Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 00:54   #601
BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
Folks,
Does anyone know if the Figo Automatic is actually available for purchase? My dad tried to make a booking in Goa, but the dealer said that they have no ETA on it.
Thanks.
Yes. Its available. When I enquired about it, one of the dealers in Bangalore (Cauvery Ford) actually has two of them in stock. There is a minimum waiting period of 2 months for automatic variant when compared to the manual variants.
Old 22nd October 2015, 01:35   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Awesome! Hearty Congratulations !
Which model/colour have you opted for?
1.5 Diesel, TREND.

White colour.

Also BTW have planned to upgrade the wheels & tyres to 15"ers & the rims have arrived, check here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3830238

karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:17   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1.5 Diesel, TREND.

White colour.

Also BTW have planned to upgrade the wheels & tyres to 15"ers & the rims have arrived, check here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3830238

Wow Karan the alloys look awesome. I think they will look great on a white car. Great choice. Which tyres do you plan to buy?
Do post snaps when it is installed. When is the ETD of your car? All the best.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 09:10   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
There is one other thing that I have to check without fail tomorrow is the toolkit in the car.

The details I got from the VIN number shows "Less Tyre Repair Service Kit"
Does that mean there is no toolkit in the car? I don't know how I forgot to check this point; maybe I was too overwhelmed on seeing the car in flesh.
'Tyre service repair kit' is not the regular 'tool kit'. In markets where a particular model is sold without a spare tyre, a 'tyre service repair kit' is provided to assist in case a puncture occurs. This has a tyre inflator and a few other bits.

I think this should be the case as it is the same with our JDM Swift.

Do confirm anyway as part of the PDI that your regular tool kit is present in the vehicle.

Congratulations!!
Viju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:31   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Wow Karan the alloys look awesome. I think they will look great on a white car. Great choice. Which tyres do you plan to buy?
Do post snaps when it is installed. When is the ETD of your car? All the best.
Leaving for the stockyard shortly, will post pics by afternoon

Regarding tyres, il be upsizing to 195/55 R15 which is the EU spec tyre for the Figo/Ka. It will be Continental Max Contact 5
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:07   #606

Regarding query on 1.5 Petrol automatic. I have booked AT in chennai ford. SA told me we have to wait till december for the vehicle to be available. Instead of waiting for 2015 model, i had booked them 2016 model. Hoping to wait another 1 more month.
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:28   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Just took delivery from the stockyard;

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445500692.754692.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445500724.905099.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 22nd October 2015 at 13:31.
karan561 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:07   #608
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1429885

Attachment 1429886

Congrats karan
Waiting for the alloys to go on!
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 15:17   #609
BHPian

Many congratulations @karan561 on the drive. Planning to book a TDCi Tit smoke grey this weekend .

Do post the pics along with the new alloys. If feasible try to capture a few shots parking besides the Swift and Grand i10. Just want to see the stance of the Figo alongside the direct competitors.

I'm sorry if I missed earlier but did you get any freebies like waiving off the handling charges, free extended warranty etc and how many days were taken for the delivery?

Last edited by Hammy : 22nd October 2015 at 15:20.
Hammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:10   #610
BHPian

Earlier this week, my brother booked the car with Harpreet Ford Delhi. At first they were adamant on continuing with the handling charges (INR 6250) , however after escalating to Ford, they decided to drop these.
However, the sales person from Harpreet Ford was still trying to fleece him on accessories by inflating the official prices of all of them when compared to MRP given by Ford on their website and thus there was growing mistrust with Harpreet Ford. All this with no line of sight of actual delivery timescales of the vehicle.

My brother then gets a counter offer from a salesperson at Delhi Ford, who in addition to waiving off the handling charges also offered a small discount. Moreover their accessories price list also matched the one at Ford’s website. They even had the car available in the choosen color at their yard and were promising delivery as soon as the loan formalities could complete.
Everything seemed positive, my brother cancelled his booking with Harpreet Ford today and went to sign the dotted line with Delhi Ford. Surprise surprise! The salesman at Delhi Ford goes back from his commitment and now bluntly denies waiving off the handling charges!!

All this has left him with a very bad taste and he’s now reconsidering his decision to purchase Ford.

An excellent product by Ford let down by shoddy dealership practices!
Mr M R K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:19   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Congrats karan
Waiting for the alloys to go on!
Thanks, will be putting them on tomorrow evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
Many congratulations @karan561 on the drive. Planning to book a TDCi Tit smoke grey this weekend .

Do post the pics along with the new alloys. If feasible try to capture a few shots parking besides the Swift and Grand i10. Just want to see the stance of the Figo alongside the direct competitors.

I'm sorry if I missed earlier but did you get any freebies like waiving off the handling charges, free extended warranty etc and how many days were taken for the delivery?
Thanks, all the best for your booking

I got to do my own insurance which saved me aprox 12k INR & i got the extended warranty worth aprox 6k INR free.

Got the car in around 10 days after booking
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:52   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M R K View Post
Earlier this week, my brother booked the car with Harpreet Ford Delhi. At first they were adamant on continuing with the handling charges (INR 6250) , however after escalating to Ford, they decided to drop these.
However, the sales person from Harpreet Ford was still trying to fleece him on accessories by inflating the official prices of all of them when compared to MRP given by Ford on their website and thus there was growing mistrust with Harpreet Ford. All this with no line of sight of actual delivery timescales of the vehicle.

My brother then gets a counter offer from a salesperson at Delhi Ford, who in addition to waiving off the handling charges also offered a small discount. Moreover their accessories price list also matched the one at Ford’s website. They even had the car available in the choosen color at their yard and were promising delivery as soon as the loan formalities could complete.
Everything seemed positive, my brother cancelled his booking with Harpreet Ford today and went to sign the dotted line with Delhi Ford. Surprise surprise! The salesman at Delhi Ford goes back from his commitment and now bluntly denies waiving off the handling charges!!

All this has left him with a very bad taste and he’s now reconsidering his decision to purchase Ford.

An excellent product by Ford let down by shoddy dealership practices!
Sorry to hear about this. I too booked my car from Harpreet Ford and hopefully taking delivery tomorrow.

The same thing happened with me regarding the logistic charges. I contacted Ford, and got an immediate call from Ford Chennai. I was assured that I don't have to pay for logistic charges. But sales manager at Harpreet ford, tried to convince me, but I stood my ground and they agreed to waive off.

Regarding the prices of accessories, they did not quote anything in excess of what is mentioned on Ford website. But the prices are costlier compared to aftermarket. For eg rear view camera is quoted at 12000 INR. We could get xeons for 8000 which is far better than the company fitted one.

If I were in your place, I would have either contacted Ford India, cause they are being very very responsive, or I would not have taken any accessories from the showroom.
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:54   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
For the reverse sensor, the ford site does state that they can be painted body colour. They will charge u extra for it but they should do it. Since I have booked the Aspire Ambinete, I have to get the orvms and door handles painted, for which they have quoted 2000.
Quote:
Congratulations!!

What color are the reverse sensors anyway? I have booked a Tuxedo Black Figo 1.5D and am planning to install the reverse sensors too, if they are black, I am good else will have to inform the SA to get it painted.

Did the SA provide the Engine and Chasis number; or just VIN number? Please refer to the post below.

The sensors are matte black in color.
Its kind of a good finish for a black car.

I did ask the dealership whether they will do it for extra charge , for which they replied negatively and added that the sensors are never painted.

With regards to the VIN number I git the following reply from the dealer
Quote:
Dear Sir,
Please find the following attachments.
The VIN no.(Engine No.) and Chassis no.
are same in Ford .

Quote:
My car has arrived at the stockyard of dealear and did a detailed PDI according to TBHP checklist today. Everything looks good for tomorrow's delivery!

It's certain that I will not get the registration number tomorrow (due to holiday) and perhaps not even on Friday. Will it be okay to drive around within the city on weekend?
The temporary number plates are good enough with a strict radius.
Hoping to see the pics soon!
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 18:23   #614
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1429885

Attachment 1429886

Congrats Karan. Wish you a wonderful ownership experience.

The car looks nice in white as the proportions accentuate. Looking forward to further snaps.

Cheers.
Old 22nd October 2015, 18:42   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
Sorry to hear about this. I too booked my car from Harpreet Ford and hopefully taking delivery tomorrow.

The same thing happened with me regarding the logistic charges. I contacted Ford, and got an immediate call from Ford Chennai. I was assured that I don't have to pay for logistic charges. But sales manager at Harpreet ford, tried to convince me, but I stood my ground and they agreed to waive off.

Regarding the prices of accessories, they did not quote anything in excess of what is mentioned on Ford website. But the prices are costlier compared to aftermarket. For eg rear view camera is quoted at 12000 INR. We could get xeons for 8000 which is far better than the company fitted one.

If I were in your place, I would have either contacted Ford India, cause they are being very very responsive, or I would not have taken any accessories from the showroom.
Thanks, and congratulations on your purchase! Which Harpreet Ford dealer have you booked your car with? The one in Prashant Vihar have a shrewd take it or leave it attitude.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks