Team-BHP - Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/147554-tata-motors-auto-expo-2014-a-5.html)

To know more about the specifications of the vehicles(PV and CV) displayed at the Tata pavillion check out the below link:

http://connect.tatamotors.com/g_s/passenger_pillar.php

Good job Tata. clap:

I loved both the Bolt and the Zest models. Hope they bring it to the market in the next couple of months.

Tata had only two things missing earlier: Desirability & Reliability. They have trumped on the former and I am hoping the newer crop of cars offer high reliability. That's the way to go ahead now.

If all of those folks who worked on the Bolt and Zest are reading this, Congratulations to all of you on a wonderful job. Wish you all the best in regaining the lost market share. :thumbs up

Bolt somehow resembles indica and this is my personal opinion. Perhaps this is a better attempt from Tata, but not revolutionary.
Hyundai did amazing with fluidic design language 4 years back, that was really revolutionary.
I wish Tata also did something similar.

I think that bolt and zest are not altogether new models which will come by 2016 but an attempt to infuse some freshness which was lacking in existing models.

They've made a good beginning and now they have to continue bringing newer models and focus on quality control to get back to second position in Indian Car market.

I'd like to see the Nexon concept in production quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishpr (Post 3364996)
Bolt somehow resembles indica and this is my personal opinion. Perhaps this is a better attempt from Tata, but not revolutionary.
Hyundai did amazing with fluidic design language 4 years back, that was really revolutionary.
I wish Tata also did something similar.

Respected Sir. I just wanted to clarify that these are not "all new" models, but an iteration of the existing cars. So how can it not look like an indica ! This is not a design revolution like what Hyundai did. It is just another iteration of the existing models. Hope that explains y Bolt looks like indica. :Frustrati

Good report on Tata, perhaps the single manufacturer with the largest floor space there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3363349)
Don't know the message that Tata's trying to send out, but there was no Aria, Manza, Vista etc. on display :Shockked:

Noticed that too. Karl Slym's legacy being carried forward?

And where was the Jump?
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3363365)
However, the Storme Ladakh edition just left us drooling. It's a masterpiece by the Tata Motors Design Team, with presence that beats SUVs costing 2X / 3X as much. Tasteful, butch and sexy...see one, want one.

Can't help but comment that the Safari Ladakh's design, with tyres sticking out of the bodywork, would not be street legal according to CMVR/ARAI.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 3363745)
Automated-Manual Transmission : I guess this is being sourced from Magneti Marelli (?).

Yes - Magneti Marelli are the sole source for AMTs of different manufacturers.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3363456)
Nano cutaway, kitted with an automated manual transmission:
Attachment 1202985

The Nano Twist with openable rear hatch gains about 80 kg due to the additional bodyshell reinforcement required to support the openable hatch, plus the engine upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 3364617)
Attachment 1204429

The Sumo. Amazing tires on them.

I was looking for such a car for a long. I think that engine output should be more from such a massive 3 litre engine.

I think these designs indicate that they are on the right track and we can expect something in the 'all new' category soon.

Amazingly refreshed up portfolio on display. Great work clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 3365252)

And where was the Jump?

I have heard they contemplated a change in the name at last moment because of the unfortunate event.

Full marks to Tata & late Mr Karl.
With zest & bolt they have shown they have the intent & capability. Remember these are just the so called facelifts and look at the outcome.

Only from certain angles bolt gives Vista feeling else they very much look all new products inside out.

I am sure they have similar intent & plans to improve sales & service quality.

And full marks to GTO for excellent coverage.

For a change, design wise, I liked the Storme, the butch Sumo, Zest & Bolt.

The Zest & Bolt sport very good looking alloy wheels, helping to enhance the look further.

As pointed by some, Zest & Bolt somewhat remind of the Indica & Indigo, but I would blame it more than seeing it with a BHPian eye (keyed in enthusiast) :)

I like the fact that they are giving Nano more premium colours, no more toyish colours for Nano. They should have displayed a sporty variant of Nano to generate some interest.

Agreed Bolt and Zest look great and different, but still please do not display the bolt close to a vista in Showrooms :)

Tata cars are universally considered as products offering maximum value for your money but urban buyers tend to shy away from them simply because of its association with Taxi and Commercial Vehicles. The efforts taken by Tata Motors to change the way Indians perceive the brand cannot be more evident after this year's Auto Expo. The display range definitely deserves its fair share of appreciation to give the company the motivation to continue taking steps in the right decision and keep innovating and improvising.

The Tata Nano always has been a car that made India proud by the degree of innovation and the value which it offered. Even today with Tata stuffing the Nano with convenience features and niceties to refresh and reposition it, the Nano still is 'More Car Per Car', actually is 'Most Car Per Car'.

The Bolt and Zest seem to be extremely competent products too ready to take on the segment leaders head on. Will they be niggle free and well accepted by the market, that, only time will tell. Tata seems to have checked all the right boxes with these two cars and I really hope it tastes success in the time to come.:)

Great attempt by Tata! The fact that they have scrapped the "indica" nameplate suggests that they want to start with a clean slate. However, the bolt will end up looking like the vista minus all the accessories. Just imagine the base variant in white and you will understand what I'm trying to say. Yes, I know its based on the vista platform and it is bound to look very similar, but I just think its not going to seriously compete with the swift and the i10 grand.
The zest on the other hand looks refreshing thanks to its proportionate body and it may do well considering there is nothing in this segment other than the amaze, Dzire & the new xcent. I hope Tata prices the zest well.
Storme ladakh and the othe concepts are concepts and that is what they would be. Significant numbers are going to come from the zest and the bolt and nothing else. not even the nano.
Now what they need to do is improve their service levels, may be sell the old indica & old sumo in the commercial showrooms and not in their passenger car showrooms. And phase out cars, which may be a temporary loss, but will go a long way in building reputation. So just stop the indica & the sumo. Sell Indica CS and Sumo as only taxis.
I really wish Tata gets back to being no:3 in the indian market, at least they seem to have the intentions!

What happend to Tata Pixel, was there any update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 3366181)
Now what they need to do is improve their service levels

As a Nano owner since August 2013, I would say that service levels at Concorde are close to Toyota levels now. What is probably needed is keeping them there and getting these improvements to all service points, not just those of Concorde.