Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:13   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Classic price by up to 1 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
In Mumbai it is 7.9L on road, and small discounts may be possible. Am thinking of switching from my City VX CVT for 13.x to a fiesta + celerio for the same price!
Sounds like a plan indeed! Thanks for the price. I called the local dealer and the Hyd rate is 7.8 L. I wonder why someone said the price was reduced by a lakh?

Even then, most of the people in his family are in favor of buying a new car for 7.8 in place of a 2-year old 17K driven Honda City for 7.2 lakhs. The only place where the Fiesta will be deficient is rear room, and marginally lower F.E.

Let me see how things unfold.

I hope the Titanium model in the Classic has all the features of the Figo that are missing in my Sxi like the BT enabled ICE, USB/Aux compatible ICE, lane change indicators, auto-locking of doors at a set speed, chimes when DTE is 80 kms or 40 kms, etc.

Does anyone know?
Old 2nd May 2014, 20:07   #182
BHPian

Titanium comes with Bluetooth audio with Aux (no USB AFAIK), 2 airbags, auto lock doors. Not sure of the rest. Just took a TD and it definitely was a fun car to replace my 2001 Zen VX; but am also looking at the City SV for about 2L more...
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 10:47   #183
BHPian

Quote:
In Mumbai it is 7.9L on road, and small discounts may be possible. Am thinking of switching from my City VX CVT for 13.x to a fiesta + celerio for the same price!
SC Ford (Malad) had an offer during Akshay Tritiya where they were waiving the first year insurance premium, giving an on road price of around 7.6 lac. I think it should be possible to get this deal even now.
Old 4th May 2014, 13:53   #184
BHPian

I had the Fiesta when it was nearing 9 lacs and it was a lovely ride with no complaints and an awesome efficiency. Doesn't the price reduction of the classic impact the value of vehicles sold in the past. I know the classic has some corners cut but it still bothers me that the price of the car has come down so much. At this rate it will soon be into hatch territory and the silly bit is that it still sells more than the new Fiesta. In a few years the new fiesta will enter the space that will be vacated by the classic and it will have a watered down version that will sell. What business sense does this make?
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 15:04   #185
BHPian

I had visited a Ford Showroom recently and was shocked to see no one being interested in greeting a prospective customer. I checked out Ecosport and Fiesta both and never did a salesman arrive to help with my queries. Anyways, Fiesta's price is quite reasonable and it still drives great , topping up with few discounts as I heard other salesman offering discounts to buyers.
Old 6th May 2014, 14:55   #186
BHPian

Just an update - have come down to a OTR quote of Rs. 7.47L for the Fiesta Classic 1.6 Titanium in Mumbai including the extended warranty & RSA. Still doesnt appeal to the chindi sindhi heart in me as compared to the City 2014 SV for 10L - A "classic" case of mind vs heart :(
Old 6th May 2014, 15:10   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Still doesnt appeal to the chindi sindhi heart in me as compared to the City 2014 SV for 10L - A "classic" case of mind vs heart :(
Don't push yourself to buy a car which your heart doesn't agree with. Car purchases easily last 5 years and you would curse yourself all the while.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 15:41   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Just an update - have come down to a OTR quote of Rs. 7.47L for the Fiesta Classic 1.6 Titanium in Mumbai including the extended warranty & RSA. Still doesnt appeal to the chindi sindhi heart in me as compared to the City 2014 SV for 10L - A "classic" case of mind vs heart :(
I don't think anything is its own league would make much of a price comparison with the Ford Classic. It is a great car,handles brilliantly well and is priced rather low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Don't push yourself to buy a car which your heart doesn't agree with. Car purchases easily last 5 years and you would curse yourself all the while.
Absolutely Yes.
I actually wanted a Ford (for my parents, this time), booked a Ford, but the pathetic attitude of the dealer made me switch to a Honda as I did not want my parents running after the dealer all the while.

@ Deepak
If you really want a Honda, then go for it. Do not let the price override the heart.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 6th May 2014 at 15:42.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 20:18   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Can't agree more, especially after a fortnight of buying my long time love (Hyundai Verna). When we buy a car, our mind is always filled with thoughts of money and the monetary benefits which we get from buying a similar car for lesser price but that goes dead in few weeks and your heart still yearns for what you loved.
In contrast, if you go with your heart, you might have that stress associated with finance for some time but the driving pleasure eliminates that in matter of days and what follows is blissful driving
Go for the car that your heart desires and not what your mind orders (within your budget) !!
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 15:04   #190
Team-BHP Support

Prices for the Ford Classic now start from Rs. 4.88 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:18   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Prices for the Ford Classic now start from Rs. 4.88 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
This price cut is as old as the excise duty cut. Wondering why everyone is publishing it now.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 11:08   #192
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
I had visited a Ford Showroom recently and was shocked to see no one being interested in greeting a prospective customer
I had a better experience with Wasan Ford Chembur. I had requested a test drive online from the Ford website. I got a call and confirmed my test drive date and time. The car was brought all the way from their Chembur showroom to my workplace in Thane. Was delayed by 15 minutes which is very much acceptable as the driver wasn't very sure about the route.

The sales lady did regular follow ups with me for close to month after which I had informed her that as of now I have put my buying on hold.
Old 9th May 2014, 16:00   #193
BHPian

This latest price cut has definitely made the Classic (original Ford Fiesta) a real VFM buy (I have been eyeing her for a while now). The only hitch is next year Ford will introduce their Figo-based compact sedan, which is set to replace the Classic. Will this phasing-out of the Classic have an impact on the after-sales (availability of spares, etc.)? Can the experts clarify, please!
Old 9th May 2014, 16:56   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
The only hitch is next year Ford will introduce their Figo-based compact sedan, which is set to replace the Classic. Will this phasing-out of the Classic have an impact on the after-sales (availability of spares, etc.)? Can the experts clarify, please!
Ofcourse! Yes resale value for this car will only further decrease, just like any other car. So if that is a major concern for you, then don't bother. However, know that it will not stop relentlessly trying to put a smile on your face whenever you drive it
Old 9th May 2014, 18:16   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
This latest price cut has definitely made the Classic (original Ford Fiesta) a real VFM buy (I have been eyeing her for a while now). The only hitch is next year Ford will introduce their Figo-based compact sedan, which is set to replace the Classic. Will this phasing-out of the Classic have an impact on the after-sales (availability of spares, etc.)? Can the experts clarify, please!
It is mandatory to make spare parts available for 10 years after they stop manufacturing a model, as per my understanding. But others may correct me if I am wrong.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks