Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 15:11   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Mod Note: Our Figo Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

The guys at Autocar Professional report exclusively, via their sources, that Ford's Ka Concept (codenamed B562), which was unveiled by Ford in Brazil last year, will be showcased at the Auto Expo next month.

It is also projected for a mid-2015 launch and is touted to be the second small car in Ford India's portfolio. It will either replace the current-gen Figo, or be positioned higher than the Figo to take on the premium segment hatches such as the Honda Jazz and the Hyundai i20.

Quote:
According to two reliable industry sources associated with this project, though the model is currently under development, it will break cover at the Auto Expo next month while the model will be readied and launched later.

“Besides being the second small car for Ford in India, the model is also said to be crucial for Ford’s global product strategy as the company plans to export the model in good volumes in near future just like the EcoSport,” added an industry insider on the condition of anonymity. Sources say that Ford’s B platform can give birth to a bunch of new models with applications in India as well as abroad, which is in-line with company’s One Ford plan.
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-newfordkaconcept.jpg

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-newfordkaconceptrearquarters.jpg

SOURCE - http://autocarpro.in/contents/NewsDe...=1&NewsID=3168 (via IAB)

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th November 2015 at 03:03. Reason: Linking to Figo official review.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 15:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

This should be an ideal replacement for the aging Figo, it carries the same design philosophy of the Mondeo, Fiesta and Ecosport.
Bring it in Ford and price it sensibly and you will have another good seller in your portfolio.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 15:31   #3
BANNED

This is what I put my money on. A sub-4 meter sedan to take on the Amaze and the Dzire
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-autoesporte2013fordkasedan.jpg  

HyperRetard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 15:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The guys at Autocar Professional report exclusively, via their sources, that Ford's Ka Concept (codenamed B562), which was unveiled by Ford in Brazil last year, will be showcased at the Auto Expo next month...
That's quite a beautiful looking hatch! I think 2015 is going to be an exciting year and the era of beautiful cars are all set to start in India. Just that one or two of them had to set the standards for others to think & act!!

This car easily looks premium with it's design. Hope they match the equipment / interior quality & engine options to justify the tag!

Edit:: I am awaiting another true (all round) driver's car for my Swift's replacement (upgrade).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th January 2014 at 15:53.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 16:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Don't know who copied from the other but the rear definitely looks similar to Grand i10. A little bit of tweaking should help.

But otherwise, a very nice looking car!
blue_pulsar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 16:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Don't know who copied from the other but the rear definitely looks similar to Grand i10. A little bit of tweaking should help.

But otherwise, a very nice looking car!
Yes - the rear does look a bit like the Grand i10 (and shades of Fiat at the grille) . But nice looking all the same.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 16:36   #7
BHPian

My brother had mentioned about B562 by ford for India and he is presently a part of project team involved in designing dashboard, door latches, mirrors etc.
Sudhindra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 19:59   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

A video showcasing the presentation of the 2014 Ka Concept, courtesy BlogAuto Brazil. The Aston Martin-esque front and the aggressive headlamps look great!

SOURCE - WorldCarFans

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2014 at 15:03. Reason: Just the youtube url does the trick (nothing else required) :)
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 20:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Now that's a really really nice looking hatch ! Would be great to see her replace the older Figo
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 21:54   #10
BANNED

When viewed from the front, I can see an Aston Martin (Grille design) and a Fluidic Verna (Headlamps).

After a long long time I am seeing a good looking hatchback, Swift was it for me IMO and this could be the next. I hope they get rid of that hood crease (mimicking a hood scoop).

Overall if this car lands with the 1.4 TDCi then the Swift can be in trouble, IF the features are pricing are got right.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 09:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice clean styling on the hatch but quirky on the sedan - a la Maruti?
Nevertheless, welcome! I am hoping they launch it here (with AT as well)!
Old 21st January 2014, 13:43   #12
BHPian

Clear neutral design with neat lines and creases that easily impresses anyone in the first look. Although I would love it more if the waistline running alongside the door handles could have continued all along into the tail lamp and extending into the boot line instead of having a separate boot line on top of the waistline. Nevertheless, not a spoilsport. A looker indeed!
Old 21st January 2014, 18:55   #13
BHPian

Yes looks pretty neat. And is a potential replacement for most of us, who already have a 4-5 year old swift, Figo, Punto etc.
It is indeed no nonsense, please all design. (Like the Polo maybe)
Hope the following remain the same as the earlier Figo
- Drives as well
- Tyres atleast as wide
- Rides as well
- Music system
- Ride height (Worth all those scrapes if it handles so well)
- Mid and Top end grunt
- AC
- similar capacity diesel engine

Improvements needed
- Make it a little lighter for heaven's sake. Jazz is an example for material quality, safety, and lightness all in one. You dont have to make a car so heavy, to make it safer
- A less noisy diesel engine (Need an upgrade, the engine now is very workman like, and is a few years behind competition)
- Better engine options on the Petrol. (A turbo petrol is most welcome, and the current petrol lacks low end and does not gel well with the 160 cc compressor)
- Frontal airbags as standard
- Slightly better interiors. The current ones seem to be adding to the overall weight of the car. (But no complains on how the music sounds. There are better lighter acoustic materials available which will maintain a balance, I guess)
- And have to price it right. With all the improvements, guess, this will be another Polo, but will only sell if priced lower than the Polo.

And, why is it called the Ka concept? I feel, this is just another car for the year 2014.
Old 22nd January 2014, 02:21   #14
BHPian

I expect to see at least the 1.5TDCi engine, generating 90BHP, in the Ford Ka. Why would Ford replace the Figo which is a successful model? Most likely it might be launched at a segment higher than the Figo and its worth going for it provided the interiors are good and we do get the 1.5TDCi engine. Having had a look at the European Ka I am really not sure if the rear room leg space and boot are going to be as spacious as the current generation Figo. Of course I have absolutely no idea if this vehicle is the same as that of the European Ka.

More details here

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Ka
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

The design might be nice and clean but looks a tad boring to me - there are some elements of Nissan Micra from the front and side and Grand I10 at the back. It does not stand out in the crowd at all. If Ford wants to play in the premium hatchback segment with this offering, it will find it tough with the likes of Polo, new Jazz, I20 etc. Even the nearly decade old Swift looks better than this.If they want to play in the B segment with this, as a replacement for the ageing Figo, it might taste success.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed