Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 08:20   #361
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

Handling and ride quality goes hand in hand with all cars of Ford. However there is a notion which says in all Ford cars sold in India, engine gives up early than the chassis and I am sure all Ford owners here agree with me. With the Figo and aspire I think the first part Ford has take care and has given a dream run for all the enthusiasts out here but somewhere down the line I miss the dynamic nature of Ford`s previous gen models like Fiesta and earlier Figo. If you ask this was their major stronghold and USP of their cars and I am gonna miss it badly here.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 09:08   #362
Senior - BHPian

I loved the Aspire kit and pricing, and Figo only reaffirms that.
1.5L Engine + 112 PS power + 6 speed DCT on a hatchback should kill anything south of the GT TSI.
Plus this car is very well kitted - the impulsive shopper in me is raging to have a go.
But I don't have any one to pass my i10 to (makes no sense selling it as the car is absolutely fine but is worth some chump change compared to the state it is in)
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 09:17   #363
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic pricing yet again. Can someone confirm if trend+ has ABS as I have checked all reports and can't find any confirmation? If it does have then it's a hell of a proposition at that price point.

All that is left now is the wait for the brilliant t-bhp official review to come out. Any clue when is it gonna be mods?
Old 24th September 2015, 09:25   #364
BHPian

I really think Ford has a winner in their hands with the new Figo. Even though Ford have dumbed down to (forgive me) Japanese Levels with the new Figo and Figo Aspire in many aspects, I still think they are two very lovely cars which will sell well in our market.

More power to Ford. I only wish like airbags, they would also have provided ABS as standard across models. Safety is a collective effort of multiple tech in the car.
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 09:51   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
More power to Ford. I only wish like airbags, they would also have provided ABS as standard across models. Safety is a collective effort of multiple tech in the car.
completely with you. However Ford seems to be targeting the mass market with this car and for the "Aam janta", airbags is far more premium and critical safety feature compared to ABS. Ask them and 50% of people won't know the full form of ABS, leave aside their knowledge about how it functions and how important an active safety feature it is.

That said Ford should have atleast kept it optional if someone is really interested in it. Hopefully the Trend+ variant addresses that
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:12   #366
BHPian

re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Does anyone know how it handles and steering feel?
Old 24th September 2015, 10:14   #367
Senior - BHPian

Again, good pricing on the Figo front.

Ford is serious and hope they taste better success this time around.

Till now, they have just been a one car wonder.
The US giant's claim to fame was the original josh machine.

The best sellers from the Ford Stable:
Ford Ikon (Early 2000s till mid 2000)
Ford Fiesta(now Classic)- late 2000 to 201x.
Ford Figo- 2012-2014
Ford Ecosport- 2014 onwards

Now, both the Figo and the Aspire have large shoes to fill.
They are replacing erstwhile bestsellers from the stable namely the Figo and the Fiesta.

One of the biggest blunders done by Ford earlier in pricing the global Fiesta has now been laid to rest with the Figo and Aspire.

All they have to do now is consolidate.
The Aspire is off to a flying start and I see no reason why the Figo cannot achieve a 5K nos.

Most affected in this con durum will be the underpowered yet well stitched Xcent/Grand i10, the Xest(Bolt is not even in contention) and Amaze.

I do not really see a lot of difference in the Dzire sales though.
I have normally seen that Dzire purchases are mainly pre-determined and mainly on the basis of the trust Maruti evokes in us Indians.
Old 24th September 2015, 10:17   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Does anyone know how it handles and steering feel?
Ok this is from my experience driving my friend's Aspire ( I drive a figo BTW), the steering is light compared to the hps in the figo, but weighted up adequately once the speed picked up. The steering return after a turn was not complete like the hps.I didn't feel the steering to be that bad compared to the figo. I guess the new figo would handle similar to the Aspire.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:19   #369
BHPian

But the Baleno is coming .. Ford needs to make hay while the sun shines !

A superb looking car by Ford though. IMHO, the Figo looks better than the Aspire. But still bows down to the New Jazz.
Old 24th September 2015, 10:26   #370
BHPian

We really need a review of the DCT model and boy once that turns the excitement on, we would see the Polo TSI getting affected.

Wonder why the model was not available during the review of the Aspire. Whatever said and done, I cant wait to TD !
Old 24th September 2015, 10:28   #371
BHPian

Spoke to the dealership and they are also clueless about Trend+. He said it might be launched later. I think RavenAvi is correct on this variant probably being a last minute addition. Hope to have clarity on it soon. If it is indeed equipped with ABS it will be a great proposition for those who are on a tighter budget but don't want to compromise on safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I assume it was a last-minute addition to the all-new Figo's lineup (hence mentioned at the bottom of the official powerpoint presentation's pricing slide, on the left of the Titanium+'s prices), so the official brochure doesn't see mention of it (which might have been prepared before the Trend+ variants were devised and snuck into the pricing list).

Could have been a last-minute strategic move to plug a particular price-point in the Figo's price range. I doubt even dealers have details on this particular variant right now. We might see a correction in the official website, adding the Trend+ variants to the lineup, soon.

There is a very good chance that the Trend+ adds ABS to the Trend's feature list, at a difference of about 25,000 rupees over the Trend variants.
JonSnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:32   #372
Team-BHP Support

A very good overall package by Ford once again. They seem to be getting into a knack and I hope it continues with the Endeavour. I'm going to go against the tide here somewhat.

Yes the car is much more modern and the 1.5L TDCI with 100 horses is absolutely awesome. Couple that with 6 airbags and host of other features and you have a well rounded package.

However going by the aspire review, it will most likely be missing some of the trademark Ford DNA. The old Figo had a very commuter engine and did not excite when it came to performance. But out on the twisties the old Figo was some serious fun. The ride was stiff but that pure hydraulic go kart steering, fantastic grip levels and rock solid composure were something else. Then there was the solid build quality. Doors were heavy and used to close with a resounding thud. The old Figo was nowhere near perfect but the dynamics of the car attracted one towards it.

The new one on the other hand is definitely a better overall package but it most likely will lose out on some of the magic the old one had.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:42   #373
BHPian

Guys found few videos in YouTube by a guy called ayan som ( don't remember correctly) displaying the handling and body roll of aspire at high speeds. If that's the case with figo,then prepare to witness the best handler in b segment hatches.
P.s - the motorbeam 0-100 kmph timing for aspire is 9.72 sec!!!! And so the figo is quickest too!!!
Old 24th September 2015, 10:59   #374
BHPian

Great pricing strategy from ford - this one seems like a winner !

Was eagerly waiting for 23rd Sep (for figo launch) and now fingers crossed for TBHP review Mods any possible date we can expect the same?
Old 24th September 2015, 11:36   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

I've sat in and inspected the Figo Aspire, to be very frank it does not possess the trademark Ford build which is there in Ecosport/Fiesta. The interior plastics are quite flimsy and the headliner gives in too far when pressed. As far as exteriors go there are misaligned panels where the bumper meets the fender, I'm not sure if all cars have that but 3 of the showroom cars did.

Surely the VW Polo is a league ahead in build quality when compared to Aspire/new-Figo (assuming the new Figo to be similar to Aspire). The old Figo was a different story though, it was one of the heaviest hatchbacks of its class, with HPS and class-leading boot-space. The new one is the best looking small hatch (better than Grandi10, Swift, Ritz, Polo etc) but to keep pricing competitive Ford has somehow ignored its DNA of tactile feel. I don't care how the steering weighs up in high speeds, all companies must start adding weight (by eliminating motor assist) to speeds above 10kmph at the most. EPS is the bane of motoring world.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks