Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 19:34   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

My dad was looking for a replacement for his 5 year old Chevrolet UVA and wanted to get a compact hatchback for city commuting. Ford had taken out a full page ad in the leading local daily and my dad asked me to go check it out. After confirming with Kairali Ford that they had the car in the showroom, my wife and I went to check the new Figo.

Test drove the diesel car though we were looking for petrol only. The petrol test drive car will come in by Saturday. Nice pickup and light steering make it a sensible city choice. Interiors were not great but nice enough. The pricing though is fantastic. We will probably do a booking tomorrow or day after once we get to drive the car. I think you are getting a lot of car for the money. Definitely a car which is going to do well for Ford.

Here are some pictures that we clicked.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248765-large.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248764-large.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248766-large.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248767-large.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248768-large.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248771-large.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-p9248770-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 20:24   #407
M^3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I assume you meant that the quality of the review is disappointing and not the car itself. The review seems to be very positive.
Of course, it is about the quality of the review

Quotes from the review

1) "Safety aside, the Figo offers a lot on terms of features including, Bluetooth, AUX, USB connectivity, keyless entry, climate control and more"

Frankly, I don't remember seeing keyless entry in the feature list of web-brochure.

2) "Only thing holding it back is that apart fromt the fantastic price, it does not offer anything unique to make it stand out among its established competition like the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Hyundai Grand i10."

Apparently best in class power figures and safety features do not count as differentiation from the rest of the segment. Shows the depth of the author's research.
M^3 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 21:13   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M^3 View Post
Of course, it is about the quality of the review

Quotes from the review

1) "Safety aside, the Figo offers a lot on terms of features including, Bluetooth, AUX, USB connectivity, keyless entry, climate control and more"

Frankly, I don't remember seeing keyless entry in the feature list of web-brochure.

2) "Only thing holding it back is that apart fromt the fantastic price, it does not offer anything unique to make it stand out among its established competition like the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Hyundai Grand i10."

Apparently best in class power figures and safety features do not count as differentiation from the rest of the segment. Shows the depth of the author's research.
. Unfortunately several of the online portals (Not just the car sites) now primarily seem to be focusing on being the first out of the door with reviews. Being first can translate into more page views and clicks which in turn helps business.

Unfortunately in between all this quality and accuracy are compromised.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 00:00   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Quotes from the review

Keyless entry is indeed available in Trend, Titanium and Titanium+ variants as per the brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-figo.png  

HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 07:26   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricelist from Metro Ford, Bangalore.
  • Good to see that the extended warranty for the AT costs the same as the other petrol MTs, despite the engine and gearbox being different.
  • You can get better rates on insurance by directly buying the policy yourself (either from aggregators like Policy Bazaar, or directly from an insurer). Once the car is alloted and registered to you, take the details of the car such as the VIN, engine number, registration date. With these, you can buy your policy online in 15 minutes, and you'll get a cheaper premium and higher IDV than what the dealer offers.
  • Always opt for zero-depreciation cover, it usually pays for itself in your first claim itself.
  • Also, you can argue against the essentials kit (or replace it with accessories you do want), and handling charges (see this thread)
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ford-india-2015-09-sep-figo-pricelist-sep-2015-metro-ford.jpg

Last edited by arunphilip : 25th September 2015 at 07:34.
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 07:36   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Here are some pictures that we clicked.
The pictures are very good..And Smoked Grey looks amazing !!!

It seems that Figo hatch has dark interiors as compared to Figo Sedan which has beige interiors.

And list of winners in the Ford Pack seems to get longer. Way to Go !!!

Last edited by dpkbehera : 25th September 2015 at 07:39.
Old 25th September 2015, 08:59   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

This All New Figo looks very nice compared to the previous Figo.
No offense to the Figo owners, but I always hated the looks of the previous generation Figo which was Quirky to say the least in terms of looks.

I was going through Ford India Website. Figo and All New Figo are listed in parallel.
Will the old Figo go the Old Fiesta way and maybe get a 'classic' tag attached to it?
Excuse me if its already discussed
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 09:17   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Will the old Figo go the Old Fiesta way and maybe get a 'classic' tag attached to it?
Highly unlikely for the following reasons, in my opinion:
  • Look at the starting prices of the old Figo (4.14 and 5.06 lakh) vs the new Figo (4.30 and 5.30 lakh). The difference of 15-25k isn't significant enough to retain the old Figo.
  • The new Figo comes with a base model that is quite stripped down, and good enough to play the role of entry model. There's no need to further under cut it. The old Figo was not exactly feature-laden that Ford could strip it down further to price it more competitively.
  • The Classic and old Figo were the last models that are using the 1.4 TDCi engine. And the old Figo was the only one using the non-TiVCT version of the 1.2 engine. Getting rid of the old Figo will free up engine plant capacity towards the new 1.2 TiVCT, 1.5 TDCi and 1.5 TiVCT. Who knows, this might even result in the localisation of the vaunted 1.0 EcoBoost engine.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:25   #414
M^3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Keyless entry is indeed available in Trend, Titanium and Titanium+ variants as per the brochure.
Thanks HolyDriver. My bad then. I should have checked this again before posting in the forum.

However I could not find the request sensor on the Driver Side Door Handle in any of the pictures. Am I missing something here?

Can anyone who has seen the car in flesh confirm this, please?
Old 25th September 2015, 11:26   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Quote:
Thanks HolyDriver. My bad then. I should have checked this again before posting in the forum.

However I could not find the request sensor on the Driver Side Door Handle in any of the pictures. Am I missing something here?

Can anyone who has seen the car in flesh confirm this, please?
I think the terminology is the confusion. If I am not wrong, Keyless Entry here refers to the 'Remote Lock' or the typical Key with the lock/unlock buttons. So you do not need to insert the key and unlock the car. This is the typical terminology that has been in use for long.

The other 'Keyless Entry' we are talking about refers to the Push Button start feature where the key just needs to be in the pocket. I think this is typically listed as 'Push Button Start' in the feature list and the fact that the entry is keyless and based on the request sensor is assumed.

But when we talk about it in discussions, key-less entry is now typically used for referring to the Push Button Start feature. Hence the confusion.

The Figo/Figo Aspire do not have a Push Button Start feature.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 25th September 2015 at 11:29.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 11:57   #416
BHPian

Wait what, you're telling me that an Indian manufacturer finally paired a 1.5 petrol motor hatch to an automatic tranny? And, the earth didn't stop spinning and come to a grinding halt?

But, surely, the excise-benefits cookie monster must have swallowed Ford's CEO alive? No, again?

Well, okay then, car manufacturers can now stop obsessing about asinine government regulations, and make cars that actually get somewhere and make the user feel something while doing so.

And, I don't see any reason why a potential automatic-hatch buyer should buy a 1.2 Jazz, Brio, Micra, i10 automatic after this. Game changer!
ashwin489 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 11:58   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think the terminology is the confusion. If I am not wrong, Keyless Entry here refers to the 'Remote Lock' or the typical Key with the lock/unlock buttons. So you do not need to insert the key and unlock the car. This is the typical terminology that has been in use for long.

The other 'Keyless Entry' we are talking about refers to the Push Button start feature where the key just needs to be in the pocket. I think this is typically listed as 'Push Button Start' in the feature list and the fact that the entry is keyless and based on the request sensor is assumed.

But when we talk about it in discussions, key-less entry is now typically used for referring to the Push Button Start feature. Hence the confusion.

The Figo/Figo Aspire do not have a Push Button Start feature.
Absolutely correct. Most people mistake the term 'keyless entry' for Push button start/Stop feature. I think manufacturers should use the term 'Remote less' for that and mention keyless entry as open/close with remote buttons feature.

Personally I don't find push button start feature as a must have. I still prefer inserting the key in ignition and starting the car.

Coming back to the Figo, does anyone else has a on road price list for Delhi region?
Old 25th September 2015, 12:15   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
What is being referred here is the classic key-less entry using the remote key. This is present even in the altos The request sensor on the doors + push button is often referred to as key-less entry and go. Hyundai has spoiled us with such features in the budget segment that we are expecting the same from others also. If you notice, key-less entry is a feature of each and every car in market today.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 12:19   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Hasn't Ford announced discontinue of Figo (related thread) a good 3 weeks before the new gen Figo was announced. So Ford has closed the doors of going the 'Classic' way themselves.

I guess the site might continue showing for a month or so until existing stocks (if they still are) are sold. I remember Volkswagen India site listed both models during a facelift of Polo/Vento
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 12:20   #420
BHPian

Ahem, gents?

Key-less entry is just remote locking/unlocking with the key fob. It lets users enter the car without having to put the keys into the lock of the car door, and unlocking it manually. You walk up to the car, press the unlock button on the key fob, and the doors unlock. You then simply enter the car, slot the key into the ignition, turn it and fire up the car.

The other thing, with the push button start, is more commonly known as Keyless-Go. It was developed by Siemens & introduced by Mercedes Benz in the S-Class in the late 90's. This is a bit different than Key-Less entry. Quoting from wiki:

Quote:
The smart key allows the driver to keep the key fob pocketed when unlocking, locking and starting the vehicle. The key is identified via one of several antennas in the car's bodywork and a radio pulse generator in the key housing. Depending on the system, the vehicle is automatically unlocked when a button or sensor on the door handle or trunk release is pressed.

Vehicles with a smart key system can disengage the immobiliser and activate the ignition without inserting a key in the ignition, provided the driver has the key inside the car. On most vehicles, this is done by pressing a starter button or twisting an ignition switch.
So, please do not be bamboozled by manufacturers when they say keyless entry. The are providing you with a key fob that lets you lock/unlock the car remotely. That's it. There isn't any Start/Stop button to speak of in such cases. Pure key-less go is available only in a few select hatches as of now.
sourav9385 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks