Team-BHP - Chevrolet SRV Launced
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet SRV Launced (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14696-chevrolet-srv-launced-4.html)

There was posts regarding thsi somewhere here :D

Think its a 115bhp, 1.6 engine (?), @ 8lac

today is the LAUNCH-DAY for the SRV!
the company will formally unveil the SRV sportsback in delhi.
it might be launched with 1.6 and 1.8 litre petrol engines which are doing their duties in Optra sedan.
diesel will come out later on.
it might be priced above the optra which sells from 7.8 lakhs to 11.2 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revharder
it might be launched with 1.6 and 1.8 litre petrol engines which are doing their duties in Optra sedan.

with the same engine! Hope teh 1.6 is modded for the SRV. But would it be worth @11.2lac ex-showroom!

Quote:

Originally Posted by revharder

are you sure about the launch date? today? but no news yet! but priced ABOVE optra??? :Shockked: i think theres a mistake here

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
with the same engine! Hope teh 1.6 is modded for the SRV. But would it be worth @11.2lac ex-showroom!

you've got it wrong......revharder meant optra sells from 7.8L to 11.2L.......he also mentions that SRV will be priced ABOVE that, but i think thats a mistake.......it should have been BELOW please: ........no hatchback will be priced above its sedan version ;)

Sundaram Motors (BLR) told me they're expecting top of the line 1.8 around 10.5 lakh range.

Quote:

Sundaram Motors (BLR) told me they're expecting top of the line 1.8 around 10.5 lakh range.
:Shockked: 10.5 for the Optra 1.8 hatch? I'd rather buy the Honda Civic!

Mod Note: Threads Merged.

I agree. GM needs to get its pricing right. As it is, a friend of mine who works for them says they're having issues with low sales of Optra.

if they want to sell it they will have to lower the prices...BIG TIME

who will buy a hatch for 8+...
VERY FEW...

New Civic would be the best option...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I agree. GM needs to get its pricing right.

They can only do that once they start sourcing basic parts/trims from India. This is one area where they're going wrong.

Example: So called original wiper blades set for Optra (GMDT, Korea) costs 850/-. I don't think local Bosch has the size for Optra. But if it's there, it shouldn't cost more than 500/-. Well going by Bosch rate for other cars.

SRV is on the homepage of Chevy India. Check here:http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_d...001/index.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen

10.5 lakhs! I think they better drop the idea of launching it in that case! The only customer they may get is a certain old man from Bangalore!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfikar
who will buy a hatch for 8+...VERY FEW...

Don't think that they're looking for a big market for SRV.
Only 22cm smaller that Optra in length. It’s not a small hatch.

Quote:

New Civic would be the best option...
Cost wise yes. But SRV is a hatch at the end of the day.

@ Rtech. This 10.5 could be a guess work from them. And they're expecting all the Optra gizmos at that price.

And no, I'm not interested to go for SRV at this moment.

Hey Rudra, I bought original Bosch wipers for Optra for 340 bucks. So I guess they're way better AND much cheaper than the OE.