Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014

^Could it be? And guys at TATA didn't speak ONE WORD about it even in their Facebook page / Twitter account !

IMO thats not likely to ever make it to the Nano. Moreso looking at how bullish they've gotten about the Petrols in their offerings.

I feel even the petrol Nano AMT needs to make it by July-August to gather anything close to decent 'numbers'.
Old 22nd February 2014, 23:37   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Its about time that they create a sub-brand under TATA. Because, the new line of products like bolt and zest would definately entice potential buyer,the products are resplendent and set an aspirational value,the design language of these products is inspirational.But the intended buyer would love to trade off the TATA moniker with something, that would assure them that they are not part of the 'Taxi, Cab wallah' buyer. The intended buyer would like to distinguish himself from the usual TATA car owner.
Couldn't have agreed more. Creating another brand is something which Tata HAS to do, if it want to regain its foothold. If we apply a reverse logic, no one refuses to buy a Jaguar just because of it's parent company. Create a new brand and then get things right at the dealership level from Day one, so no one visiting the showroom or service center gets the feeling it's Tata.

Having made numerous trips to Honda and Tata over the past three years, I know it for a fact that I will never buy a Tata product despite loving the Safari to the core. The standards in each and everything pertaining to sales and service are simply not upto the level which can be deemed acceptable in today's age.

They are making very sincere efforts, and all the best to them. But they will eventually have to rebrand sooner or later.
Old 23rd February 2014, 12:40   #108
BHPian

I think Tata have really worked hard to bring themselves back in the sales chart.

The Storme Ladakh is looking extremely aggressive. The blue tinted headlamps stood out.

The Bolt is looking very good. The interiors are looking extremely sweet. The exterior too is nice. But the rear is plain vanilla. The tail lamps look like they were cut from a Vista.

The Zest looks extremely proportioned from the back. The front is also looking very good. The tech in the Zest is awesome.

Wondering about the revamp to the Manza. With these new cars, the Manza will look outdated.

Regards,
Achyuth
Old 23rd February 2014, 13:15   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Couldn't have agreed more. Creating another brand is something which Tata HAS to do, if it want to regain its foothold. If we apply a reverse logic, no one refuses to buy a Jaguar just because of it's parent company. Create a new brand and then get things right at the dealership level from Day one, so no one visiting the showroom or service center gets the feeling it's Tata.....
I agree with your logic, and it might yield interesting results at company level. But IMO at group level it may have a reverse effect. At a time when they actually need consolidation of the group companies under Tata brand, coming out with a separate brand for a short term gain can be hazardous.

So as a group i believe its better to clear the Tata name rather than coming with an all together new brand like Titan/Tanishq/Westside etc.

And from what I heard the one of immediate goal at senior levels is to make parent brand 'Tata' unified and strong.They are already working on Brand Equity and Business Promotion (BEBP) agreement as per below article.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...s-mukund-rajan
Old 24th February 2014, 12:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_leo View Post
Not sure if this has already been posted on this thread before. Check out the dedicated website to Zest: http://www.tatamotorszest.com/
Thanks for the link. TATA has really got it right this time!
Amazing implementation of Social Media! Guys just log in with your FB account and see the brilliance of TATA's Web Team!

For me the Site proudle display's :

"DRIVE
WITH THE NEWECO AND SPORTS MODETHEZEST
will be a perfect road
companion for your
trips such as the one to

GOA"
Old 18th April 2014, 12:41   #111
BHPian

Is this a facelifted safari?

Tata motors uploaded a new ad on youtube yesterday. I think its an answer to live free live young ad by mahindra. I noticed a white safari in there which looks like a facelift, it may be a modified one as well. Since i am not able to figure out,posting this pic here for members to share their opinion

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-facelifted-safari.png

Last edited by quadra : 18th April 2014 at 12:42.
Old 18th April 2014, 12:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is this a facelifted safari?

Looks like this one jumped right out of the tinkering shop before the work was completed ! The front end also resembles the one off edition that was displayed at this year's auto show
Old 18th April 2014, 12:46   #113
BHPian

The white one is the Safari Storme Ladakh edition done by Tata Motors Design. It was displayed in the Auto Expo this year.

Check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...po-2014-a.html
TorqMaster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 13:06   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
The white one is the Safari Storme Ladakh edition done by Tata Motors Design. It was displayed in the Auto Expo this year.

Check this link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...po-2014-a.html
Spot ON sir

From auto expo to youtube, will this make it to the assembly line?
Old 18th April 2014, 15:01   #115
BHPian

It is storme ladakh! I hope they will introduce it to the assembly line soon. I did really like the one they displayed at the auto expo.
Just wondering why they used it in the frames for a few seconds only!
Old 18th April 2014, 15:18   #116
BHPian

I just heard something may be on for safari for May. They have been holding some conferences in Pune calling concerned people from all over India.
V12Doc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 15:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say but Tata Motors' marketing department must come up with something better. The Soul campaign misses just that, the soul. Just compare this ad to the Mahindra Live Young Live Free and we all know why Mahindras are outselling Tatas left, right and center. Tata Motors knows how to build decent vehicle comparable to those built by Mahindra. Why then, the big difference at the hustings -> Marketing.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 11:07   #118
Senior - BHPian

Tata Zest & Bolt spied in Bangalore (courtesy Motorbeam & ODI, respectively):

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-1500x340xtatazestbasevariantspyshotbangalore.jpg.pagespeed.ic.if5vn2iebp.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-2500x380xtatazestbasevariantspyshotside.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rcf06dn6rw.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-3500x380xtatazestbasevariantspyshotrear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.j6ol2mlqta.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-4500x700xtatazestbasevariantspyshot.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gsskocdzql.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-5500x300xtataboltspyshotbangalorerear1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.w9ho1lshda.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-6tataboltspypics3.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-7tataboltspypics1.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-8tataboltspypics2.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 12:32   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Tata Zest & Bolt spied in Bangalore (courtesy Motorbeam & ODI, respectively):

Attachment 1232757
Am surprised that the Bolt has a TN registration!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 13:08   #120
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am surprised that the Bolt has a TN registration!
It must be the Coimbatore connection! TN 37 is indeed used by one of the Coimbatore RTOs. J Anand of Jayem Automotive seems to be working hard on the cars (with key inputs from another Coimbatore guy, Narain Karthikeyan).

Tata must have made the car in Ranjangaon and got it registered temporarily (for transit purposes) there. But that registration would not be valid for too long, and hence the need for Jayem Automotive to extend the temporary registration in Coimbatore.

Last edited by RSR : 21st April 2014 at 13:10.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks