Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 20:23   #16

Re: How to cancel NOC given to another state and re-register in old state

One more question - What would be less painful process.
1) Register the vehicle at Pune and pay full tax. But can i register the vehicle if my NOC has expired ? Do i need to get new NOC again from Hyderabad ? Or i can manage that with Pune RTO only by paying fines, taxes, bribes, etc..
2) Get "No utilization certificate" of NOC from Pune and re-register back to original state-Hyderabad.
My goal is to sell off this vehicle and do not expect more sale price. I just want to get this done legal and get rid of this vehicle.
Old 29th August 2014, 00:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerchavan View Post
One more question - What would be less painful process.
1) Register the vehicle at Pune and pay full tax. But can i register the vehicle if my NOC has expired ? Do i need to get new NOC again from Hyderabad ? Or i can manage that with Pune RTO only by paying fines, taxes, bribes, etc..
2) Get "No utilization certificate" of NOC from Pune and re-register back to original state-Hyderabad.
My goal is to sell off this vehicle and do not expect more sale price. I just want to get this done legal and get rid of this vehicle.
Mate I would suggest you to try and get the vehicle registered at Pune RTO and sell the car in Pune itself.

Please share your mail id or phone number i'll give you the details of a guy who helped me out with some what same kind of situation.
Old 29th August 2014, 09:43   #18
BANNED

NOC if not utilised lapses after 18 months. Since the has been struck off the list it will have to be restored. I think it is a simple procedure. No fresh road tax payable.
Old 29th August 2014, 12:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I have cancelled an NOC issued by RTO Trivandrum towards RTO Chennai for my bike. The procedure -
We'll be in a similar situation. Our Santro had been moved to Bangalore in 2010 after taking NOC from Trivandrum, but was never registered in Bangalore. Now since my sister is moving out of country, the car is being permanently moved back to TVM. The records on the Kerala MVD site shows "NOC issued to move to another state".

I was thinking since the registration was never done in another state, the moving back process was simple. However reading your post just kind of rattled that. Any thought, CD? To be honest we really don't have time at Bangalore to do any cumbersome RTO works.
Old 29th August 2014, 13:07   #20
BHPian

Even I am in same situation. I took NOC from Bangalore RTO in 2012 while I was moving to Hyderabad. However, in short span I moved abroad so didn't register in Hyderabad. Left my car at my home in Bangalore and left. My car loan was over early this year and when I was in Bangalore this summer, I took NOC from Bank and then went to RTO to submit my RC book to update the status.

I asked my father to follow up and returned back after my vacation at Bangalore. Now when my father went to RTO, he was informed that NOC has been issued in 2012 and blah blah. Now I need to check the next procedure.

I will keep following this thread to get clear picture.

Guys, do you suggest me to get things done from a agent?

Thanks

Sanjeev
Old 29th August 2014, 13:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
NOC if not utilised lapses after 18 months. Since the has been struck off the list it will have to be restored. I think it is a simple procedure. No fresh road tax payable.

18 months is definitely not the validity period. There is already a thread in Team-Bhp on this topic.

Restored where? The home state? What guarantee do they have that the vehicle was not re-registered at the new RTO? And what about any accidents that the vehicle would have been involved in, during this period?

And why would the new RTO issue a letter the car was not re-registered without asking for payment of road tax? As far as they are concerned, the car would have been used in their state ever since the NOC was issued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
We'll be in a similar situation. Our Santro had been moved to Bangalore in 2010 after taking NOC from Trivandrum, but was never registered in Bangalore. Now since my sister is moving out of country, the car is being permanently moved back to TVM. The records on the Kerala MVD site shows "NOC issued to move to another state".

I was thinking since the registration was never done in another state, the moving back process was simple. However reading your post just kind of rattled that. Any thought, CD? To be honest we really don't have time at Bangalore to do any cumbersome RTO works.
Difficult to deal with Trivandrum RTO based on my experience. They are strict about rules, but not willing to extend help. Will try to check and get back.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 06:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Difficult to deal with Trivandrum RTO based on my experience. They are strict about rules, but not willing to extend help. Will try to check and get back.
Thanks man and do let me know if you get more details regarding this.

Considering the fact that the LT road tax paid for my car is still intact with the Kerala RTO, I assumed the transfer back was a cakewalk. I guess I was wrong. Will update on how things unfold.
Old 30th August 2014, 08:16   #23

This all seems very tricky.. For me i am thinking of registering to the new state with an expired NOC instead of moving back to home state. Probably i will have to get a new NOC again from Hyderabaad and pay a 8yr road tax in Pune with some fine plus bribes. But at least it will get register in new state(Pune).
I will keep you guys updated on this.. Its going to be a hell of experience.
sameerchavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 09:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on how much the penalty on road tax would be for a 2-wheeler in case of Hyderabad RTO?

I'm in a similar situation for my 9 year old bike with an NOC that is 6 years old. Like others in the thread, I was under the impression that the old registration was valid till the vehicle is registered in the new state. RTO website also used to show the vehicle information correctly till recently.

I want to see whether it is better to sell it in my home state or re-register it in Hyderabad and then sell it. Or worst case, sell it as scrap if both the previous options are not going to be possible without costs exceeding the bike's value!

Last edited by zenren : 30th August 2014 at 09:26.
Old 30th August 2014, 09:59   #25
BANNED

@Crazy Driver; What I stated was what happened with a friend of mine, who moved to Jharkhand and mover back after seven years.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 12:44   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Crazy Driver; What I stated was what happened with a friend of mine, who moved to Jharkhand and mover back after seven years.

That's good then, and a lot less complicated than the procedures I have to go through- with TN and KL RTOs. I am sure the same is the case with KA as well- since I have been there a few times now for payment of LTT etc.

Can you please get the specific details how this was done and share in this thread? Would be helpful to other members.
Old 12th May 2017, 22:43   #27

Re: Re-registering a Car?

I have a situation. I bought car at Bangalore on 2010. I moved to pune on 2011 and got the car registered. Note I didn't ask for a tax refund from Karnataka. I shifted to Mumbai on 2016 and now again I am moving back to Bangalore. What would be the process now to register the car? I am not planning to sell since the car is running well and I don't want to spend money on a new car now.
Old 5th November 2017, 22:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerchavan View Post
This all seems very tricky.. For me i am thinking of registering to the new state with an expired NOC instead of moving back to home state. Probably i will have to get a new NOC again from Hyderabaad and pay a 8yr road tax in Pune with some fine plus bribes. But at least it will get register in new state(Pune).
I will keep you guys updated on this.. Its going to be a hell of experience.
Hi - If you could conclude this, can you let me know what was the process followed?
Old 4th March 2018, 23:42   #29
BHPian

Re: Re-registering a Car?

Hi guys,

I am completely stuck trying to get my car down from kolkata to chennai where I currently live.

The car belongs to my father and is currently in kolkata with road tax due to expire in november 2018.
I have 2 major roadblocks which I am facing.

1. I currently stay in a apartment as a paying guest in chennai. The landlord has clearly denied to enter into an lease agreement. Shifting to a different paying guest is also not much of an option as most pg's dont prefer to enter into a lease. Because of this, I do not have any local address proof in chennai. Now when my dad is trying to get the Noc from kolkata, they are asking for an address proof there which I am unable to provide. I would need an address proof to get the car registered here in chennai as well.

I tried to approach the organisation where I work currently. But the HR said they will not be able to provide me with a letter certifying my current place of stay without a lease agreement.

2. As I mentioned previously, the car is in my father's name. But when I register it here, it will have to be in my name. Is there any specific procedure that I will need to perform to transfer the vehicle from my father's name to my name at the time transferring the vehicle from kolkata to chennai?

I am completely stuck especially with regard to the 1st issue and cant come up with a solution. Some have suggested that I get procure a fake lease rental agreement but I am not at all confortable with that option. Any suggestions from the members here?
Old 5th March 2018, 07:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Hi guys,

I am completely stuck trying to get my car down from kolkata to chennai where I currently live.

The car belongs to my father and is currently in kolkata with road tax due to expire in november 2018.

I have 2 major roadblocks which I am facing.

1. I currently stay in a apartment as a paying guest in chennai. The landlord has clearly denied to enter into an lease agreement. Shifting to a different paying guest is also not much of an option as most pg's dont prefer to enter into a lease. Because of this, I do not have any local address proof in chennai. Now when my dad is trying to get the Noc from kolkata, they are asking for an address proof there which I am unable to provide. I would need an address proof to get the car registered here in chennai as well.

Try to get a landline connection MTNL / BSNL installed at your place of residence. You can try with private providers like Airtel also but that should be option two. Once you get your monthly bill (Please get postal hard copy and not e-bill) based on that, approach your banker as well as upload it in UIDAI portal for address change in Aadhar. Chances are your banker might say no however your Aadhar application should be processed. Based on Aadhar you can again approach bank and get address changed for your bank account as well as credit card. Once that is done, now you have three proofs of address - Landline bill, Aadhar Card and Bank statement. Based on these approach passport authorities for change of address. Passport might be an overkill at this stage but should not harm. And hopefully your issue of address change for RC transfer should be taken care off by above three / four documents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks