Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 14:33   #31
BHPian

Re: How to cancel NOC given to another state and re-register in old state

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
NOC if not utilised lapses after 18 months. Since the has been struck off the list it will have to be restored. I think it is a simple procedure. No fresh road tax payable.
Just to clarify, do you mean to say that it needs to be restored on the original registering RTO? And no Non utilization certificate is required as is being demanded from the original registering RTO?
Or do you mean that the RTO in whose favor the NOC was issue shouldn't be demanding any LTT and should simply issue the non utlization certificate?
Old 5th March 2018, 15:01   #32
s10
BHPian

Re: Re-registering a Car?

One of my friend is planning to buy a Punjab registered car and want to get it in his name in Delhi but some agent told him that it is not possible. Is it true?
Is it not possible to get other state car registered in Delhi? Is this rule only in Delhi or NCR
Old 5th March 2018, 15:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10 View Post
Is it not possible to get other state car registered in Delhi? Is this rule only in Delhi or NCR
In case the car is BS-IV and not older than 15 years (Petrol)/ 10 years (diesel) there should not be any issue. Though no clear guidelines are available on Delhi Transport Department webpage.
Old 6th March 2018, 10:29   #34
s10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
In case the car is BS-IV and not older than 15 years (Petrol)/ 10 years (diesel) there should not be any issue. Though no clear guidelines are available on Delhi Transport Department webpage.
Yep, I have seen that link but there is no clear information on the internet! I heard that you can do it in Noida but in Delhi, any re-registration for an outside Delhi vehicle is impossible these days.
Old 6th March 2018, 11:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Hi guys,

I am completely stuck trying to get my car down from kolkata to chennai where I currently live.

The car belongs to my father and is currently in kolkata with road tax due to expire in november 2018.
I have 2 major roadblocks which I am facing.

1. I currently stay in a apartment as a paying guest in chennai. The landlord has clearly denied to enter into an lease agreement. Shifting to a different paying guest is also not much of an option as most pg's dont prefer to enter into a lease. Because of this, I do not have any local address proof in chennai. Now when my dad is trying to get the Noc from kolkata, they are asking for an address proof there which I am unable to provide. I would need an address proof to get the car registered here in chennai as well.

I tried to approach the organisation where I work currently. But the HR said they will not be able to provide me with a letter certifying my current place of stay without a lease agreement.

2. As I mentioned previously, the car is in my father's name. But when I register it here, it will have to be in my name. Is there any specific procedure that I will need to perform to transfer the vehicle from my father's name to my name at the time transferring the vehicle from kolkata to chennai?

I am completely stuck especially with regard to the 1st issue and cant come up with a solution. Some have suggested that I get procure a fake lease rental agreement but I am not at all confortable with that option. Any suggestions from the members here?

Take any LIC POLICY at the said address. That's acceptable to RTO. I know guys living in PG's in the same situation as you. It's possibly the simplest option. Whenever you move you can update the address change..

Hope that helps. Though, the LIC might ask for aadhaar number now. I think it could work out, if you give your permanent address as that of your dad's address, and your PG address as your present address

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 23:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Like Ricky_63 said, get a term insurance from LIC at your PG address. HR letter, mobile / landline bill are only accepted as supporting proofs. Else you need to get a notary attestation for your address. I went through this inspite of having a rental agreement as well as a BSNL landline connection in my name at my current rented residential address.
Old 27th March 2019, 21:45   #37
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I have a question. If I am buying an out of state registered car (say MH), for which life time road tax has already been paid in Chennai, what is the procedure and do I need to pay any further tax for registering in my name?
Thanks very much
Old 28th March 2019, 09:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Hello Friends,
I have a question. If I am buying an out of state registered car (say MH), for which life time road tax has already been paid in Chennai, what is the procedure and do I need to pay any further tax for registering in my name?
Thanks very much
If the road tax is already paid in Chennai, you need not further pay road tax to use it in TN, assuming tax has been paid till the vehicle becomes 15 years old. Moreover you can use the vehicle in MH also without paying road tax again (since it has already been paid at the time of registration).

To register the vehicle in your name, you need to get an NOC from the vehicle's current RTO (in MH) and submit the same to the RTO at which you wish to register the vehicle in Tamil Nadu in your name. They will assign a new registration mark in TN, after which yo can claim refund of the road tax from MH RTO for the remaining period.

Last edited by longhorn : 28th March 2019 at 09:44.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 09:12   #39
BHPian

Thank you Longhorn.
Is NOC required if I opt only for name transfer and not re-registration in TN? I heard it is possible, but I was not sure and hence checking here.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
If the road tax is already paid in Chennai, you need not further pay road tax to use it in TN, assuming tax has been paid till the vehicle becomes 15 years old. Moreover you can use the vehicle in MH also without paying road tax again (since it has already been paid at the time of registration).

To register the vehicle in your name, you need to get an NOC from the vehicle's current RTO (in MH) and submit the same to the RTO at which you wish to register the vehicle in Tamil Nadu in your name. They will assign a new registration mark in TN, after which yo can claim refund of the road tax from MH RTO for the remaining period.
Old 1st April 2019, 16:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Thank you Longhorn.
Is NOC required if I opt only for name transfer and not re-registration in TN? I heard it is possible, but I was not sure and hence checking here.
Thank you.
If you are re-registering the vehicle in its home state itself (for which address proof in that state is required else a notary has to attest I guess) then NOC is not required. If you are re registering in another state, NOC is required.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 16:31   #41
BHPian

Greetings all! I own a Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack (manufactured in Sept 2009, registered in April 2010) that I am trying to re-register in another state, (I have procured NOC from Delhi RTO already). I am keeping the car, since I am very fond of her, and she's good to go for a fair bit more (barely done 69000 km so far, on the odo), hence have moved her to another State, where I have an address. Can someone kindly share a sale invoice of a 2009/10 (preferably) Grande Punto Emotion Pack 1.3MJD? I have my invoice too, but foolishly left it behind in Delhi, and am presently in another state with all documentation ready for filing at this other State’s RTO.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st May 2023 at 18:25. Reason: As requested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks