Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2006, 16:00   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaboyus
BTW, the car is still in Bangalore, I gave it to my friend, so can still drive it around whenever I visit Bangalore.
Was that the one on ebay ?
Old 1st July 2006, 11:04   #32

Yes, I had put it on ebay. A gentleman bid for it but then did not keep up
his word on payment and so I gave it to my friend who was interested in it.
Old 1st July 2006, 15:18   #33
BHPian

gripe- when are they (all manufacturers) gonna get cool cars that most of us can afford or works owards buying, rather than just oogling at
Old 2nd July 2006, 07:48   #34
BHPian

They should launch the new S60 in India. It's time Indians got some taste of a decent convertible. And you can make it a sedan to protect it from theft and bad weather. I love that car.
Overall the current generation Volvos look much more energetic and trendy than the older generation ones.
Old 30th January 2007, 12:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

No news from Volvo about any launches yet but OD, in a report that I don't believe will happen, says that the C30 would be launched in India to compete with the Optra SRV. It's there in the latest OD issue. If the C30 is actually India bound, then I better start saving up: starting NOW!

Old 30th January 2007, 12:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
No news from Volvo about any launches yet but OD, in a report that I don't believe will happen, says that the C30 would be launched in India to compete with the Optra SRV. It's there in the latest OD issue. If the C30 is actually India bound, then I better start saving up: starting NOW!
Amit - Honestly pricing the C30 at 8L is going to be next to impossible unless they decide to manufacture it here, which is a bigger problem since they don't have the infrastructure and neither will they have the numbers to justify the cost of manufacturing. After all how many SR-V's have been sold yet?

Methinks this is just speculative journalism (something all Indian mags are famous for) and would advise you not to bet on it. Do you know why MB or BMW don't launch the A/B-class or 1-series here? Simply because they know that at the price that they'll be sold here they'll hardly be any buyers. Don't think Volvo is going to be that foolish.

P.S. Just to give you an idea the C30 range starts at 15,000 GBP in the UK, so you can do the conversion & add the duties to get a figure.
Old 30th January 2007, 15:30   #37

most of these companies tend to make changes in parts and accessories to reduce rpicing and increase profits, thanks to the heavy tax levies on them. so we cant be sure of what the on road car would feel like.
Old 31st January 2007, 00:21   #38
BHPian

wow..Volvo cars are not a looker i know(I own a S40) but they can give kick as* performance to the level of high end cars.

Volvo Welcome to India .In current Indian road conditions we really need SAFE cars !
Old 31st January 2007, 10:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Volvo coming to India???? Really??????
They have a bus plant in Bangalore I guess and no car plant... Volvo is planning for CBU or what???

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport
Old 31st January 2007, 11:37   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Volvo coming to India???? Really??????
They have a bus plant in Bangalore I guess and no car plant... Volvo is planning for CBU or what???
Note Volvo trucks is a totally different company. They sold Volvo Cars to Ford. Expect Volvo's to be assembled in the Ford plant. This is already being done in China
Old 31st January 2007, 12:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Note Volvo trucks is a totally different company. They sold Volvo Cars to Ford. Expect Volvo's to be assembled in the Ford plant. This is already being done in China
Then what about Jaguar from the Ford stable? been hearing that they are coming once in a while in the news?
Jaguar is a better known Brand in India than Volvo

Old 31st January 2007, 12:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo still hasnt grasped what they'e getting into. Its going to take a lot of convincing to Indian customers that the cars and buses are really not from the same company.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volvo cars coming to India!

I know its an old thread, but I just heard from my friend that Volvo is planning to launch the S60 and SC60 in India. The launch event is planned on May 10th in Coimbatore. He is involved with the event management for that.
Old 7th May 2011, 10:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Do you mean S60 & the XC60 ? The XC60 has been on sale for a while, and the S60 bookings have been on. There is an article in AUTOCAR comparing the S60, 330i & the A4 3.2, according to the magazine the S60 6cyl AWD is brilliant. But I think the sales of the D5 will be higher here, because it is cheaper, is a diesel & has adequate power (190 Bhp or near that)

Cheers
Old 7th May 2011, 11:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

oh i didnt know that. i didnt know volvo already have cars in india . yes it could be xc60, i would have heard it as "s" instead of "x". maybe its just a formal launch function for xc60.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed