope our members also benefit out of this initiative, especially the DIY fellows.
I have a need for a Left side driveshaft for Hyundai XG AT, and on enquiry was told that the price is Rs.26,000/- or so whereas in comparison the same part for a manual transmission is Rs.6,000/-. Being an engineer by profession, I fail to understand the pricing policy of M/s Hyundai for the exorbitant difference in the pricing for a part which at best could be only a few centimeters different in length and even that would be only in the straight central part and not in the CV Joint itself, all other design parameters being same for the torque transmitted as there is no variation in the engine output.
Would any enlightened enthusiasts care to respond to my observations?
Karadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:14   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
I have a need for a Left side driveshaft for Hyundai XG AT, and on enquiry was told that the price is Rs.26,000/- or so whereas in comparison the same part for a manual transmission is Rs.6,000/-. Being an engineer by profession, I fail to understand the pricing policy of M/s Hyundai for the exorbitant difference in the pricing for a part which at best could be only a few centimeters different in length and even that would be only in the straight central part and not in the CV Joint itself, all other design parameters being same for the torque transmitted as there is no variation in the engine output.
Would any enlightened enthusiasts care to respond to my observations?
Guess most probably the driveshaft for the AT is imported while the manual variant is locally produced. Since the production volumes of ATs were low back then, I think Hyundai just imported the part along with the transmission.
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guess most probably the driveshaft for the AT is imported while the manual variant is locally produced. Since the production volumes of ATs were low back then, I think Hyundai just imported the part along with the transmission.
Sir my car is a 2003 model and if I am being quoted a price in 2014 for an imported part it is ridiculous as it should have been locally developed by now, which should be no difficulty absolutely as the total assembled length alone can be the only variable. It is sheer indifference to the customer on the part of the Hyundai organisation.
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
Sir my car is a 2003 model and if I am being quoted a price in 2014 for an imported part it is ridiculous as it should have been locally developed by now, which should be no difficulty absolutely as the total assembled length alone can be the only variable. It is sheer indifference to the customer on the part of the Hyundai organisation.
Even I was looking for a drive shaft for my Sonata Embera 2007, on inquiry through Mobis the cost came out to be INR 22,000/- . Now I am getting the same thing for INR 7,000/- from Kashmiri gate , Delhi! You can try it out if you know someone in that part of country!
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Even I was looking for a drive shaft for my Sonata Embera 2007, on inquiry through Mobis the cost came out to be INR 22,000/- . Now I am getting the same thing for INR 7,000/- from Kashmiri gate , Delhi! You can try it out if you know someone in that part of country!
Hooray! I think TEAM-BHP.COM makes a definite impact on Hyundai.
The person to who I had spoken to while inquiring and also protesting about the unfairness of the pricing of the replacements had taken the registration number of my car and my mobile number, and just now I was very pleasantly surprised to hear from Advaith Mobis that the part I require is priced at about Rs.6815/- all inclusive but will take a week to reach from Chennai.
Thanks to both Team-BHP and Advaith Mobis for the response generated !
Karadi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:49   #36
BHPian

Wow! Now feel left out! Can you pass me the number of the person who gave you the lesser quote so I can also re verify the pricing for the part I am looking for!
Old 25th July 2014, 00:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Wow! Now feel left out! Can you pass me the number of the person who gave you the lesser quote so I can also re verify the pricing for the part I am looking for!
Advaith Mobis (Bangalore) 080 2297 6375.
Karadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 07:07   #38
BHPian

Had been here yesterday to pick up a clutch for my 2006 Elantra.

Called up the main dealers first (Advaith and Tident) and both said I would have to place an order and it would take 3-4 days for it to arrive from Chennai. Called up Advaith Mobis and they had ready stock. I was already impressed!

The set-up follows a warehouse model, is very very huge and reminds one of a big US type auto parts stockist. They stock everything, from small gaskets and wires, to entire bumper assys. They had my cIutch parts ready and billed in just 5 minutes. I then asked about 2-3 other parts which they didn't have in stock, but could order for me. I asked if it were possible to pay an advance (like how we do at dealer ASS centres) and they provided me a printout of their bank account details. One negative is they only accept cash so do carry cash when you are going there.

I came back mighty impressed. Its a great start and I think one thing going in its favour is the Advaith partnership. Advaith seems to be paying enough attention to this, with 4-5 personnel staffing the place. It might have been difficult for Mobis to have gone it alone. This way, what Advaith loses from its ASS centres, it makes up through this channel.

All in all

Last edited by carZest : 25th July 2014 at 07:08. Reason: typo
carZest is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 13:46   #39
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
The set-up follows a warehouse model, is very very huge and reminds one of a big US type auto parts stockist. They stock everything, from small gaskets and wires, to entire bumper assys. They had my cIutch parts ready and billed in just 5 minutes. I then asked about 2-3 other parts which they didn't have in stock, but could order for me.
That is just fantastic to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience!

This is exactly what Hyundai need to do to consolidate their healthy position. They have been in the market for a long time now, and their cars are known to last long. There is no reason why Hyundai owners should stick to H.A.S.S. for out-of-warranty cars, having to cough up (relatively) sizable amounts for getting their cars serviced. Good multi-brand service providers and even competent friendly neighbourhood garages can do an equally good (or even better) job than the H.A.S.S. for cars that are out of the warranty period. The only thing that was holding them back till now, was the availability of genuine spares.

This is all set to change with this spare parts distributorship model. Hyundai need to increase the number of such outlets to cover the entire country as soon as possible, and have at least one in every Tier-1 and Tier-2 city, if not more. Some H.A.S.S. do sell genuine parts over-the-counter already, and they would do well by taking up this Mobis genuine parts distributorship. This certainly requires lower investment (equipment, labour & utility expenses) than opening another service branch.

I hope all other manufacturers (who don't sell genuine parts in the open market) adopt a similar model, including the ones that are known to do everything they can to stifle genuine parts availability to independent garages (& individual owners).

Last edited by RSR : 25th July 2014 at 13:48.
Old 26th July 2014, 20:48   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Excellent move by Hyundai. It will improve the resale of the premium models as they can now be repaired with genuine parts outside the dealership.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 09:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

There's an authorized Advaith Mobis in Kammanahalli, Banaswadi. Very friendly owner, and knowledgeable.

Excel Automobiles, #5, Vijay Complex
Kammanahalli Main Road, Bangalore
Phone: 080 40969254, 25424196
Mobile: 96321 84835

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-hyundai-mobis-excel-autos-khalli.jpg

This is below Bata, in the building opposite Nandana Palace restaurant/hotel, and very close to the Hotel Empire signal. You will have to park on a side-street off the Kammanahalli Main Road, or else park on the street that has Empire Hotel and walk.

I picked up an oil filter, engine air filter, and door handles for my 2006 Getz from here over the counter. Pretty impressive. I wasn't able to get a cabin air filter immediately, but he said he can have it brought over from the Whitefield branch.

I wasn't looking forward to going all the way to Whitefield for these items, so I'm pleased that this place is within walking distance from my house

Apparently, Hyundai has authorized 3 outlets recently (in addition to their primary one at Hope Farm Circle, Whitefield): this one in Kammanahalli, the second on JC Road and the third in Rajaji Nagar. I don't have the addresses of those two places.

Last edited by Zappo : 22nd September 2016 at 16:47. Reason: Thanks... edited per request.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 10:01   #42
BHPian

Are there similar stores in Mumbai. I couldn't find anything in Mumbai. Any help appreciated
Old 20th September 2014, 10:22   #43
BANNED

Interesting but yet to see anything like this, Hyundai spare parts over the counter, in and around Delhi/NCR. Would appreciate information here please.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:25   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
There's an authorized Advaith Mobis in Kammanahalli, Banaswadi. Very friendly owner, and knowledgeable.

Excel Automobiles, #5, Vijay Complex
Kammanahalli Main Road, Bangalore
Phone: 080 40969254, 25424196
Mobile: 96321 84835

Attachment 1289698

This is below Bata, in the building opposite Nandana Palace restaurant/hotel, and very close to the Hotel Empire signal. You will have to park on a side-street off the Kammanahalli Main Road, or else park on the street that has Empire Hotel and walk.

I picked up an oil filter, engine air filter, and door handles for my 2006 Getz from here over the counter. Pretty impressive. I wasn't able to get a cabin air filter immediately, but he said he can have it brought over from the Whitefield branch.

I wasn't looking forward to going all the way to Whitefield for these items, so I'm pleased that this place is within walking distance from my house

Apparently, Hyundai has authorized 3 outlets recently (in addition to their primary one at Hope Farm Circle, Whitefield): this one in Kammanahalli, the second on JC Road and the third in Rajaji Nagar. I don't have the addresses of those two places.

I've put up a new thread in the Bangalore directory to help track this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Can you please find out the address or contact number of the outlet in Rajajinagar? Would be of great help to me
Old 19th January 2015, 13:44   #45
BHPian

Advaith Mobis

No.227, White Field Main Road, Hope Farm Circle, Whitefield, Bangalore - 560066

+(91)-8861003627, 9900072435, 9902098855

+(91)-80-22976375, 22976376

Most Viewed