Team-BHP - Rumour: Suzuki’s Hustler may be headed to India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour: Suzuki’s Hustler may be headed to India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/146073-rumour-suzuki-s-hustler-may-headed-india.html)

RC Bhargava chairman of Maruti Suzuki said, "You should expect something interesting in the Auto Expo." Is Hustler one of them to attract the Urban market?

Suzuki Motor Corporation has recently unveiled its mini car called Hustler at the Tokyo Motor Show. The mini car, along with its coupe version was showcased at the event and the company officials gave a hint that these models will soon be making way to India.

Rumour: Suzuki’s Hustler may be headed to India-marutisuzukiyl1leftfrontthreequarter23145_l.jpg

Quote:

Suzuki Hustler is incorporated with modern technology. The standard and coupe versions of this car are equipped with a 658 cc 3-cylinder engine. Both the models are 3,395 mm long, 1,475 mm wide and have a good ground clearance. Exterior of this mini car are provided with Sports utility Vehicle (SUV) look and interiors are designed commodious for the utmost comfort of passengers. The only difference between the two versions seems to be the dipping roofline of the coupe. Apart from that, the duo even share the same wheelbase of 2,425 mm with the same overall weight of 790 kg.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...et-122710.html

A very good news, If this car, as evident from the pictures is launched in India, this will help Maruti Suzuki to refresh its existing portfolio which has not seen an innovative and new in line product for quite some time now.

Maruti has been constantly riding on the success of Swift and Dezire for a long time and with the rivals like Hyundai coming up with more and more refreshed products it may lead to some dent in the sales of the exiting portfolio.

A new product is very much required than the regular upgrades. New Launces, like the YL1, YL7 and this car will bring more excitement among car enthusiasts and would step up competition further.

An interesting news but somehow the looks of the Hustler does not go down well under the throat and yes IMO does not have any of those mini SUV looks either!

Our country is a typcial European (read fluidic looking etc) looks market and any retro design does not cut much ice in the minds of the customer (read Micra etc) to a large extent.

The looks of the car are debatable, but they better change that name before launching it to avoid the Skoda'esque faux pass.

Is the engine (<700cc) turbo charged?

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 3331258)
An interesting news but somehow the looks of the Hustler does not go down well under the throat and yes IMO does not have any of those mini SUV looks either!

Our country is a typcial European (read fluidic looking etc) looks market and any retro design does not cut much ice in the minds of the customer (read Micra etc) to a large extent.

Absolutely!:) This one is rather chunky looking and may not be too appealing to most folk in India. Somehow the name Hustler brings to mind a conman.:D Loved the Paul Newman movie though.

Is this the Maruti Suzuki rival for the Hyundai Ray which is also likely to hit the Indian roads. Both look like siblings. Re-posting a picture from the Hyundai Ray, the Santro replacement thread.

I am not sure if this is what Maruti Chairman had in mind when he mentioned about 'Something interesting'. If this product is launched it will be limited only to few initial bookings only I guess, almost on same line as Stingray.
The interesting launch he mentioned in my opinion should be Yl1 / Y7 models.

I for one, like the Hustler's design, it looks especially in that blue and white like a car derived of the Toyota FJCruiser. I am not sure it would sell in India, especially with the name like Hustler :D

Well it's a funky looking weird little car. I'm not sure how the market will respond to this. But it would be good to see a different looking car and that too from Maruti. Might even see some success in the metros.

IMO, this Hustler is just a glorified version of the Alto Lapin sold in Japan, added with some SUV'ish elements. It is just a Kei car with very narrow width like WR. But, as it looks much different from other small cars, it will sell in India.

I doubt this car will ever make it to India. It's a kei car like many others in the Suzuki line up,which is developed specifically for JDM.
It would be difficult for Suzuki to price it competitively as they would not get the special benefits in India like they do in Japan

Also, the looks might not go down well with the Indian public.
They might showcase it in the Auto Expo to create some chatter among the visitors but it is highly unlikely that they would launch this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 3331259)
Is the engine (<700cc) turbo charged?

There are 2 variants for the engine-one is NA while the other is turbocharged.

Eeewoo, seriously ? They will lunch it here. Obviously they are taking their competition with Hyundai to a different level, one brings the most good looking cars where the other, well, brings this :deadhorse.

It will sell in India as all "S" sells in India. If they could sell Estilo here, then this will be nothing.

As Maruti knows our market very well, I have a feeling that, they will not bring the turbocharged version here, instead a non turbocharged version with price range similar to alto will do the math.

Doesn't the front look like mini cooper or its just me?

I was seriously thinking NOT to waste my time on this car's discussion, but just could NOT stop to respond.

On the Santro replacement thread, I had mentioned Kia taking the crown for the dirty tall boy design; now Suzuki grabs that title back shamelessly!! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 3331473)
Doesn't the front look like mini cooper or its just me?

Front looks like a mini cooper and side looks like a mini Hummer!

I am getting the feeling that such news are sheer rumors cooked up by bored writers, with no backing of any strong information. Same with Santro replacement, same here. Shouldn't we demand for a proof (or have a great amount of faith in the news) before jumping to discuss matters that will hardly ever materialize?

There should be a sub-forum - Rumors/hearsay - for such imaginative reports. See the quoted part:

Quote:

RC Bhargava chairman of Maruti Suzuki said, "You should expect something interesting in the Auto Expo." Is Hustler one of them to attract the Urban market?
Why can it only mean possible launch Hustler? He said to expect something interesting. Why not bollywood dance of Hritik and Katrina on top of all Maruti models? That would surely be interesting :D