Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 01:57   #706

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

I am getting my new 1.5 TDCI Titanium on Friday.. All excited !!!

By the way, can somebody recommend good mats ? I have 3D Kagu for my Honda City and they have lasted a lifetime
Old 5th November 2015, 10:23   #707
BHPian

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Given the launch of Abarth and impending GTi, Ford should do something like a Figo ST/ Cosworth with the 1.5L-EcoBoost and mate it to DCT. Now, that would be PERFECT.

At the least , the 1.0 L eco boost with dct and a manual tranny can be a welcome first step before going for the 1.5L ecoboost option.
The former engine with all wheel discs,handling of the old figo can give a serious competition to abarth atleast in our traffic congested highways.
IMHO, the 1.5L EB would be an overkill given the current flimsier body and handling of the figo when compared to the punto's and polo's.

Last edited by printh : 5th November 2015 at 10:24.
Old 5th November 2015, 11:58   #708

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead, also wait for moderator approval for post to be seen. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I had been to Ford on Saturday and was told the ABS is only available on the Titanium and not on any other models, however another showroom said that Trend+ did have ABS.
Is there any way I can validate the information, the brochure also did not mention ABS.
The ABS is available in Titanium and Titanium +. In fact I was told in one showroom that the Aspire titanium does not have ABS while the Figo titanium does (This is not true off course as later another sales guy confirmed that all Titaniums of both Figo and aspire have ABS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
And the rims are on

^ The FIGO now needs an RS Badge
Totally awesome . It gives the car a whole new styling. Congratulations

Dont know why FORD did not see through the poor styling of its stock alloys. If not for those small wheels with poor looking alloys of the Figo, Figo would have been my hatchback of choice. In any case, the new Suzuki Baleno has also come up with very poor looking alloys, so competition is not better either. Alloys seem to be just a 'tick on the check-list' for India manufacturers.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th November 2015 at 12:50. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
SMindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 23:19   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

Indeed it's confirmed that Planet Ford has lost it's dealership. I had called up Ford Customer Care and they listed only 2 dealers in Pune, Talera Ford and Sai Sakshi Ford. Same is confirmed by the full page ad in a local daily today.

If anyone is planning for a Ford vehicle in Pune, please avoid Planet Ford.

The new dealer beside Sayaji Hotel is Sai Sakshi if I am not mistaken. .
Well looks like Planet ford is still having the dealership. Please see the email I got from Ford last night.
I too have good experience with Planet ford. I prefer traveling more than 25 Kms to service my car there, even though Talera ford is just 4 kms from my place - I don't trust Talera ford. Have had very bad experiences with them earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-ford.jpg  

Last edited by trave11er : 6th November 2015 at 23:20.
trave11er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 12:55   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Well looks like Planet ford is still having the dealership. Please see the email I got from Ford last night.
I too have good experience with Planet ford. I prefer traveling more than 25 Kms to service my car there, even though Talera ford is just 4 kms from my place - I don't trust Talera ford. Have had very bad experiences with them earlier.
Thank you for the update. I just called up Planet Ford. They are still in business and I have order brake callipers for my Figo.

Management has changes & they have started taking spare part orders which were halted last month due to financial crisis.

It's my 2nd Ford car now and always go to Planet Ford only. So its a big sigh of relief for me.
Old 7th November 2015, 13:22   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
I don't trust Talera ford. Have had very bad experiences with them earlier.
Would you mind sharing your experience? I am planning to buy a Ford in the near future and Talera Ford is very convenient for me (Sales & Service).
Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 14:23   #712
BHPian

And the Figo has arrived...
Wasan Ford, Chembur , Mumbai did a great job (they deserved the credit).

First drive was Mumbai - Karjat.
Good :- Ride, Handling, comfort & well rounded package.
Bad :- power, power, power... (Diesel Figo or the 1.5 DCT is for the power guys / ladies)
(But my grandparents loved their new car and gave aa full thumbs-up)

I would refer Figo anyday.
Absolutely loved the car.

Full report with my opinions coming coming soon in 12 days...

Apologies for the phone pictures
Fuel economy shown is before the run-in period.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886136723.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886185720.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886205259.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886225540.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886275470.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886289160.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886303692.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886317670.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886329510.jpg  

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-1446886349060.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 7th November 2015 at 14:42.
johannskaria is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 14:30   #713
Senior - BHPian

Congrats johannskaria

The car looks good in this colour.
However, the space where the Tacho should have been looks like a sore thumb.

What was your average for the trip?
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 17:22   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Been driving the car often now & not really happy with the FE. Since the cars delivery it has done approximately 400 kms out of which 30% is highway runs & rest 70% is city & local short runs. The FE recorded so far is just 12.6 km/l.
Really hoping this to get better after 2k kms.
Old 7th November 2015, 20:48   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Would you mind sharing your experience? I am planning to buy a Ford in the near future and Talera Ford is very convenient for me (Sales & Service).
Thanks
I have been dealing with these guys for more than 5 years, until last year, when I finally decided to go ahead with finalizing Planet ford for regular servicing.
There are many issues I faced and mainly lost trust when my car's extended warranty was about to expire. I had left my car for regular servicing when my car's warranty was valid for 10-12 more days.
After the servicing, my AC stopped working. I checked with them about this, and they mentioned that some part is damaged (I don't really remember which part they said then). I doubt, that my cars original part was replaced with a fulty
one. Reason for thinking this way?Well
1) My car's warranty was about to expire shorty
2) My car was serviced 3 days prior to this, and everything was working perfectly fine before servicing.
3) When I told them that I'll be buying the extended 4th year warranty from Ford, the SA updated this fault in the job card. Thus, Ford mentioned that this will not be covered in the extended warranty. I doubt this was deliberate attempt, to hide the details about the new part no (the one replaced from my car), as Ford would have the record of my original part and would come to know about this replacement.
4) And MOST important, they offered me to put a working part in my car, from some other damaged/accident car, for lesser amount. This clearly indicates that these kind of things are happening.

Also, there are many minor things like. whenever something does not work, they say that entire part needs to be replaced, whereas Planet ford guys repaired the same part.
Overall, I don't have the confidence to leave my car with Talera guys.

Again, this is my personal experience, you may judge them as per your experiences.

Last edited by trave11er : 7th November 2015 at 20:52.
Old 8th November 2015, 00:41   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Congrats johannskaria

The car looks good in this colour.
However, the space where the Tacho should have been looks like a sore thumb.

What was your average for the trip?
I do agree on the tacho front, but was the casualty of the budget!
But if you over look that and look at it as a package then the story is different.

The average F.E for my petrol car is 9.5kmpl as per the rip meter. (During run-in period)
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 02:01   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

I TD'ed Figo AT once again and Polo GT one after the other, even though on paper they use same tech and figo has higher power, in sheer driving pleasure it is atleast 50% behind of polo. Wherein polo puts a broad smile on your face, figo just feels like another AT. So wish it was a little more better would have definitely booked it, but after driving the polo i don't think any other Hatch in AT will win me over!!
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 15:38   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

The wheels cost aprox 29k INR + Fitting charges & tyres aprox 5400/piece. Regarding old tyres/wheels I'm yet to make payment as currently my tyre guy is working on the difference amount i have to pay, but im expecting to get aprox 2900/ tyre for the old ones & aprox 1k/ wheel.

Shall keep you posted
Did you make the final settlement. Want to understand how much can be expected for new rims with wheel caps for any car and how can discounting they do on new to be exchanged tyres compared to their selling price.

Last edited by dipen : 8th November 2015 at 15:46.
Old 8th November 2015, 17:09   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Did you make the final settlement. Want to understand how much can be expected for new rims with wheel caps for any car and how can discounting they do on new to be exchanged tyres compared to their selling price.
What i got was aprox 1100/wheel (which included INR 100 for the wheel caps though )

Tyres as i had got MRF i got only INR 2900/tyre, so that was the final settlement
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 03:04   #720
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Our Figo Review has been taken live at this link.

Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed