Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:40   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Classic price by up to 1 Lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Again, Linea Classic will not be a wise decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
A friend is in exactly in this spot. Linea classic or Ford classic. The linea classic base version is about 35 K more than the ford classic. He's done research only on the base variants though. GC of linea is much more than ford i was told.
I am looking at linea Emotion/Dynamic. Yes, it comes at a higher price range than Fiesta Classic but I am not finding a better option. My wife is totally against Manza, Etios, Verito, and other <4M options. One another option is Ertiga. SX4 is ruled out, felt it is over priced and not a VFM car, top end after 60K discount comes to 11.10L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I suggest you do a detailed TD of Linea if you plan to buy one. Or please get hold of a friend's Linea. I found some ergonomics issues with Linea which makes my shoulder pain after a 100 km drive. I own a Swift, so Dzire should be similar in driving and I used to do 600 kms drive (with short breaks) with absolutely NO fatigue.
Linea should be 185 mm Vs Classic's 158.
Yes, I am not getting the comfort level of Swift/Dzire, its just the matter of getting used to it, i feel. Even in Fiesta classic, I am not happy with the driver seat. the under thigh support.
A year back, I took my cousins linea for a 700Km drive, but I don't remember of any shoulder pain. Anyways, will keep this in mind when I do the test drive again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
On the Classic price reduction, I did visit Cauvery Ford last week and got the quote from them, below are the prices:

Classic 1.6 : (On Road) Base: 745147 Mid: 824957 Top: 904817
Classic 1.4 : (On Road) Base: 902373 Mid: 954486 Top: 1028419

Not sure if the prices have been further revised or what. Or I fail to spot any significant difference.
I have checked at Lathangi, Elite and Metro. The top end diesel version is 9.51 L, you can get further discount on this. And this is for 2014 make,

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd January 2014 at 10:46.
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:42   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Man, you should have a thread of yours with the details of ownership, comparisons with other cars (sounds you do know some good points) and also about the remap!!
hehe, thank you , I am drafting one and will soon share it.

classic has a GC of 168 mm, a cm more.
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:59   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
...On the Classic price reduction, I did visit Cauvery Ford last week and got the quote from them, below are the prices:

Classic 1.6 : (On Road) Base: 745147 Mid: 824957 Top: 904817
Classic 1.4 : (On Road) Base: 902373 Mid: 954486 Top: 1028419...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
...I have checked at Lathangi, Elite and Metro. The top end diesel version is 9.51 L, you can get further discount on this. And this is for 2014 make,
Why is there such a difference in price?

Quote:
....Yes, I am not getting the comfort level of Swift/Dzire, its just the matter of getting used to it, i feel. Even in Fiesta classic, I am not happy with the driver seat. the under thigh support.
A year back, I took my cousins linea for a 700Km drive, but I don't remember of any shoulder pain. Anyways, will keep this in mind when I do the test drive again...
I remember that this is NOT a common issue and ONLY few people have reported this. So it could be something to do with the physique characteristics too. I had a very similar issue in a Punto too where as my friends never had a problem.
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:42   #94
BHPian

I was considering used Fiesta older, or classic, as it resales cheaper, in Diesel guise, to get from Delhi, for my parents who live nearby.

Now, I can even consider buying a new one. One more aspect of these discounts is that I can get a used one, at even lower resale prices.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at linea Emotion/Dynamic. Yes, it comes at a higher price range than Fiesta Classic but I am not finding a better option. My wife is totally against Manza, Etios, Verito, and other <4M options. One another option is Ertiga. SX4 is ruled out, felt it is over priced and not a VFM car, top end after 60K discount comes to 11.10L.

I have checked at Lathangi, Elite and Metro. The top end diesel version is 9.51 L, you can get further discount on this. And this is for 2014 make,
Check if you can get the Classic Titanium Diesel for 9 L so that you have money to spend on a remap , approximately Rs. 25K

If not, then check for Verna 1.4 CRDI EX or the Linea Dynamic. But they will cross the 10 L mark OTR price. Fiat may have discounts and the Dynamic may come just under 10 L.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:08   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Confirmed! Just in from Ford:

Quote:
Classic is now within reach of even more consumers with price points starting at Rs. 4.99 Lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Ford Classic’s pricing is a result of Ford India’s thrust on operational efficiencies.

Starting January 22, the entire Ford Classic range will be available between Rs. 4.99 lakh and Rs. 7.59 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:13   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

So, finally official. This also reflects on the home page of Ford India website.

The Classic page for quick reference:
http://www.india.ford.com/cars/fiesta-classic#

Last edited by saket77 : 22nd January 2014 at 13:16.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Confirmed! Just in from Ford:
I just checked the prices of base petrol & diesel on carwale. 5 lakhs & 6.39 lakhs respectively. I was at the difference. 1.4 lakhs for the diesel, which has an apparent tax concession because it's below 1500cc.

Diesels are overrated in India. And car manufacturers are absolutely making hay.
Ph03nix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

For about 80000 on road difference between LXi and CLXi, the latter does not justify the price vs features provided
- Keyless entry remote
- defogger
- rear armrest
- read headrest adjustable
- foldable rear seat
- mp3 player and 4 speakers
- front and rear map lights
- driver height adjust
- body colored mirrors, door handles and tailgate handle
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:45   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
I just checked the prices of base petrol & diesel on carwale. 5 lakhs & 6.39 lakhs respectively. I was at the difference. 1.4 lakhs for the diesel, which has an apparent tax concession because it's below 1500cc.
Classic is more than 4m long and hence not eligible for tax concessions irrespective of the engine capacity!
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was at the difference. 1.4 lakhs for the diesel, which has an apparent tax concession because it's below 1500cc.

Diesels are overrated in India. And car manufacturers are absolutely making hay.
Agreed with your point of diesels being overrated.
But, in case of Classic, the diesel motor might be less than 1500cc, but its length is more than 4 mtrs.

The current rules are : diesel engine less than 1500cc in car less than 4 mtrs. in length applicable for lower excise duty.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

If Ford intends to sell the Classic at this price, they should also consider plonking this engine in the Figo with slightly lower power output like 90-95hp and bring up the ARAI numbers at-least to around 16+ kmpl, it should have a compelling case against other hatchbacks if priced about 75k less than the Classic.
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

I checked the price of the Titanium model in Hyderabad. It is indeed cheaper by around 70 K compared to the ex-showroom price of 7.4 lacs when I bought it in 2007. So it is indeed a mouth-watering deal.

What takes the cake is the price at Port Blair. It is around 6.16 lacs only!!
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:04   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Classic is more than 4m long and hence not eligible for tax concessions irrespective of the engine capacity!
That's not the tax concession I am talking about. I know the sub 4m rule. If I am not wrong, engines greater than 1.6 liter attract 27% excise duty whereas engines below 1.6 liters attract 24%. This is for cars greater than 4m in length.

So technically ford has to pay higher excise duty(in percentage) on the petrol 1.6 than the diesel 1.4.

Yet there is a difference of 1.4 lakhs for such an archaic engine. If it was the new fiesta 90bhp block, it may be justified.

Slightly off topic - I just did some analysis on how much premium manufacturers charge for diesels(Approx figures may differ from city to city) -

Maruti - 1.1 lacs
Hyundai - 1.2 lacs
VW - 1.1 lacs
Fiat - 70K
Honda(Amaze) - 90K

Looking at the above figures I think 1.4 lacs is daylight robbery even by the current standards.
Ph03nix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:19   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly off topic - I just did some analysis on how much premium manufacturers charge for diesels(Approx figures may differ from city to city) -

Maruti - 1.1 lacs
Hyundai - 1.2 lacs
VW - 1.1 lacs
Fiat - 70K
Honda(Amaze) - 90K

Looking at the above figures I think 1.4 lacs is daylight robbery even by the current standards.
I agree that the price difference for base variant is 1.4 lakhs. However, the top end Titanium variants of Classic differ by just 1.1 lakhs!

Classic (P) - 6.50 lakhs
Classic (D) - 7.59 lakhs

Looks like Ford has adopted the marketing tactic for base petrol to get to the 4.99 tag. There could even be some features missing in the base petrol but available in base diesel. Else, they might be suffering losses on it and not going to make it easily available just like they do with Ecosport.

Last edited by zenren : 22nd January 2014 at 23:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed