Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 14:13   #391
BHPian

re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

I think they simply forgot to remove the line they used in the aspire ads, where this claim is true.
Whichcarnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:15   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Guys found few videos in YouTube by a guy called ayan som ( don't remember correctly) displaying the handling and body roll of aspire at high speeds. If that's the case with figo,then prepare to witness the best handler in b segment hatches.
P.s - the motorbeam 0-100 kmph timing for aspire is 9.72 sec!!!! And so the figo is quickest too!!!
This guy seems insane. A simple search on youtube of "ayan som" will give several videos of him putting the Aspire to different tests on public roads. He seems to have no regards to the general public. He is putting several lives in danger here. Just check the below videos.

He has also written a review and used many Team-bhp Aspire's review pics in it. Atleast he has given credit to Team-bhp for them. Link is here
http://testdriveexperience.blogspot....spire-car.html

Mods please move the post to appropriate thread if found necessary.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:58   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Although both the cars are in the same segment and absolutely comparable, I feel the GT TSi is in another league still.
On a lighter note...this sounds very similar.
Whenever there is a discussion over smartphones, i hear the owners of apple saying "Although both the phones are in the same segment and absolutely comparable, I feel the iphone is in another league still".
And everytime, the discussion ends with the iphone user saying "Whatever may be the case, an iphone is an iphone"

GT Tsi may be better than Figo but it surely appears expensive.

Quote:
I am not a fan boy, so this is just from a perspective after driving both.
Do not worry, no one will call you a Fanboy. it is a term reserved for or Associated with owners of a particular Italian brand of cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
I think they simply forgot to remove the line they used in the aspire ads, where this claim is true.
Highly probable!

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 24th September 2015 at 15:02.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:13   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
This guy seems insane.
Guaranteed nut case. Check this out,

"One can actually take bends at serious speeds and not worry too much about the rear end stepping out on him/her. We conducted such a test on an empty piece of road and the results were quite satisfactory.

In unfortunate situations where the car loses control due to any external or internal factors, all it needs is a driver which does not panic, the rest car has an inherent nature to regain control so even a marginally sensible driver would be able to cope with such an situation. "

kiku007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:24   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Guaranteed nut case. Check this out,

"One can actually take bends at serious speeds and not worry too much about the rear end stepping out on him/her. We conducted such a test on an empty piece of road and the results were quite satisfactory.

In unfortunate situations where the car loses control due to any external or internal factors, all it needs is a driver which does not panic, the rest car has an inherent nature to regain control so even a marginally sensible driver would be able to cope with such an situation. "

He's posted this in response to a comment asking him not to indulge in dangerous driving on public roads:
This is not a public road. This road is inside a establishment in the city. You don't see any traffic whatsoever there. As far a being a threat to myself is concerned, I am a holder of a professional Karting and single seater license by the FMSCI(Federation of Motor Sports Club of India). I have had 7 years of experience as a professional race car driver. Public safety is our paramount.

Moreover, we had authorities permission to conduct such test. So were in the legal limits.

But then he has also posted this video, which is very much on a public road!

Seriously doubt his claims re. being qualified, having secured permission etc.

Sorry as this is actually
Old 24th September 2015, 15:26   #396
BHPian

The Polo GT TSI and Figo AT might have similar BHP numbers, but with a huge gaop in the torque figures, performance wise the Polo GT TSI still seems like it has a great advantage. And when acceleration , especially in gear acceleration counts, I think GT TSI will beat the Figo AT
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:28   #397
BHPian

Quote:
P.s - the motorbeam 0-100 kmph timing for aspire is 9.72 sec!!!! And so the figo is quickest too!!!
The motorbeam article states:
0-100 km/hr: 13.5 seconds (P)
11 seconds (P AT)
9.72 seconds (D)

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/car...-drive-review/

So, definitely not the quickest automatic! But, as a package, it does seem very tempting.

Last edited by ashwin489 : 24th September 2015 at 15:37.
Old 24th September 2015, 15:28   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

May be he was blind to the fact that there was a pedestrian in the Dyanmics (LoL) Test video.

Edit: Interesting to see Polo Vs Figo discussions. 6 years before the Polo was all new and Ford gave the Figo based on the old Fiesta platform. People including me justified the extra cost of the Polo because it's an ALL NEW platform and will cost more than the Figo. After 6 years, the new Figo is here and I wonder if the Polo is really worth the premium NOW?

Last edited by kiku007 : 24th September 2015 at 15:31.
Old 24th September 2015, 16:07   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
11 seconds (P AT)
9.72 seconds (D)
Per this motorbeam article (http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/10/car...-drive-review/) both Polo Tsi and Tdi do 0-100 in a shade over 10 secs. So, while Polo-Tsi is faster than Figo-AT, Figo is quicker to the 100 when it comes to diesels.

It would be awesome to see a quarter mile drag between Figo-AT and Polo-Tsi!

Last edited by Su-47 : 24th September 2015 at 16:08.
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:46   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
11 seconds (P AT)
9.72 seconds (D)

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/car...-drive-review/

So, definitely not the quickest automatic! But, as a package, it does seem very tempting.

My bad I forgot to mention the variant in my comment. For clarification,I mentioned about the diesel variant. It's sub 10 second hatch and also the first mass market to crack a ton in under 10 seconds I believe.

Great work ford - a practical hatch with both FE and performance and choice to pick it whenever needed( manual tranny). Wish,it had given the esp to the diesel variant too.

One query - why esp,tc are all given to only petrol variants given the fact the diesel ones are more powerful than them ? Are those features involve just programming of Ecu or addition of mechanicals? If it's former method,can't we add it aftermarket (like fiddling with vcds type thingy)?

P.s : 1. the reviewer guy mentioned claimed 8.xx seconds for ton in aspire!!
2. How to add smiley in post via iOS app? Where's the option to do so?
Old 24th September 2015, 17:52   #401
BHPian

Quote:
One query - why esp,tc are all given to only petrol variants given the fact the diesel ones are more powerful than them ? Are those features involve just programming of Ecu or addition of mechanicals? If it's former method,can't we add it aftermarket (like fiddling with vcds type thingy)?
Its more related to the automatic transmission, which is offered with a petrol engine by most manufacturers (although this is changing now).
Old 24th September 2015, 18:34   #402
M^3

ZigWheels review is out, albeit a disappointing one !

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/23182/
M^3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 18:35   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Initial Visual Impressions (No Driving Impressions)
I went to Metro Ford on St. Mark's Road to check out the Figo. My heart has been toying with the idea of the Figo AT as a replacement for the Getz, although the purse has challenges of its own! I looked at a Titanium+ Figo display car (MT, not AT).
  • Space: Feels very marginally smaller in the passenger seating area, compared to a Getz. On the other hand, the old Figo felt noticeably smaller. The dimensions are not very different, but the feeling of space in the new Figo is better.
  • Good leg room. I'm 5'7", and when the driver's seat was adjusted for me, I had more than adequate leg room behind the driver.
  • Width feels similar to the Getz, maybe marginally smaller, again. Not a deal-breaker (again, unlike the old Figo, which felt like a step backwards in space).
  • Boot looks smaller than the Getz. Bit of a step backwards for those who need a sizeable boot. I can't compare to the old Figo, but the numbers indicate a 27L difference (257L vs 284L).
  • Plastic quality: better than the EcoSport. My EcoSport has rough edges where the dashboard meets the door, giving it a decidedly "un-premium" feeling. Not so in the Figo twins, it is very well finished. Definite thumbs-up here, and a very promising sign for the EcoSport facelift.
  • Black interiors. Enough said.
  • Glovebox lid feels very heavy. However, when open it does not intrude into the knee area much, so that's good. Glovebox itself seems to be on the smaller side.
  • Lightness of doors - yes, its something you can notice and hear when closing the door. No, its not as bad as I read/feared. I won't feel like I'm in a cheaper car because of that.
  • Brochure touts 'stronger steel' used in critical areas of the car, unlike the 'boron steel' that the Fiesta and EcoSport were advertised as having.
  • The interior has lesser silver/chrome finish compared to the EcoSport (e.g. gear knob, steering wheel are finished in black). This makes the car look better, and less garish.
  • Instrument console: Not as smart looking as the Fiesta and EcoSport.
  • Sync console: The same upgraded console that the Fiesta facelift received in 2014. Looks good. Its a shame that this is reserved for the Titanium+ only, which means the AT comes without Sync.
  • No dead pedal. Damn it, Ford.
  • Appearance: In pictures, I felt the Aspire looked really good, and the rear of the hatchback was only so-so. In person, however, my impression was reversed: the truncated boot of the Aspire was quite obvious (the integration is clean, but the front to rear visual balance is off). On the other hand, the hatchback looks rightly proportioned.
  • ORVM view: ORVM width seems to be narrow. A massive step backward from the brilliant ORVM on the EcoSport, and surprisingly, even worse than the Getz.

Summary: It looks and feels like a worthy replacement for my Getz. I need to do a TD of the AT and diesel for the driving experience.

Last edited by arunphilip : 24th September 2015 at 18:47.
arunphilip is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 18:42   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M^3 View Post
ZigWheels review is out, albeit a disappointing one !

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/23182/
I assume you meant that the quality of the review is disappointing and not the car itself. The review seems to be very positive.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 19:04   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
He seems to have no regards to the general public. He is putting several lives in danger here. Just check the below videos.
Each country has different sorts of roads, somehow I simply do not understand why some drivers repeatedly cling on to the buzzwords of handling, cornering, control etc, why the obsession with European style reviews. For starters there are no roads where one can test proper handling of cars in India, safely. Yes there are a few locations here and there but nothing most may encounter on a daily basis. Secondly one of the videos was very much in a public road where anything can go wrong at any moment, specially given the speed at which the Aspire was being pushed to, even the most experienced rally drivers have had tailspins.

Thirdly handling is a science which begins with the car being made for it, and if one should ask me no FWD car with normal 175 section tyres & built for passenger commute can be great at handling. Yes Ford does make cars that drive well with direct precise steering and good suspension, no doubt about it, but if you speak of handling it doesn't have RWD, no equal body-weight distribution, no handling spec tyres no FMR engine layout etc which the true drivers cars will possess. Ford Figo/Aspire will perform best when driven in relaxed city conditions at 40-50 kmph and should be composed at such speeds, they can also do highway cruising at higher speeds and should be able to handle sudden course corrections without giving a scare, but driving like this on Indian roads? That's just plain risky. The other day I caught a Maruti 800 screeching away at the nick of time before a signal change and having a slight wheel-spin before it disappeared, one might say the 800 did a damn good job, I say that was homicidal driving.

Last edited by dark.knight : 24th September 2015 at 19:05.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks