Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:43   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Checked out the Ford Figo hatch in a quick 10 min window at Wasan Ford, Chembur, Mumbai.
A 1.2 Petrol Titanium was on display in Sparkling Gold.
Why dont dealers spoil the fun especially while charging extra money. Why are the depot charges different petrol and diesel models.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:11   #527
Senior - BHPian

Anyone above 5 foot 6 inches will have problem at any point of time on the rear bench. If you sit upright, things are okay. I guess anyone around 6 foot will have problem sitting upright too. Ford has messed up with headroom while increasing legroom. I can't think of how much Ford has saved omitting adjustable headrests!

Low speed ride is firm, but not jarring. Was disappointed by tyre noise. I guess better tyres will solve the problem.

Last edited by fz_rider : 2nd October 2015 at 22:13.
Old 2nd October 2015, 22:41   #528
BHPian

Checked one out yesterday, contrary to the notion I found the headroom to be fine considering I'm 5'10" and my dad is 6 feet tall nut yes I Totally agree that the headrest plays a spoil sport. In fact this was the case with earlier Figo as well where in a few people found head room to be slightly limited and unajustable rear seat headrests were just as useless.

I some how liked the car for what it is but dad kept on mumbling about how the zest is more refined, has awesome ride quality, much better built, classier interiors, more space, better gear shift and so on, all of which I have to admit are correct.

If one is looking for a good looking, fun to drive diesel hatchback at reasonable price, then this is it notwithstanding the slightly hard/rubbery gearshift. But if one is looking for an over all better hatchback then Polo or I 20 are still the best.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 2nd October 2015 at 22:43.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 16:33   #529
BHPian

Almost convinced myself that titanium 1.5 diesel is what I should go for but getting disheartened by the lack of a proper MFD. I have an EcoSport Titanium as well in the family so can't quite fathom why the ICE/MFD should be different from the Titanium+ trim in Figo. EcoSport doesn't have this differentiation.

Regards.

P. S - is it possible to insert a rear-seat hand-rest as an after-market job without running the risk of voiding warranty?
Old 3rd October 2015, 20:00   #530
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
P. S - is it possible to insert a rear-seat hand-rest as an after-market job without running the risk of voiding warranty?
Dear dtox, adding rear sear armrest won't void warranty. There is one guy who does that in Kolenchery. If you want I can PM his number.
Old 3rd October 2015, 22:34   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I test drove DCT today, I have come out with mixed reaction.
@ AtheK - at which dealership in Bangalore is the TD vehicle available? I'm in constant touch with the Metro Ford folks and they claim the vehicles should come out by the mid of next week. They told the same last weekend as well.

Eagerly waiting for the teambhp official review of the new Figo to make a booking.

Hope it's not going to get a little delayed like the Aspire.

Downgrading from the Vento 1.6 TDI this car ticks most of my requirements, thank heavens I sold it ( due to some personal maintenance issues) a month before the VW saga rolled out . I'm mainly looking at some decent power to cater my desire for it & good fuel economy figures since my daily commute would be approximately 60kms.

Some reviewers claiming 0 - 100 kmph within 10 seconds, doesn't get better than this. Being an user of an 1.4L TDCi engine in the past I absolutely trust the new 1.5L TDCi engine with eyes closed.
Old 3rd October 2015, 23:27   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
@ AtheK - at which dealership in Bangalore is the TD vehicle available? I'm in constant touch with the Metro Ford folks and they claim the vehicles should come out by the mid of next week. They told the same last weekend as well.
Elite ford at Marathalli.

Also posting this here as well i think as it might help prospective buyers.

Disclaimer: This is my second car and will be used primarily by me for my office home commute, the family car duties will be carried on by Honda City.

I am currently looking either for Figo AT(Titanium) or Zest XTA, so let me put it as a comparison.

So went to the showroom today was received well, had two SA with me all the time. Even during the TD explaining me all about the features, and answering all my queries. Figo SA in comparison was not too sure about the car, but that is ok as they told me he is new. THe general response in Tata showroom was much better then in Ford.

When i took the TD of figo the SA asked me to take a U turn just after hardly 700-800 mts of test drive, it is a different story that i took it straight and only returned after clocking in 4 kms. The SA was annoying as he kept telling me to take a U turn where ever possible, In Tata the guy never asked me to take any turns or told me if there is a predefined route for TD, he said "aapko jaise chalana hai chalao, jahan le jana hai le jao". Drove for a good 20 mins for around 9-10 kms.

Now the TD:

Let's get the obvious out of the way, AMT is no way close to DCT, the engine in Figo is much more refined. Though it is a bit lethargic to shift gears, it is eager to be revved and responds well in S mode. D mode is ordinary. Over all a smooth petrol engine. Coming to Zest, the Diesel engine is surprisingly well insulated from outside. Very less sound filters inside the cabin. The Engine is decent but AMT box has it's own shortcomings, just pedal the accelerator and entire logic of what gear to chose goes to a toss. The upshifts of gears when you are driving aggressively are easily noticed. Switch to moderate sedate city driving and the engine shines, it smoothly builds the torque and runs well without any drama. This car is always gonna be driven in city i have no thoughts of taking it out to Highway so i guess i will live with it and it should suit me well.

Mileage claimed by the SA was 17 kmpl with AC on as per the feedback received by the customers, i guess i can assume 15 at least. Figo on the other hand is expected to deliver around 11-12 with AC on. This again gives a huge benefit to zest as it is diesel plus better mileage, cheaper running cost. I am going to be travelling almost 60-65 kms a day, in maddening bangalore traffic.

Zest is matching Figo almost feature by feature but some more advantages:

1. Projector Headlamps
2. DRLS and LED tail lamps looks great.
3. Touch screen music system by Harmon Kardon with 4 speakers and 4 tweeters, and it sounds really nice, i guess i just need to add a sub. SD card reader.
4. 15 Inch tyres vs 14 Inches, guess will result in better road grip.
5. Cabin is more spacious. Back seat is much more spacious and comfortable as per wife.
6. AC controls are on touch screen, though with ACC on both, the dial will hardly be touched and constantly set at 24 degree.
7. I found Zest AC to be much better, but could be due to the weather as it was hot yesterday and cloudy today.
8. Voice control.

Figo Over Zest.

1. Smooth engine (But then again Petrol will always be smoother then diesel).
2. Much Better Transmission.
3. Traction Control
4, Hill launch Assist( though i hardly doubt if this will ever be used)
5. Power folding OVRM(great for bangalore)

Price.

Figo
7.05 Lacs Ex Showroom for Figo. Obviously no discounts and nothing Extra.
I think 6k For third year extended warranty, have to check.

Zest
8.25 lacs Ex Showroom. 15,000 Discount for month of october, Some scratch card scheme, 2k Discount Min and corporate discount. I think i can get them to 8 Lacs Ex showroom.
There is extended warranty here also extendable to 4 Years.
They have Gold AMC pack for around 11k, and all services for next two years will be free, no cost for consumables also. Need to see if we can get for 4 years, that will mean no cost of maintenance for next 4 years.

Over all getting extremely tough to justify buying a figo over zest for the intended purpose of the car.
AtheK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 01:27   #533
BHPian

Finally had a TD of the new Figo at Talera Ford, Yerawada. Had not heard too good a things about Talera Ford yet so went there expecting the worse. Was pleasantly surprised with the service though. Considering this as the sole Ford dealer in Pune (Sai Sakshi is in PCMC and Planet Ford officially discontinued according to Ford customer care) rush was expected. There sure was, plenty of it.

Still was greeted by an SA at the reception counter who stayed with us for all the length of time we were there. around 1.5 - 2H. SA was knowledgeable and understanding too. He knew when to give us space to check out the car and when to be there to answer any and all of our queries. Overall, was quite happy with the service of Talera Ford, I must say. Had a good test drive with a mix of traffic and open stretches. SA on noticing how I was enjoying the drive, encouraged me to take longer test drive.

Speaking of the car, here are a few points that I would like to point out

+ Absolutely loved the 1.5 TDCi
+ Power delivery is very linear and is available much earlier too, somewhere around 1600 to 2800 rpm.
+ Very drivable and maneuverable through the traffic and pulls like a boss on open stretches.
+ Not to forget, FE of 25kmpl+
+ NVH is very well contained with hardly any of the engine noise filtering through.
+ Suspension is comfortable too, potholes were duly filtered
+ Steering is light (compared to old Figo) but definitely not Wagon R light. Weighed up nicely too. At no point did I felt it is vague, always makes you feel in control.
+ Gear throw is short but a little rubbery
+ A good driving position is easily achieved with the height adjuster, this wifey too liked very much.
+ Legroom at front and rear was good. My parents being less than 5.5 ft. it was more than sufficient for them.
+ Liked the phone dock on Titanium and Trend variant better than the Titanium+ MID.
+ Braking was assuring as had to aggressively brake to avoid a driving-with-a-death-warrant two wheeler
+ Good well designed storage pockets

- Headroom though is strictly average. Though it will not make you completely claustrophobic, but can make you a little uncomfortable for sure.
- Boot space seems to have dropped considerably, compared to old Figo. There was an old Figo too in the showroom and a direct comparison was possible. I wonder if it's really 257 lt. as claimed. Seems smaller.
- ORVM are terrible. The weird shape and small size makes the rear view very limited and are not confidence inspiring.
- IRVM is also in the category, needs improvement. Though, it's much better than Aspire, still not at par, is what I feel.
- Should at least have parking sensors for Titanium variant.
- Rear fixed headrest can make it a little uncomfortable for taller passengers. For my parents and wife, it was perfect. But considering, it's more of a safety feature (to avoid whiplash in rear crash) than comfort feature, it should have been adjustable ( at least in Titanium variant)

Other points:
~ SA told me that Trend+ variant is promoted by Talera ford is not from Ford per se. Which I didn't buy, obviously.
~ He said only thing additional in Trend+ is the alloy wheels, nothing else.
~ There was no discount whatsover, zilch! Not even corporate discount. SA said, they are not even giving employee discounts.
~ It was okay to buy insurance from outside. Is it advisable, or should I go with them only?

There are some areas of improvement no doubt, but considering the good sensible pricing by Ford, I think this car is going to be a hit.

Overall, loved the car.

Here is a price list for Pune, from Talera Ford. Has anyone visited Sai Sakshi Ford. How was the experience? Is there any difference in the pricing between the 2 dealers (hopefully not)?

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ford_figo_pricelist_pune.jpg
teemus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 12:35   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

My email to Ford asking them to confirm over email (and not verbally) that they have authorized their dealerships to collect the logistics and freight amount has gone ignored. Looks like the company is hand in glove with the dealers. Disappointed really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Other points:
~ SA told me that Trend+ variant is promoted by Talera ford is not from Ford per se. Which I didn't buy, obviously.
~ He said only thing additional in Trend+ is the alloy wheels, nothing else.
A dealer in Kerala told me the same thing, the Trend + variant is by the dealership and not the company though the differences were alloy wheels and a chrome grill.
Old 4th October 2015, 17:12   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
My email to Ford asking them to confirm over email (and not verbally) that they have authorized their dealerships to collect the logistics and freight amount has gone ignored. Looks like the company is hand in glove with the dealers. Disappointed really.
Put it on social media like twitter and Facebook. They will relent on these illegal practice.
Old 4th October 2015, 17:52   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Put it on social media like twitter and Facebook. They will relent on these illegal practice.
I did something alone those lines when I had an issue with Samsung.

All of my posts on their Facebook page would get deleted within a matter of few seconds, since these corporations have the marketing budget to hire hundreds of pencil pushers to weed out negative comments.

Disclaimer: I am not really that social media-savvy.
Old 4th October 2015, 18:36   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
I did something alone those lines when I had an issue with Samsung.

All of my posts on their Facebook page would get deleted within a matter of few seconds, since these corporations have the marketing budget to hire hundreds of pencil pushers to weed out negative comments.

Disclaimer: I am not really that social media-savvy.
I have been able to bring a few e commerce companies and ford also to talking table via twitter whereas they did not bother about customer service otherwise.
Old 4th October 2015, 22:20   #538
BHPian

Had a look at the figo yesterday. Checked head room difference between the figo and aspire and found the reason for the mixed feedback from many about the rear headroom.
The reason for the confusion is two fold
1. The fixed vs adjustable head rests. The fixed head rests forces us to lean back to rest our heads and in doing so we go outside the inside roof contour of the figo
2. The slightly changeg roof profile on the insdie of the figo which suddenly dips down at the level of the back seat rest.

So when you sit with your head straight you have enough head room but when you lean back on the head rest your head is very close to the dip in teh roof.

The people behind figo have made a small blunder in not giving adjustable head rests because head room can definitely be a decision maker for some prospective buyers.
Most probably ford will give adjustable headrests in future versions of this car.
-NUT-case is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 09:48   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
The reason for the confusion is two fold
1. The fixed vs adjustable head rests. The fixed head rests forces us to lean back to rest our heads and in doing so we go outside the inside roof contour of the figo
2. The slightly changeg roof profile on the insdie of the figo which suddenly dips down at the level of the back seat rest.

So when you sit with your head straight you have enough head room but when you lean back on the head rest your head is very close to the dip in teh roof.

The people behind figo have made a small blunder in not giving adjustable head rests because head room can definitely be a decision maker for some prospective buyers.
Nice observation and conclusion regarding the perception of less height in Figo compared to Asprie, I agree!

As I said earlier, even though I would very much like the adjustable headrests for safety, still I am overlooking this shortcoming as the current headrests were comfortable for my parents. They are ones who would be occupying the rear bench for most of the time. Also, I did not find it too uncomfortable, but yes head was very close to the roof when rested.

Just to put it in perspective, I checked out Jazz too last weekend, the seat-back was much shorter in height and I had to slide forward to rest my head on the non-adjustable headrest. This was not the case with Figo.

I had another question though, has anyone checked out black color of Figo? Is black difficult to maintain than say white or grey? Wifey is insisting on black color, but for some reason I feel it will be difficult to maintain. Is it truly the case? Need opinions and/or suggestions.
Old 5th October 2015, 10:13   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I had another question though, has anyone checked out black color of Figo? Is black difficult to maintain than say white or grey? Wifey is insisting on black color, but for some reason I feel it will be difficult to maintain. Is it truly the case? Need opinions and/or suggestions.
IMHO buy a colour that you like. If you like black, buy black. I have owned black and white cars, and I have not found any difference in maintaining both colours.

All colours require regular washing and basic waxing to make it look squeaky clean.
ashwin489 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks