Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2014, 18:20   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014

Tata Bolt: see what it says in this image, noticed at the base of B-Pillar- the Bolt tagged as Vista Facelift!
Does this mean the actual name will change? Or the re-naming is only for namesakes? Whatever it is, the New Vista is not bad actually
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-untitled.jpg  

zavegur is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 18:54   #77
BHPian

Does the Bolt and the Zest have the same legroom at the rear seats as in their Indi-- cousins? I personally liked the Zest but the Bolt still "feels" like an Indica! Nothing addictive or remotely cannabis about Bolt !

However, why does the futuristic blue Nexon, have a Left hand drive? Made in India but not for India?Is it designed completely in India or does it have Euro influence?
Old 10th February 2014, 19:14   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Respected Sir. I just wanted to clarify that these are not "all new" models, but an iteration of the existing cars. So how can it not look like an indica ! This is not a design revolution like what Hyundai did. It is just another iteration of the existing models. Hope that explains y Bolt looks like indica.
I think many people here have not understood why Bolt HAS to look like Vista and WHY still Tata seems to have done a good job with it.

The above quoted comment serves a good reference point for starters!
(and maybe needs to be quoted frequently, so that it gets read often)

And then there are more wholesome threads that exist elsewhere in the forum for more comprehensive reading.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 19:14   #79
BHPian

The Storme Ladakh stuff is sure eyecandy. Good show by Tata.

But the bolt clearly looks like a indica/vista. Especially the side profile. Not good!
Old 10th February 2014, 20:13   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavegur View Post
Tata Bolt: see what it says in this image, noticed at the base of B-Pillar- the Bolt tagged as Vista Facelift!
Does this mean the actual name will change? Or the re-naming is only for namesakes? Whatever it is, the New Vista is not bad actually
My Guess - trying to get around CMRV regulations etc. The whole game would be a little more complex than what we can gather.

But, possibly an old name here, a new nick-name there, Somethings would be the same, while some new stuff sneaks in here & there ..

I'll wait to see the car in the showrooms. Whatever the labels say, I hope TML gets it right this time.
Old 10th February 2014, 20:23   #81
BHPian

+1 to that..

I have been a Tata vehicle owner now for nearly 7 years..

First the Indica DLS Turbo and now the Club Class Manza VX..

Both cars.. VFM!!!! and the cost of ownership is ridiculously low..

I for one will say this that Tata make Honest cars and offer more per car than anyone else.. From a fully Indian Manufacturer they have time and again made us Indian's proud.. and I am sure the new offering will be the best among its class..

Hopefully we Indian's will see the value proposition and make the others who want to compete in our markets offer us more per car at a price point which will hurt them and not make millions out of our earnings..

I am sure Tata will answer all their critics in an resounding manner..

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Tata cars are universally considered as products offering maximum value for your money but urban buyers tend to shy away from them simply because of its association with Taxi and Commercial Vehicles. The efforts taken by Tata Motors to change the way Indians perceive the brand cannot be more evident after this year's Auto Expo. The display range definitely deserves its fair share of appreciation to give the company the motivation to continue taking steps in the right decision and keep innovating and improvising.

The Tata Nano always has been a car that made India proud by the degree of innovation and the value which it offered. Even today with Tata stuffing the Nano with convenience features and niceties to refresh and reposition it, the Nano still is 'More Car Per Car', actually is 'Most Car Per Car'.

The Bolt and Zest seem to be extremely competent products too ready to take on the segment leaders head on. Will they be niggle free and well accepted by the market, that, only time will tell. Tata seems to have checked all the right boxes with these two cars and I really hope it tastes success in the time to come.
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 07:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I agree. The Active looks a little busy, but quite good/new. The only snag is crashworthiness or lack thereof inherent in the small size, no matter what they do in this direction. As an owner of the 2013 version, I can't see myself tempted by any extra power from a larger engine for fear of where to use it. The current engine is fine for the city - indeed it did very well on a recent run to Goa too, but I was very careful on the drive.
Further the above - the PS version seems to be creating necessary excitement, which is good to see. While I don't see much use for it in my 2013 car, I am looking to see if a 25 litre tank to come in the Active can be retrofitted in the car, with recalibration of the fuel gauge. On a recent drive to Goa, this would have been very useful. I prefer to refuel at known pumps, and I can do without the extra excitement this causes, given a 15 litre tank. Anyone wanting to do a Ladakh trip with one will for sure have to carry a jerrycan inside the car, an idea that doesn't sound very good.
Old 11th February 2014, 09:36   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata Bolt: see what it says in this image, noticed at the base of B-Pillar- the Bolt tagged as Vista Facelift! Does this mean the actual name will change? Or the re-naming is only for namesakes? Whatever it is, the New Vista is not bad actually
Good catch!

In my opinion, the car must have been manufactured much before the name Bolt was chosen. Decision regarding the name is usually taken at the end.
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 10:12   #84
BHPian

Good to see TATA focussing on their main sellers. The new name and the refreshed looks are a welcome change. Both the cars look really nice compared to their present siblings. I hope they have improved the fit and finish too. Any idea by when they would hit the showrooms? And do you guys think the problems of buying a new untested car would haunt early buyers?

Disappointed to see not much change on the SUV front apart from the lone modified Storme and Sumo. Nothing great to write about.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:15   #85
BHPian

Cheers to that!

My next car will also be a TATA for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
I am really overwhelmed with the honest attempt on the make over of the cars by Tata Motors. The interiors especially have been a sea change.. I am proud to see my homeland company making such genuine efforts. My next car would be a Tata!

Thanks for the excellent coverage GTO. I love this.
Old 11th February 2014, 16:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Great bit of observation. Many thanks. Did you seek and get any clarification on the matter?
Old 11th February 2014, 16:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Some more and better pictures of the Storme Ladakh here:

http://mediacentre.tatamotors.com/au...h-gallery.aspx

cheers!
Old 11th February 2014, 16:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Having seen the Bolt and the Zest at the Auto Expo I must say I am very impressed with what Tata have done. The design's look super and the cars 'look' very well put together. The interiors panels also have no uneven gaps and quality is pretty good.

Some of the display cars had red highlights on the front grill, dash, etc which really looked sporty. Let's wait and see what options are available in the production versions.

I didn't find the Storme Ladakh and Sumo that great as TML will never launch something like that. They looked a tad bit overdone to me.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th February 2014 at 16:48.
Old 11th February 2014, 21:13   #89
Senior - BHPian

I feel that Tata should position Bolt and Zest as premium products and should reduce Vista and Manza footprint to just one base diesel variant to cater taxi market. At least that is what I hope Tata does.
Old 12th February 2014, 09:31   #90
BHPian

I was wondering where is the bolt TTR, the rumored performance car that was to be shown at the expo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed