Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 07:34   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT laun

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think Maruti started giving a cold shoulder after team-bhp's review of the new gen (current) Swift and highlighting the brake issues in L & V variants.
Like I mentioned, both Ertiga and Alto came much after the Swift. And we got official review for both of them just after the respective cars were launched. However, I just rechecked the reviews and I can't find the disclaimer in both. Interesting!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 10:47   #482
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti to offer Automated Manual ("EZdrive") in small cars*EDIT: Celerio AMT laun

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Maruti's real test will come when the hype of the AMT comes down. If you take out the AMT, the manual variant is clearly overpriced. A 1 liter engined car is priced on par with its 1.2 liter rivals. Hyundai Grand i10 looks far more attractive and futuristic, has much better features and interiors. I would be surprised if the manual variant manages to retain its initial momentum. Celerio is all about AMT and the ease of use in congested City traffic.
As far as manual is concerned, Maruti will start giving discounts on it and attract customers. Its MUL's old tactic. It attracts lots of customers.

As far as AMT is concerned, I am thinking in reverse way. I guess AMT to become more and more popular in India due to ever increasing traffic on Indian roads. People will prefer AMT as its not so costly like AT and is fuel efficient too. Real game will start when MUL launches Wagon R and Alto 800 with AMT as per the rumors. If they launches it, then I am sure they will have to work really hard to fulfill market demand
Old 27th March 2014, 11:09   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Okay. So what about someone who is looking for more features, more space and more power? Alto don't have Zxi version as its a budget small car. Celerio is for people who have little higher budget and wants more features with more power, space. Its like saying why one will buy City when Amaze has all features at less price or Xcent has all features then why one will buy Verna. Its about segment. Its about inside space. Its about power. Its about feel of owning higher segment car.
That was exactly my point!! The Celerio doesnt feel like a Next segment car. Even the Eon has a long list of features similar to the Celerio ZXi (O) variant, but that doesnt mean that the Eon belongs to the next segment. A city feels much better than the Amaze as soon as you step inside the car, the Celerio gives you the same feel as the Alto.
Old 27th March 2014, 11:20   #484
BHPian

We are still waiting for the Official Team-BHP review of the Celerio. Any plans for putting out an official review?
Old 27th March 2014, 12:03   #485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
We are still waiting for the Official Team-BHP review of the Celerio. Any plans for putting out an official review?
You surely haven't read the previous page. GTO has clearly explained the scenario.

I hope Maruti realises that there are people waiting for a team- Bhp review before buying the car.
Old 27th March 2014, 12:59   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
That was exactly my point!! The Celerio doesnt feel like a Next segment car. Even the Eon has a long list of features similar to the Celerio ZXi (O) variant, but that doesnt mean that the Eon belongs to the next segment. A city feels much better than the Amaze as soon as you step inside the car, the Celerio gives you the same feel as the Alto.
If you feel Celerio just as Alto, then its your own opinion. Nobody can change that. I felt it much better than Alto for sure on all aspects except the price
Old 27th March 2014, 23:42   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

Sorry for being picky, but since you asked, I don't think Team-BHP reviewed the Maruti Suzuki EECO. Was/is it a significant car? I believe so, for a significant number of buyers.

Well, since that you have mentioned about Eeco, I think even before going back that far, a much more recent launch, Hyundai Xcent is also missing in that list. Again, I'm also not being picky, but since GTO has asked, I went through that list and found this missing.
Old 28th March 2014, 06:01   #488
Senior - BHPian

Thai version of Celerio takes the CVT route..read on
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/t...tomatic-87706/
Old 28th March 2014, 08:47   #489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
Here are some pictures that I took from my Mobile today.
Congrats for the Celerio.

Man! This Blue colour is one the est i have seen on a car till now. I too fell in love with the blue colour when I was shopping for my Swift ZDi.

I didn't even have blue as a choice but fell in love the very moment I saw at MASS. A very nice, soothing colour from Maruti and I guess it is decently accepted by the market other than those regular colours.

It also give a unique look to the car and stand out in the crowd being a attention getter!

Anurag.
Old 28th March 2014, 17:37   #490
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Sorry for being picky, but since you asked, I don't think Team-BHP reviewed the Maruti Suzuki EECO.
Hi Misquitas, we deep-dived into Official Reviews reviewing each & every important car only in the last 2 - 3 years. The Eeco was launched before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Though late, we have the assurance that there will be an official review in-spite of all the obstacles.Hope this was conveyed a bit earlier which would have avoided the anxiety and confusion.
We didn't have a clue ourselves

Quote:
Yes, Datsun Go review was out within hours of launch.What I was hinting in that post was about the pre-release review of the GO
It's important to realise that a Team-BHP review takes 10X the time to prepare. A short & sweet review won't make the cut on this forum. Sometimes, if the time difference between the review being ready & actual car launch isn't much, we prefer to wait for the launch & pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Like I mentioned, both Ertiga and Alto came much after the Swift. And we got official review for both of them just after the respective cars were launched. However, I just rechecked the reviews and I can't find the disclaimer in both. Interesting!
It's because neither of them were part of a mega media drive where the manufacturer took care of travel arrangements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
I'd say 3rd or 4th week of April for the definitive Celerio review. Again, I understand its late, but better late than never, wot? Plus, an official review helps others for a minimum of 5 - 10 years (for as long as the car is on sale).

Quote:
I think even before going back that far, a much more recent launch, Hyundai Xcent is also missing in that list.
The media drives began only yesterday . Our review should be up by the 10th of April.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 17:57   #491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hyundai Xcent is also missing in that list. Again, I'm also not being picky, but since GTO has asked, I went through that list and found this missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The media drives began only yesterday . Our review should be up by the 10th of April.
Since I booked the car the very next day after launch, was checking every single automotive Indian website for a review of the Xcent. None of the magazines got hold of their cars earlier than yesterday.

Most of them had first impressions on their website yesterday by evening, and trust me- there was nothing informative in those reports except for a few pics. I'm glad team-Bhp didn't pull such such stunts after the media drive.

Waiting eagerly for our detailed review to come out- both for Celerio AMT as well as Xcent.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 20:11   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Celerio Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion on the review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's important to realise that a Team-BHP review takes 10X the time to prepare. A short & sweet review won't make the cut on this forum. Sometimes, if the time difference between the review being ready & actual car launch isn't much, we prefer to wait for the launch & pricing

Thanks for these clarifications and appreciate the amount of effort that is put into each review. I was worried that manufacturers were trying to Push back team bhp because of your totally unbiased reviews. Most of the reviews that come out are very vague and in many cases seems biased. I don't understand how any new car seems to be the winner in any shoot out. Seems like subtle advertising. In addition some comparisons don't make sense to me. There was one between the datson go and wagon r. And the Datsun won!!

I do have a small grouse that you did not do an official drive of the vento tsi ( although agree that it is same as the polo tsi from a drive perspective and same as the regular vento from all other aspects) but your reviews typically throw up several small and significant things.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2014 at 10:34. Reason: Adding link to official review
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks