Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2014, 14:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! Tata Vista Tech caught doing the rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Motors Launches Vista Tech, Priced From Rs. 5.01 Lakhs ex Mumbai to 5.99 lakhs ex Delhi...
They'd launched Vista D90 at 5.99L IIRC. Which was just 20K more than the regular Vista back then.

So they've taken off the VGT, some features here & there and its back to its original 75bhp tune. (I'm assuming only the diesel version exists by now.)

This is a re-branded price cut! AND They've managed to kept the good stuff! VERY IMPRESSIVE that they retained the 6.5" Touchscreen music system & Navigation. But did they retain ABS for all variants?

Grand i10 OTR in Mumbai is 6L IIRC.

Does Swift start at 5L? IIRC its at 5.95 right?
GrammarNazi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 15:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Where are the redesigned tail lights?

One major grouse of the central instrument panel is addressed.

It would have been better if the rear lights are redesigned.

Earlier LS was the base model, followed by LX, VX and ZX.

It is now reported that LX is the base model, followed by LS and VX Tech. Is this an error in reporting or did the nomenclature change?

One more thing is, why is Tata persisting with the 1.4 TDI BS3 version even as they have the CR4 BS 4 engine with identical power and torque figures with better fuel efficiency to its credit? They should atleast provide the CR4 for BS 4 market.

The top end VX Tech is more affordable than the Swift with more features. The eCS is cheaper than the Swift and slightly pricier than the VX Tech. Manza CS (most probably with 75 ps; will it be called Manza Tech?) will be positioned above the ecs and the slighly above the Swift and below the Dzire

It is more likely that the Falcon series is going to be positioned above the Swift/ Dzire.

Last edited by simplyself : 21st January 2014 at 15:51.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Tata Vista Tech Launched today in Bangalore

Tata Vista Tech Launched today in Bangalore

The Vista Tech is the top end variant of the Tata Vista series and there is not significant changes to the engine or performance. However, creature comforts have been upgraded along with the fixing of the Manza dash and infotainment system.
  • Keyless Entry
  • Upgraded Suspension with Dual Part McPherson Strut
  • Upgraded clutch
  • Side impact beam & crumple zone

Price: Ex-showroom 6.12 Lakhs Bangalore.

Images credit: alltopfive.com

SCOOP! Tata Vista Tech caught doing the rounds-tata-vista-tech-nano-twister-launch1.jpg

SCOOP! Tata Vista Tech caught doing the rounds-tata-vista-tech-nano-twister-launch2.jpg
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 16:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

If this is the Vista Tech which is basically Vista only, then the car which was spied multiple times must be Falcon only with new tail lamps. If that is the case then i am hugely disappointed. I was expecting totally new car from Tata. It looks like more of a Vista only.

Is Vista Tech launched in diesel only? No petrol model with new engine they just launched? I am surprised here, can anybody confirm please??
Old 21st January 2014, 16:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If this is the Vista Tech which is basically Vista only, then the car which was spied multiple times must be Falcon only with new tail lamps. If that is the case then i am hugely disappointed. I was expecting totally new car from Tata. It looks like more of a Vista only.

Is Vista Tech launched in diesel only? No petrol model with new engine they just launched? I am surprised here, can anybody confirm please??
Yes no Revotron on the Vista Tech, it will go into the Falcon 4/5. First the new engine in a new car and then the rest. But the Vista Tech is not a new car but a top of the line variant in the Vista series.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:27   #36
BHPian

Aniket and Motomaverik, I dont get it either. The purpose of the Vista Tech is only to fill the time till Falcons are released? If they really believe petrol sales are going to increase (reportedly mentioned during presentation of Revotron), why not a petrol engine during this period? Shelving of Nano Diesel and developing of Revotron are consistent in strategy of pushing petrol engines, but why not Vista Tech?. Somebody explain me and save me from going crazy trying to figure this out!
Old 21st January 2014, 18:45   #37
BHPian

I am going bonkers with the number of variants of Vista. LS, LX,VX, ZX+ and now VX tech? Give me a break!!

They should have utilized this launch to rationalize their portfolio. Something like the pride/pure in Aria, for example, could have helped the cacaphony of confusing variant names.

When Maruti, Hyundai, Ford and even Fiat follow easy to remember and uniform names, why cant Tata? Its such a simple thing to do.

Last edited by veyron_head : 21st January 2014 at 18:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks