Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 22:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Classic price by up to 1 Lakh

Reaction to Linea classic, maybe not. But we now have 2 good handling cars at a cheaper price, Linea Classic and a Ford Classic. Power wise ford is way ahead of fiat. Last time we had a cheap 1.6L car was the Palio 1.6 Stile.
Old 17th January 2014, 07:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the Linea Classic could be a competitor to the Fiesta Classic. Atleast in our well informed minds.

Simple because of the sheer lack of features; the Linea Classic skips electrically adjustable ORVMs, fog lights, and more importantly, lacks alloys and airbags. It is a less "complete" car.
Old 17th January 2014, 10:28   #63
Lij
BHPian

The Ford sales rep called me last evening. When I asked about the discounts that were on offer, she said the discounts were on 2013 models and there will be no discounts on 2014 models of the classic. The 2014 models will be available only after a couple of months.

Does this mean that the classic production will still be continued, or is it their strategy to finish of inventory?

They have still not provided a quote!!
Old 17th January 2014, 12:21   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
...Only couple of gripes, the doors doesn't close with that thud, seems more like my Swift's door closing. The boot space is good, but the interior of the boot door doesn't have any covering. Also not very convinced about the sheet metal used, don't think quality is as good as the original Fiesta...
When I had a TD last year, I was NOT very impressed with the interior quality. I have a serious hunch that the quality went down after they started bin sharing with Figo. I could NOT prove it as I have NOT driven the Fiesta in it's prime avatar (before classic badging).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
...she said the discounts were on 2013 models and there will be no discounts on 2014 models of the classic. The 2014 models will be available only after a couple of months.

Does this mean that the classic production will still be continued, or is it their strategy to finish of inventory?...
1. (Most) SAs go to any extent for a quick sale. So please do NOT go by that.
2. The production might have been re-aligned for the facelift Fiesta.
3. I do NOT think we still have an official confirmation on the price cut.

Off-Topic::

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
...Last time we had a cheap 1.6L car was the Palio 1.6 Stile.
We had a Palio GTX / S10 before the Stile. I believe Ikon 1.6 was also priced similar, so was Baleno?
Old 18th January 2014, 20:17   #65
BHPian

One of my friend who was interested in the diesel had visited the dealer and the best offer after negotiations and deductions he has managed to get 7.7 L for the base trim diesel in Bangalore! Now that is seriously mouthwatering if you are not bothered about the image value, for a high mileage user it makes all the sense, and I doubt this will affect its resale, it was low any ways. Imagine what price the petrol 1.6 is going to be.

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 18th January 2014 at 20:19.
Old 18th January 2014, 20:59   #66

I visited one of the Bangalore dealers today and got hold of the new price list. The base model Lxi comes to around 6.3 L OTR. The dealer confirmed that this is for the 2014 stock and the car has not been stripped down. It's the same car as before only with a much reduced price tag.

Now I have been thinking of the below petrol cars for quite some time ..
1. Grand i10
2. Used fiesta 1.6S
3. Polo 1.2

And had almost finalized on the grand i10 when this mouth watering deal came up..I am seriously contemplating on the 1.6 fiesta classic.

Need some expert opinions from the team members . Would it be wise [ not very sure if this is the right word] to bring home the 1.6 classic ?
Old 18th January 2014, 22:45   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arparida View Post
I . It's the same car as before only with a much reduced price t
And had almost finalized on the grand i10 when this mouth watering deal came up..I am seriously contemplating on the 1.6 fiesta classic.

Need some expert opinions from the team members . Would it be wise [ not very sure if this is the right word] to bring home the 1.6 classic ?
It will be a good decision if you are fine with the following
1. There will be a pathetic resale value and the car will depreciate heavily in ni time.
2. You will lose out on a few gadgets that the Grand has.

Instead, if you want the sedan, why dont you buy the diesel? I bet it will fetch a few buyers a few years down the line. But investing in the petrol will give you good driving fun. Once you want to sell it, you might be in a problem.
Old 18th January 2014, 22:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I visited one of the Bangalore dealers today and got hold of the new price list. The base model Lxi comes to around 6.3 L OTR. The dealer confirmed that this is for the 2014 stock and the car has not been stripped down. It's the same car as before only with a much reduced price tag. Now I have been thinking of the below petrol cars for quite some time .. 1. Grand i10 2. Used fiesta 1.6S 3. Polo 1.2 And had almost finalized on the grand i10 when this mouth watering deal came up..I am seriously contemplating on the 1.6 fiesta classic. Need some expert opinions from the team members . Would it be wise [ not very sure if this is the right word] to bring home the 1.6 classic ?
I have the petrol Fiesta now for 7 years and it is still a treat to drive. It is probably the cheapest fun to drive car in the market today. It handles like a dream. Only thing is that it is bare bones when it comes to equipment. If you love to drive and don't care for the bells and whistles,just go for it.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 14:57   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
One of my friend who was interested in the diesel had visited the dealer and the best offer after negotiations and deductions he has managed to get 7.7 L for the base trim diesel in Bangalore! Now that is seriously mouthwatering if you are not bothered about the image value, for a high mileage user it makes all the sense, and I doubt this will affect its resale, it was low any ways. Imagine what price the petrol 1.6 is going to be.
Is it for a 2013 model or 2014? Also, can you let me know the dealer. I am considering Classic top end diesel model.

The on road price for top end is 9.5L, this is from Lathangi.
Old 19th January 2014, 15:27   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I am considering Classic top end diesel model.

The top-end Titanium model is still worth buying. It has ABS, Air Bags, Alloy Wheels, drive away locking system, bluetooth, and so on. Its interior too is different, and is available in beige. You only need to buy leather upholstery after-market, if you so feel. Otherwise, it is as good as the erstwhile SXI model. In looks, I still like it over cars like Etios.

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 19th January 2014 at 15:28.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 16:08   #71
BHPian

Quote:

Is it for a 2013 model or 2014? Also, can you let me know the dealer. I am considering Classic top end diesel model.

This is 2014, difference is only about 15-20K between them, not worth it IMO. This is for base trim after deducting every possible thing like RTO charges (do registration yourself), discounted insurance, no extended warranty etc, they allow you to do that which is great. This is from Metro Ford palace road.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 20:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I have the petrol Fiesta now for 7 years and it is still a treat to drive. It is probably the cheapest fun to drive car in the market today. It handles like a dream. Only thing is that it is bare bones when it comes to equipment. If you love to drive and don't care for the bells and whistles,just go for it.
+1 to your viewpoint. My car completes 7 years this March, and brings a smile on my face everyday. The FTD factor is so much that I prefer to drive it over the diesel Figo that I bought a year ago. My son takes the Figo and I drive the Fiesta 1.6 sxi every day to work.

My long term ownership report covers all aspects of the car and its maintenance.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...6-sxi-abs.html

While on this topic, I too agree that to old Sxi seems to be several notches ahead of the current Titanium in interior quality and feel. The only thing it lacks though is airbags, which were introduced in 2008.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th January 2014 at 20:34.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:16   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Need some expert opinions from the team members . Would it be wise [ not very sure if this is the right word] to bring home the 1.6 classic ?
If you are interested in the petrol version, buy a USED car. You can get it at a depreciated price; so your resale is NOT going to take a huge hit. I would prefer a 1.6S if you can get your hands on one.

For a diesel, I would prefer a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
One of my friend who was interested in the diesel had visited the dealer and the best offer after negotiations and deductions he has managed to get 7.7 L for the base trim diesel in Bangalore! ...
Quote:

Probably you should bargain together. This can get more discounts.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 14:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

Seems the price cut has not been officially communicated to the dealers. We visited the Surat Ford Dealer and he refused about any price cuts and also said that there are not on going deals / discounts on the 2014 make cars. He has only a handful of 2013 cars in stock on which he is willing to work out a deal.

He even went on saying that Ford has stopped taking orders for the "NEW" Fiesta and the Fiesta Classic is going to remain in production all through 2014.

God knows how true is this.
Old 20th January 2014, 14:32   #75
BHPian

If it is not a RIP ever after case, as it is being made out to be, then this is surely a tempting offer - i currently have a 2006 1.4-Duratec Petrol - which i am finding a little difficult to let go of. May be i will just go ahead an replace it with 1.4 Diesel or 1.6 Petrol. Just thinking. Just thinking :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks