Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 19:59   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh

I am sorry, there was a typo in it, but even then a price difference of Rs. 30,000 is substantial.

When Mitsubishi considers that it does not have too many dealerships and is selling just a fraction of the number as its rival, a higher price is almost never going to cut it with customers.

Take for instance, a major city like Mumbai. After Metro Motors switched and the dealership at Atria Mall closed down, I haven't seen any Mitsubishi showroom in South Mumbai. Forget the budget and middle-of-the-road brands, even luxury brands like Rolls Royce Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, JLR, BMW and Audi have showrooms here. With vehicle costing over Rs. 20 lakh, Mitsubishi needs multiple showrooms in this area where affluent people stay.

Mitsubishi really needs to go on the offensive. It needs a whole range of products and it needs to win back the trust of its fans. I am one. I drive a Mitsu.

It had the best possible start with the Lancer and Pajero having a cult following when they were launched. The only challenger was Honda. What went wrong?
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 13:32   #32
BANNED

Re: Pajero Sport Automatic coming in 2014-2015 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 23.55 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I am sorry, there was a typo in it, but even then a price difference of Rs. 30,000 is substantial.
Really Aditya? Do you really mean it?
A price difference of around 1% is substantial for a 20 lac INR vehicle?

I wish I was allowed more smileys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Can some one tell me why has the torque been brought down from 400Nm to 350Nm?
This is the international specification for the 2wd AT. I think it is a measure to to increase fuel efficiency of the AT version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Mitsubishi sure has its work cut out catching up the Fortune with a higher price and sparse dealer network.
Yes that is indeed there.
It was announced that they plan to increase their dealerships from the current 31 to 48 by March 2015. A step in the right direction, if executed on time and effectively.

Last edited by n.devdath : 16th November 2014 at 13:53.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 14:16   #33
BHPian

One of my friend who is looking at this segment has shortlisted Fortuner AT and Pajero Sport AT and according to him that difference in price is negligible.

Why? According to him the interior look and feel and ride quality is far better in the Pajero Sport than in Fortuner (MT versions were test driven).

What worries him is the A.S.Service.

Coming back to the ATs; wow! paddle shifters!

The grille on this updated version looks better but somehow it still resembles to me as if someone is doing a 'namaskar' sort of. _/\_
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 15:49   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is the international specification for the 2wd AT. I think it is a measure to to increase fuel efficiency of the AT version.
Generally it is high bhp number that saps fuel efficiency. I suspect this is due to the reduced Torque bearing capacity of the AT gear box.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 15:51   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Generally it is high bhp number that saps fuel efficiency. I suspect this is due to the reduced Torque bearing capacity of the AT gear box.
While I tend to agree with you technically, the same AT box handles 440NM torque generated by the 3.2 in the Montero and the Pajero Sport in other countries/markets.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 23:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Talking about fuel efficiency, what would be the real world fuel efficiency of Pajero 4x2 AT
Old 17th November 2014, 09:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Mitsubishi Motors India has launched a two-wheel drive version of the Pajero Sport SUV with an automatic gearbox. It is positioned below the 4x4 manual variant and is priced at Rs. 23.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
I completely agree with Dev's observation. If you do the maths, 0.30 lakhs of price difference over a base price of 23.25 lakhs (the lower price of the two) is 1.3%. How is that 'significantly higher' as mentioned in the article? We do pride Team BHP in being unbiased, but this statement does seem a bit unduly enthusiastic, in my humblest opinion.

Edited later: I believe Aditya has already replied and laid the matter to rest. While I still don't agree that its significant, but it is a difference nevertheless.

Last edited by anshuman_v : 17th November 2014 at 09:39.
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 09:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Not a good sign here.

They should have gone aggressive with this launch, more so if the facts are correct that the same auto box is capably handling 440 Nm of torque, there is no reason to bring down the better tuned engine to a lower torque of 350 Nm.

They will have to make compelling reasons for the buyers to consider Pajero against the T-fort, which I doubt they have done?

With hardly any product choices, complete lack of commitment towards the Indian buyers, omni-absent (if I am allowed to use this word) dealership - why will people go for Pajero, just because of Brand - well I doubt !

Cheers
Old 17th November 2014, 09:37   #39
BHPian

I agree with people saying 30K is not a big deal for someone shopping in this class. But think about someone who is buying the car? Why would someone choose this car over Fortuner, which is selling like hot cakes and has the 'T' badge. I understand Pajero is a fantastic vehicle and was once popular, but I guess that's about it. If they wanted people to choose this one over Fortuner, they should have had a lower price tag, at least to being with. I imagine their sales people will have a very hard time convincing potential buyer.
Old 26th January 2016, 12:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Has it ever occurred to you to take over a wonderful but ailing auto maker and turn its fortunes around. Was it ever in your wishlist even when you were a child or a management student. Is there anything that this wonderful family of us TEAM BHPians could do to save another good brand from failing.
I always feel so and willing to do anything for MMC to save it and bring it to its actual potential.

One new update PS is now available with a Limited edition and Automatic variant now available with 4x4 too. Better late than never.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...9814&type=News
abhi.adrenaline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:14   #41

Limited Edition Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Launched at Rs 25.60 Lakhs

Mitsubishi is offering a limited-edition version of the Pajero Sport SUV at prices starting from Rs 25.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Available in manual and automatic guises, the SUV gets minor tweaks to the exterior to set it apart from the standard model.

The limited-run Pajero Sport gets the addition of chrome garnish, ‘titanium grey’ alloy wheels, 3D decals on the doors, sun-shade protectors and 'Limited Edition' badging on the exterior. The model also gets new colour options such as Golden Biege and Clove Brown and dual-tone colour options such as Blue & White, Black & White, Yellow & White, Red & White. The interiors, however, remain unchanged.

The car is still powered by the same 2.5-litre diesel engine as the standard model paired with a choice of a manual or automatic gearbox. The 4X4 Pajero Sport comes with a manual gearbox, while the 4X2 version gets the automatic transmisison.

SOURCE: Autocarindia
Admins Please post it in the suitable forum.
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
One new update PS is now available with a Limited edition and Automatic variant now available with 4x4 too. Better late than never.
Hi abhi,
I don't think the 4wd model is available in the automatic avatar. It does't mention so in the link you shared too. Or maybe i am missing something here.
Can you please elaborate ?
Old 4th March 2016, 21:14   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hi abhi,
I don't think the 4wd model is available in the automatic avatar.
I checked the Pajerosport.in website and also there was a Mitsubishi advertisement in the March 2016 autocar India, which said that 4x4 was available in manual transmission.
Old 4th March 2016, 21:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the Pajerosport.in website and also there was a Mitsubishi advertisement in the March 2016 autocar India, which said that 4x4 was available in manual transmission.
That was what exactly i was pointing to, that 4*4 is available in manual transmission but not in automatic transmission, i.e. 4*4 automatic like the recently launched fortuner.
Old 5th March 2016, 13:55   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
That was what exactly i was pointing to.
I know, I was agreeing with your comment and adding my two bits.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks