Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:42   #346
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Whats the Figo AT got that the Micra CVT doesnt? That's a whole 75K cheaper & the VFM king...
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:50   #347
BHPian

Quote:
blurust: As an existing owner, how does the boot space match up? There was a comment that the boot space has gone down from 284 to 257
well, it is 257 now, according to the brochure, Its not something that overtly bothers me though, I haven't used my boot space upto the brim and haven't thought to myself, maybe I need more.

The problem I am facing while trying to upgrade is that, no matter what segment car I Drive, except for linea tjet, which I should mention is Soul stirring, nothing is actually sweeping me off my feet. I know its strange, to me too, power or features are not something that make me go weak in the knees, handling and flat ride does. if i needed the boot space I would look at aspire, but I am stuck on that darn steering(old gen figo) and that telepathic handling.

If the new figo cracks it, even if the steering is not as good as new fiesta's EPS..I am in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Whats the Figo AT got that the Micra CVT doesnt? That's a whole 75K cheaper & the VFM king...
Dual Clutch 6 speed ( same as DSG in VW terms )
ESP :- Electronic stability program
Sync with AppLink
Hill Assist

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd September 2015 at 19:03. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
blurust is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:06   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Micra's got 1.2 Engine (3 Cylinder Engine), where as Figo's AT got 1.5 (The first in the segment, perhaps)

Figo is quite a bigger car than Micra CVT with More Power, More Torque, ESP, TCS, HLA, ORVM Turn Indicators, More Boot etc.
Wildy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:36   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
The Trend+ Variant comes with Fog Lamps and ABS with all other features available on Trend Variant. Its 7.40 Lakhs On-road in Bangalore, which is a VFM option for sure.
I am not sure if Trend has ABS, the brochure only shows Titanium with ABS.
With 100 horses, the Figo will be a very peppy car, however my only grouse is lack of ABS across the variants. That said, Ford has nailed it with the pricing.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 23rd September 2015 at 19:44.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:04   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Has anyone done a comparison with the Aspire to find out what features have been left out in the Figo? The difference in price for higher variants is substantial.

Overall, very good pricing indeed. The diesel should sell like hot cakes.

Sure, that's great price especially that diesel engine, Oh my god.

I see no major differences except three. Figo don't have the following three.

Leather Seats
Adjustable Head-Rests on Rear Side
Big Boot

Although Jazz is bigger car, folks may rethink about it. For the price of Jazz VX petrol model, one may get the Titanium Plus diesel with 6 Airbags. That's wonderful.
Wildy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:10   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been rummaging through all the sites and press releases, but can't seem to get hold of the info of which all variants have the rear washer/wiper.

Usually companies advertise it if they have, but here nothing is being said. Is it cause its a default feature or is it the same case as the hydraulic boot struts shown in the Aspire website during launch. :(
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:27   #352
BANNED

Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

For those who might be interested, here are the OTR for Mumbai;

Petrol
Base: 512,353
Ambiente: 542,750
Trend: 592,839
Titanium: 678,220
Titanium +: 752,218
Titanium AT: 810,278

Diesel

Base: 638,278
Ambiente: 676,160
Trend: 716,709
Titanium: 803,599
Titanium+: 882,379

I had a look at the Figo this evening, and some pointers out of it:

a. As premium as the boot release is, the bonnet released is super flimsy

b. People may not require to upgrade to a 15" profile. The car looks just fine. Added to that, the warranty is sure to get subjective with that.

c. No hue and cry required for the 257 lt boot, it's more than enough to gulp down 3-4 cabin bags.

d. The neck restraint on the back seat is rather uncomfortable for tall people. It was poking at my lower shoulder when sitting upright.

e. There is no boot release on the outside. One has to walk all the way back to the cabin to open it again. I like my polo in that respect.

f. Perimeter alarm available from Titanium onwards. No one seems to have picked it up here, and likely to be a first in the segment too.

g. The AT comes with tiptronic, unlike what ACI had reported earlier.

h. The only differences between the top two models are 4 airbags and the Sync system with emergency assistance. 80k for that? Individual call.

The car is definitely on the lighter side for a Ford, but in stretch of imagination is it a tin can. There are places like the fenders and quarters that buckle when you put pressure, but it should hold up much better than some segment leaders.

More power to Ford! (they already gave the same to their cars) 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Have been rummaging through all the sites and press releases, but can't seem to get hold of the info of which all variants have the rear washer/wiper.:(

Good point there buddy. I didn't find it either. However some pictures that were shared earlier for the Trend version didn't have it. Assumption being its there on Titanium onwards, or at best from Trend +.

Last edited by methecupid : 23rd September 2015 at 20:34.
methecupid is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:37   #353
BHPian

Ford is getting into the groove and this time looks like it will get a strong foothold in the Indian Market. This time they had understood the market well, and kept the one Ford (pun intended) strategy management wise and decided to have models that can get volumes. From now on Ford will be a serious contender in the Market share race competing with Tata and Toyota in the 10k units per month war field. The upcoming Ecosport and endevour should only help the cause.

Ford Figo is the mass market hot hatch now . Good that Ford latched onto its focus on safety, was wondering whether Ford, in order to differentiate the figo from the Aspire and to price it better (considering the Bolt pricing fiasco), would end up giving dual Airbags only in Titanium Variants.

The base has driver side airbag, good option since the price difference between base and trend is only 27k for petrol and 33k for diesel and customer can opt for the 2 airbag variant at a nominal cost.

Kudos to Ford for having the '+' variants giving the choice to customers to choose the best. Competition will intensify between Honda, Mahindra, TATA, Toyota and Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
Thanks Avi bhai for the quick turnaround.! you are becoming a Wikipedia of the Team BHP

No matter what the pricing and features offered, I sincerely hope the above one should save some fatalities on the road.
True, Ravenavi has become the go-to man since the Creta official preview (atleast I had been following only since then) thread was initiated.
Raven aviji, kudos to your spirits and efforts in ensuring accurate information reaches the mass on time, every time.

True, a sensible feature now people will start using the seatbelts atleast for the sake of listening to Music, IMO should be made as a mandate in all vehicles, should be a piece of cake for manufacturers to program it.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:42   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I am not sure if Trend has ABS, the brochure only shows Titanium with ABS.
With 100 horses, the Figo will be a very peppy car, however my only grouse is lack of ABS across the variants. That said, Ford has nailed it with the pricing.
Trend dies not have ABS but there is also a Trend+ variant in the prices announced today. There is no information about Trend+ variant anywhere but we are speculating that it will have ABS as the additional feature over Trend.
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:42   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Have been rummaging through all the sites and press releases, but can't seem to get hold of the info of which all variants have the rear washer/wiper.(
There is no specific mention anywhere like they've mentioned the presence of the rear defogger in the top two variants but the rear wiper is seen in all the titanium variant pics from the website, media pictures & brochure. So I think its safe to say, its very much there at least in the top two variants.

Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-rear-wiper.jpg  

tjacob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:23   #356
BHPian

Titanium Plus Diesel variant is over priced. close to 9 L (pune) and that is the starting price of Honda city.

I find upto the Trend variant it is properly priced, after that this little hatchback is very expensive. Also another sore point is only Titanium variants have ABS.
Still 100HP sounds delicious combined with great fuel efficiency

Last edited by amvj : 23rd September 2015 at 21:25.
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:23   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
100 hp 1.5 L diesel engine and 6 airbags- the Titanium+ variant is clearly a wolf in sheep's clothing. Clearly in the league of the GT TDI! And cheaper as well! Would love to get a test drive some time.

Good times ahead for Ford I hope. The new Figo, Aspire, Endeavour and the Ecosport.
Yes Definitely!I believe you missed to add the Mighty Mustang in the lineup
Old 23rd September 2015, 22:21   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I had a look at the Figo this evening, and some pointers out of it
If you did have a good look on interiors, especially the infotainment part especially on the TFT screen (I'm sure there's no cruise control), would appreciate your inputs on them.

Is Ford positioning this new variant in premium hatchback or small car segment?
Old 23rd September 2015, 22:43   #359
BHPian

A snapshot showing a comparison between the B2 petrol ATs.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-comparo.jpg

Note: Nissan Micra XL variant and Brio VX (O) has not been considered to maintain equality. NA - NOT AVAILABLE. Comparison features only automatic variants. Source for Figo: TBHP, Rest: carwale.com

1. Figo has the biggest engine with the highest power/torque combo in the segment
2. Figo offers best in class safety features
3. Grand i10 and Figo are the only models which offer tiptronic manual mode
4. Figo is the only model to offer 6 speed gear box
5. Nissan Micra offers best in class ARAI mileage - 19.3 KMPL
6. Honda and Nissan offer ATs in 2 variants VX/VX (o) and XL/XV respectively
7. Ritz is the cheapest and oldest of the lot.
9. Micra is the expensive of the lot and offers the least power/torque combo
8. Grand i10 is the barebones version in terms of safety followed by Ritz offering only ABS

Ford figo AT is value for money considering the engine size, safety features, convinience of manual mode and the space on offer. Please correct mistakes, if any.

This is my 25th post and I'm officially a Team BHPian now
Karthik Chandra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 23:19   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

The website has been updated with details of accessories for the new Figo. The PDF brochure is located here.

While many are common to the new Figo and Figo Aspire, those specific to the hatchback are listed below.

Chrome Bumper Protector: Rs 1,400
  • Protect the rear bumper loading lip during loading and unloading of luggage
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1249172901225.jpg

Chrome Tailgate Applique: Rs 2,193
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1249172901783.jpg

Roof Rails: Rs 5,998
  • Made of high grade plastic that ensures weather durability and long life
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1249172900811.jpg

Carpet Floor Mats: Rs 2,130
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1249172906681.jpg

Trunk Mat: Rs 1,248
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1249172908837.jpg

Cargo Boot Net: Rs 759
  • Helps secure items separately in the luggage area without movement during driving around
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1249172910705.jpg

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd September 2015 at 23:20.
arunphilip is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed