Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2015, 15:32   #46
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Mobis parts distributors - now in more cities!

It looks like Hyundai & Mobis have been working on establishing spare parts distributorships in other parts of the country as well, without much publicity. According to the Mobis executive in this video, they already have genuine parts distributors in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Gujarat, Punjab and West Bengal.

The distributor in Hyderabad is Talwar Mobis (link to press report).

For Amritsar, the distributor is Novelty Mobis:

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-image.jpg

I hope plenty of other cities also get Hyundai Mobis genuine parts distributors very soon!

Last edited by RSR : 13th February 2015 at 15:41.
Old 13th February 2015, 17:02   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS

I doubt how effective this arrangement will be in either making critical parts available openly or in bringing in some sanity in prices. Note how each of the distributor is the same dealer again with a Mobis name attached in the end.

I will not be surprised if we often find that most of the critical parts are out of stock in the market but one can take the car to the dealer's A.S.S. and get the work done. Ditto for prices. Many of the parts are sold above the MRP by the dealers. Case in point being M&M and its accessories. If the accessory is marked at 8000 MRP the dealers sell it for Rs.12000. This kind of cartelization can break only when parts and genuine accessories are sold freely in the open markets.

If the idea was to serve a cause Hyundai should have ensured that the parts distributorship is given out to those who have no other direct Hyundai connection (at least don't own a car dealership). Anything short of that is simply an attempt to workaround the SC strictures passed some time back around the parts scarcity or unavailability in and overcharging by many car manufacturers.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 16:01   #48
BANNED

I have two queries or should i say i need help.

A) I own a hyundai getz gle 2007 model. it was running very fine with 49K on the Odo. But recently a problem occurred, while coming down the hill suddenly i lost the brakes. The brakes were not working for almost 4 km and i managed it with the smaller gears.

Somehow i managed to take the vehicle to ASS. They said the the ISA (Idle Speed Actuator) is ruptured. The ASS is asking 12K for the replacement and not sure about the time he will take as the part is no more manufactured here in India.

My question is:
1. is the price quoted genuine?
2. Can i get this part in the local market. If yes please suggest me the address (anywhere in India + phone no)

B) With the age the Center Dashboard has also broken for the getz. I also want to replace the dashboard fascia for Getz GLE. Any local dealer for the same if can be suggested.

Any body have any idea for the same
Old 1st July 2015, 13:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0904 View Post
They said the the ISA (Idle Speed Actuator) is ruptured. The ASS is asking 12K for the replacement and not sure about the time he will take as the part is no more manufactured here in India.

My question is:
1. is the price quoted genuine?

Any body have any idea for the same
I was quoted 11K for Santro Xing ISA. Hence, price quoted for Getz seems to be OK.

Thanks.
Old 9th August 2015, 16:43   #50
BHPian

Had a pretty good experience at Advaith Mobis at whitefield. Had gone there to get myself a quarter glass for my getz. It's located right after the Hope-Farm circe signal coming from ITPL side with a big board and a big warehouse. All in all, it took 10-15 minutes and the staff is courteous and despite having a non air-conditioned waiting area, I was made to wait in their office which is nicely cool . I'm pretty satisfied with my overall experience and would definitely recommend Hyundai owners to at least check this place out. Prices are pretty normal and I couldn't find anything overly expensive. Only thing I didn't like was the distance from my place( 24 Km one-way, Ouch!!) but very convenient for people living near the ITPL area.

MODS:The pictures were upright but uploaded weirdly, can't seem to correct them. Please make the necessary changes.

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-img_1488.jpg

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-img_1487.jpg

Last edited by createrkid : 9th August 2015 at 16:50.
createrkid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Why has Hyundai still not started selling over the counter in other states ? I have come to know that they have stopped supplying to 99rpm also.

Guess they paid off the right people at the anti-competitive commission to let them of the hook. So much for slapping a fine on Hyundai
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:07   #52
BHPian

Is there any website which states the citywise location of Mobis dealers. The hyundai website directly takes you to Korea without a VISA. I have a feeling that they dont want to popularise this, hence the lack of information.
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:56   #53
BHPian

The Indian website is http://www.mobisindia.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Is there any website which states the citywise location of Mobis dealers. The hyundai website directly takes you to Korea without a VISA. I have a feeling that they dont want to popularise this, hence the lack of information.
Old 10th October 2015, 09:57   #54
BHPian

I have a 8.5 years old Santro Xing (2007) with current Odo reading 1,14,300. There are a few things that need to be replaced in the car.

I asked for cost at HASS as well as at a small service center opened by an HP outlet here in Dwarka, Delhi. HP outlet only replace the parts but I will have to get the parts myself that I can get from Hyundai Genuine Spare (HGS) parts shop locally.

Here is the comparison of what HASS quoted me and what will be the net cost at HP outlet (with labor plus parts).

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-price-list.png

Of course it is way cheaper (13,500 vs 8,500) if I get it done outside than HASS but I got another option and that's what I am confused about.

The labor charges at HASS and HP outlet are more or less similar. The real difference in cost is due to buying spare parts from outside. When I went to the HGS shop and told him how costlier it is at HASS, he said that labor cost for changing all these parts costs not more than 1500 bucks. I told him HP outlet is charging me 3500 for the same. He called up a guy from the next door garage (this area has many FNGs) and asked him how much he will charge. This guy said 1400. So, Net Cost (Labor+parts) will be only 1400+5100=6500. This saves me another 2K in labor charges alone.

But I have one hesitation. Someone told me that timing belt needs replacement very carefully else engine may get damaged and only HASS should do this. Is it really so? Can't these guys in local garages be trusted for changing the Timing belt. Is my concern worthwhile? The total I will spend in this FNG will be 50% of what HASS would charge.

I thought of also buying spare parts from outside but then thought to go ahead with HGS as I don't want to take any risk for saving a few hundred bucks. And I don't know any other shop from where I can get good spare parts.

It would be great to get a quick turnaround from you guys out there regarding whether to go ahead with FNG. Planning to get this done tomorrow.

Mods: If this is not the right thread to ask this query, please do move it to the right one.
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 13:12   #55
BANNED

IMHO Hyundai Santro engine is a simple SOHC engine. Changing a timing belt and clutch assembly is not a complicated task. Also remember hundred thousands of Maruthi vehicles are repaired and Serviced by these FNG all around the country. Please go to a good garage and do the work. But only one word of advice, please make sure that these guys actually change the parts.
Old 10th October 2015, 13:35   #56
BHPian

Well I am right now at this local garage. Waiting for my car to be worked on. Absolutely. The parts will be bought by me from the HGS shop which is adjacent to this garage and part will be replaced in front of me. Thats another reason for not getting it done at HASS. No visibility of what they do inside their centers. Will post my experience once I am free from here by evening.
Old 10th October 2015, 18:44   #57
BHPian

Finally, after 4 hours it is done.

The FNG guy checked the problem areas - clutch, timing belt and brakes - and said:

1. Timing belt is not damaged and still looks OK but lets replace it as preventive maintenance
2. Timing Tensioner need not be replaced.
3. Fan belt and Alternator belt in good condition. No need to replace.
4. Front Brake pads need replacement
5. Clutch needs replacement - clutch plates, pressure plates, bearings and cable.

I went there with the mindset that Tensioner will be replaced as HASS guys told me it should be replaced. So, I asked the FNG guy to see again if this needs replacement as I have come prepared for that. He said not required. So, I invested that money in tailgate shockers as those were not working for last couple of years . I thought this is the time to do something about that as well.

I bought all the required stuff from HGSP shop adjacent to the FNG and got everything replaced in front of my eyes. Here are the details:

Clutch plates+Pressure Plates = 1720
Clutch bearings= 550
Clutch Cable = 430
Front Brake pads = 1300
Timing Belt = 580
Tailgate (Dicky) Shockers = 980 (490 each)
Total = 5560 (incl. tax)

The young guys at the FNG did cool job and I don't think I can complain about anything. They knew what they were doing. FNG charged me 1400.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The net amount I had to shell out = 5560+1400 = 6960
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Question:

After changing the clutch set now I am confused whether it is supposed to be like this.
Before change, I had to literally put all the effort to press the clutch.
After change, I just think about pressing it and place my foot on the clutch pedal and the pedal is at the bottom in no time. Effortless!
Is it normal??? Tell me ...
Old 10th October 2015, 19:06   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
I have a 8.5 years old Santro Xing (2007) with current Odo reading 1,14,300.
Quote:
1. Timing belt is not damaged and still looks OK but lets replace it as preventive maintenance
2. Timing Tensioner need not be replaced.
3. Fan belt and Alternator belt in good condition. No need to replace.
Firstly, let me warn you that I'm not an expert in maintaining high-mileage cars, so this is just based on stuff I've read. It would be good to corroborate my statements with others on the forum who've got high-mileage cars.

But, typically when the timing belt is changed (around the 80k - 1 lakh kms mark, for our driving conditions), the A.S.S. will also change the tensioner, and the other belts (alternator, AC compressor) also. Historically, people also used this opportunity to change the water pump, although it appears that such a replacement is not required as much.

At the very least, I'd have insisted on changing the tensioner - the timing belt and tensioner are two parts of a single component, so best to replace them together.

Part of the reason is practicality - its easier to change these items at the same time, and set up the timings correctly. The reason for changing other belts at the same time is because all these belts are of broadly similar construction, so they experience similar ageing and wear-and-tear.

In my Getz, I'd changed the timing belt & tensioner, alternator belt and power-steering pump belt (mine is a HPS) at the same time.
Old 10th October 2015, 20:37   #59
BHPian

Although I agree with you @arun but I read somewhere on this forum itself that its not necessary to replace the other belts if they are in fine condition. And I saw the belts myself and checked thoroughly. And those were actually fine. But now that you have put me in doubt I will get these replaced in next service. As far as tensioner is concerned I am not sure why it must be replaced if not required. I went to the HGSP shop too and asked him if people normally change it along with timing belt and he said ASS has to make money so they replace it even if not required. If he was lying then he himself lost business as belt cost was 580 and tensioner cost was 1500. Why would he give this statement? And after opening all the stuff why would the FNG guy not replace the tensioner. Afterall I had to pay for it and when I told him I have come prepared for that so he could have said yes easily. But he didnt and I am not able find a reason why would he do that. But I do get your point of practicality but as mentioned above I dont know why two different guys say same thing and lose business.
Old 10th October 2015, 22:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before change, I had to literally put all the effort to press the clutch.
After change, I just think about pressing it and place my foot on the clutch pedal and the pedal is at the bottom in no time. Effortless!
Is it normal??? Tell me ...
Maybe they forgot to put the clutch spring or maybe it's just your mind playing tricks since earlier the clutch was very hard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks