Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:58   #16
BHPian

re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

If these cars are fitted with a 1L Ecoboost and an efficient Diesel then it would success for sure. Only problem is the Ecoboost is not localized enough.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2014 at 14:11. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:53   #17
BHPian

The sedan looks much better than rivals like Dzire/Amaze. This one has the potential in both, hatchback and sedan forms. I am sure it will feature good engine options and other things, Ford is not going to mess up with pricing after what happened with the new Fiesta. I just hope that they don't delay the launch, sooner the better.
Old 25th January 2014, 19:14   #18
BHPian

That is indeed one nice looking hatchback. But I too feel that it would not replace the Figo as it is the next best selling vehicle after Ecosport from the Ford Stable. Hopefully it will be placed a segment above the Figo and compete directly with likes of i20, Swift or the upcoming Honda Jazz.
As Swiftnfurious said, it does look like 2015 is going to be good year for the Indian Car Scene. I am contemplating upgrade from my 2008 Swift by end of this year, but it looks like it will be worth waiting till the first quarter of 2015 .
Old 28th January 2014, 10:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford's Ka Concept to be unveiled on 3rd February, reports Motorbeam.

Quote:
Since Ford is unveiling a compact car, it will be none other than the latest generation Ka (codename B562) which was showcased a few weeks back in Brazil, followed by Spain. But Ford says it’s a global reveal. This points to the vehicle being the Ka based compact sedan.

Don’t get too excited as the launch of the Ka and Ka sedan will only happen in 2015 as Ford will take some time in aggressively localising the vehicle to reach a value for money price tag. Ford is likely to make India an export hub for the Ka, just like it did with the EcoSport (more than 380 variants are churned out by the Chennai facility).

The Figo won’t be discontinued and as revealed earlier, the Figo and Ka will co-exist. The Figo will be re-positioned to take on smaller hatchbacks like the Hyundai i10, Chevrolet Beat, Maruti Wagon R while the Ka will rub shoulders with premium hatchbacks like the Maruti Swift, Hyundai i20 and Volkswagen Polo.

Since the Figo has been on sale for quite sometime now, Ford will benefit from the economies of scale and the company is likely to plonk in a new frugal petrol engine to boost the car’s appeal. The Ford Ka will be powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine and the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, both of which already power the EcoSport.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 11:14   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Ford's Ka Concept to be unveiled on 3rd February, reports Motorbeam.

The Ford Ka will be powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine and the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, both of which already power the EcoSport...
Ahh! The last line made my day. Just what I was expecting to happen to position the Ka as a premium hatch! Now we can expect a HOT Swift too! No choice for them.

Off-Topic::

2015 will see a 100 bhp Honda Jazz, 90 bhp Ka, 90 bhp i20 & wishfully a 90 bhp Swift too!! Can we term 2015 as the "year of enthusiasts"??

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th January 2014 at 11:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 11:43   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ahh! The last line made my day. Just what I was expecting to happen to position the Ka as a premium hatch! Now we can expect a HOT Swift too! No choice for them.

2015 will see a 100 bhp Honda Jazz, 90 bhp Ka, 90 bhp i20 & wishfully a 90 bhp Swift too!! Can we term 2015 as the "year of enthusiasts"??

These two engines would be like what K10 engine is for Alto. Power-to-weight ratio would be a killer for the Ford Ka, no doubt about.

As to what I feel that the engines will be the same but a toned down version of them will feature in Ka rather than cut-paste work.

I am waiting for the 90PS Swift.

Anurag.
Old 28th January 2014, 13:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As to what I feel that the engines will be the same but a toned down version of them will feature in Ka rather than cut-paste work.
I fully agree - Ford has 4 variants of the 1.0 EcoBoost (Fox) engine, and they might choose to differentiate the Ka engine from the EcoBoost engine. The 4 variants are:
  1. 65 PS naturally aspirated engine
  2. 80 PS naturally aspirated engine
  3. 100 PS turbocharged engine
  4. 125 PS turbocharged engine (as in the EcoBoost)

I would also wonder if Ford will localize this engine to some extent or even fully, from their new Sanand plant, as reported here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nes-india.html
Old 28th January 2014, 14:32   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I fully agree - Ford has 4 variants of the 1.0 EcoBoost (Fox) engine, and they might choose to differentiate the Ka engine from the EcoBoost engine. The 4 variants are:
  1. 65 PS naturally aspirated engine
  2. 80 PS naturally aspirated engine
  3. 100 PS turbocharged engine
  4. 125 PS turbocharged engine (as in the EcoBoost)

I would also wonder if Ford will localize this engine to some extent or even fully, from their new Sanand plant, as reported here.
I am sure that the engine tune 1 & 2 will make it into the Ka rather than 3 & 4. worst case a sports/performance version of the Ka will feature with the engine 3. The number 4 is

The 'Ka' is for the fuel efficient market and to garner volumes which the first variant can do happily. Why jump conclusions now, lets wait what Ford has to say about this.

Anurag.
Old 28th January 2014, 14:40   #24
Team-BHP Support

This car needs to come equipped with the following:

- 1.0 EcoBoost engine (hopefully in 100/120 horsepower flavours)

- DCT autobox.

- Ford's Sync system.

I'd take it in a heartbeat!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 16:55   #25
Team-BHP Support

With fuel price corrections, the petrol-diesel skew in the hatchback segment is no longer as bad as it was 2-3 years ago (80:20?), and the gap may further narrow in the next few years.

Ford got away with providing an under-powered (and thoroughly under-whelming) 1.2 Petrol in the Figo because the 1.4TDCi was the majority seller. They can't afford to make the same mistake with their next-gen hatches. 65BHP petrol motors will sink without a trace in the premium hatch segment (that they might position Ka in).

The 80BHP NA & 100BHP Turbocharged motors should be offered, while the 125BHP spec can stay exclusive to the Ecosport.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th January 2014 at 16:56.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 17:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The 80BHP NA & 100BHP Turbocharged motors should be offered, while the 125BHP spec can stay exclusive to the Ecosport.
That's quite a practical suggestion - the NA version can help them hit an entry pricepoint (by omitting the turbo), and the 100 BHP turbo version for the top-end variant. The nice thing about the EcoBoost is that it is quite frugal, which will appeal to many, and there's no risk of the top-end engine being cast as a fuel guzzler.

The one thing is that all 4 variants of the engine still utilize Ti-VCT (variable valve timing) and direct injection, so I presume it will still carry some manner of a premium of a plain old OHC/MPFI engine.
Old 28th January 2014, 18:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I feel that this car seems to be heavily inspired by the grand I10 and looks very South Koreanish to my taste. Ford could have done better with this but by no means would I say that the car does not look good. Car looks good but not with the Ford Badge on it.

Would be interesting to watch this space to see if they set new standards with some newer features or will they try a conservative line to that of Figo!
Old 31st January 2014, 11:28   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

No would not launch the be an all-new hatchback concept but instead a Global debut of Ford compact sedan.

Source:ACI
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, This is the actual FORD KA concept sedan to be showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo.
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordkacompactsedanfrontthreequarterrendering.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordkacompactsedanrearthreequarterrendering.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-newfordkaconceptfrontthreequarter.jpg
Thanks

AD

Source:https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutosBlog/photos_stream
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:45   #30
BHPian

The front lights looks 'Verna'esque but absolute stunner! Baby Aston Martin!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks