Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 22:38   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Maybe they forgot to put the clutch spring or maybe it's just your mind playing tricks since earlier the clutch was very hard.
I drove 2 KM from garage to my home. Except butter smooth clutch, I didn't find anything wrong in driving as such. I was able to reverse it nicely as well and gear shifting also was not a problem. Is it all possible if clutch spring is missing?

I will take it out for a small drive in the morning again and see if it is my mind or if there is really something wrong.

I actually had a small test drive near garage and asked that FNG guy why is it so. He said this is normal with a new clutch. But what can one do with this human mind. It is not comfortable either ways!
Old 11th October 2015, 21:42   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post

When I went to the HGS shop and told him how costlier it is at HASS, he said that labor cost for changing all these parts costs not more than 1500 bucks. I told him HP outlet is charging me 3500 for the same. He called up a guy from the next door garage (this area has many FNGs) and asked him how much he will charge.

Hi. Where is this HGS shop in Delhi (guessing from your location). Can you type in the address for Delhi folks?
Old 11th October 2015, 23:02   #63
BHPian

@Faramir: As in "Lord of the Rings"??

Well third shop is in sector 7 in Dwarka, Delhi. Brahma Apartment is the biggest landmark I can give you and this shop is adjacent to the Maruti Genuine part shop as well. This place is an extension of the Palam area.

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2019 at 08:00. Reason: Typos
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:38   #64

I have heard a lot about Hyundai Mobis and their ambitious plan to start off the counter parts dealership in different parts of the country. However the ground reality as it stands today is that Hyundai have only managed to set up their genuine spare parts dealership in metro cities and tier two and below cities are completely left out.

I own a Hyundai Grand i10 diesel and am done with the warranty period. I was not very satisfied with the quality of work done at the Hyundai authorised service center in my city (Mangalore) but had no other option because the car was under warranty and there is no other HASS nearby. I have completed 40k kms and the car is due for its 4th paid service which I plan to do at my neighborhood garage. The only problem I faced us the unavailability of genuine Hyundai Mobis spare parts.

Auto shops do have replacement parts but not genuine Hyundai & quality of the part is usually a suspect.

I have sent at least ten emails to Hyundai Mobis and even called tgem regarding details of the authorised dealer for hyundai genuine parts in Mangalore but have not received any response. Hyundai Mobis India does not even have a properly designed website that lists their authorized spare parts dealers in different cities.
In comparison Maruti Suzuki's Genuine parts website is much better with complete listing of various dealers in different cities.

The worst part is that even though most of the Hyundai Mobis dealership's are owned by Hyundai dealers who have Authorized Service Centers, the dealers dont sell parts over the counter unlike Toyota. As of now the only info that I have from the Hyundai dealer in my city is that the authorized Hyundai Mobis dealership is in Bangalore which is owned by them and there is no authorized Hyundai Mobis distributor in my city (Mangalore). The dealer also sources the parts from Bangalore which is 380 kms from my place. It just doesn't make sense for a Hyundai car owner in a small city to travel to a metro just to source parts.

All in all, the move by Hyundai to sell parts over the counter is just gimmick and is valid only for the metros where they have set up dealerships that too only after being fined 420 crore Rs by the Competition Commission of India (CCI). The monopoly of the parts business in case of Hyundai is still in the hands of the authorised Hyundai dealer in different cities & with unavailability of genuine Hyundai parts off the counter in smaller cities, a customer really has no other choice but to visit the Hyundai Authorised Service Station (HASS), which includes paying exorbitantly high labour rates by default.

In my honest opinion, its been three full years since the start of off the counter spares sale by Mobis & Hyundai has a long, long way to go in terms of genuine part availability in smaller tier 2 cities and below. They are no way as close to Maruti Suzuki as far as off the counter parts distribution goes.

A simple measure by Hyundai off selling parts through their dealership neteork already present in small towns would go a long way in saving costs both for Hyundai and the customers as it would not entail costs required to set up additional Hyundai Mobis exclusive dealer networks.

If Toyota, Fiat,Tata can sell parts at tgeir dealership off the counter, then it should not be much off a trouble for Hyundai to do the same, but unfortunately it looks like they will not do it any time soon. Till then, monopoly of Hyundai Authorized Service centre continues for those living in small towns.
thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 05:36   #65
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai's 17th spare parts dealer (Lakshmi Mobis) inaugurated in Vijayawada

Quote:
The warehouse spread across 10,000 square feet was set up at Enikepadu, said Group Head for Sales and Marketing P S Bhumak.

Addressing the media here on Friday, Bhumak said that they are foraying into the tier two cities across the country.
Source & more: The Hans India

Spare parts dealer for Coimbatore is GRG Mobis, Papanaickenpalayam:

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-screenshot_20160321054435.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 21st March 2016 at 05:52.
Old 29th March 2016, 09:40   #66
BHPian

Visited the Mobis site to check where all they have their stores.
Was appalled to see the map of India displayed on their website. Out of proportion with glaring mistakes. Come on Hyundai

Hyundai begins Over-The-Counter sale of spare parts, through MOBIS-mobis-map.jpg
Old 30th March 2016, 11:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Visited the Mobis site to check where all they have their stores.
Was appalled to see the map of India displayed on their website. Out of proportion with glaring mistakes. Come on Hyundai
Sad, more like a cartoon, Probably this is how its looks like from Korea. It's time that there should be a legal & central policy for such artifacts as it should not be according to anyone's whims.
Old 10th February 2019, 10:04   #68
BHPian

Does anyone know where to buy genuine parts for hyundai in gurgaon? The mobis website is pretty useless.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 09:30   #69
BHPian

There is a Hyundai Mobis outlet near park circus in Kolkata on AJC Bose road. Has anyone purchased spares from there and fitted by self and or by a reliable mechanic outside the authorised service centre?

I am wondering about this as in recent times the cost of service for my 12 th year Hyundai Getz Prime has shoot up not only for higher cost of spares due to car being a phased out model but also due to increasing labour costs . For example in a service of 30,000 rupees I see 12-15,000 as labour cost and this is the usual proportion hence wondering.
Old 13th May 2019, 22:16   #70
BHPian

Hi, Sightly Off-Topic,can anyone please let me know if there is any online store or retailer that sells Hyundai spare parts of even latest cars. Just wanted to know if it is possible to get some OEM parts of the new Santro for DIY projects in the future. Couldn't find Santro on Boodmo myself so just enquired.

Mods please move to the right thread if this is the wrong thread to post.
Old 20th May 2019, 22:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Just wanted to know if it is possible to get some OEM parts of the new Santro for DIY projects in the future. Couldn't find Santro on Boodmo myself so just enquired.
Boodmo Hyundai Santro
Scroll down and you will see the 2018 Santro.
Old 2nd October 2019, 17:52   #72
BHPian

Hyundai Mobis has opened their own website.

I am not sure if this was there before. I am seeing it for the first time. Includes accessories and their price list, also part numbers too. There isn't an option to purchase it online but will redirect you to the nearest Mobis dealer.

http://hyundaimobisin.com/

Hope they start online sales as well!

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 2nd October 2019 at 17:55.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks