Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 00:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014

Venture concept - "Add-Venture" : Seems do'able in a year if they really want. Liked the rear hatch door.
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-venture.jpg
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2014-venture-2.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 8th February 2014 at 00:32. Reason: Added info
GrammarNazi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 04:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO for the good pictures. When can we see the coverage of TM commercial vehicles, especially the articulated bus. Will it be a seperate thread?
Old 7th February 2014, 09:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

What a stall! It is filled with very desirable cars. I honestly hadn't expected this from Tata till I had the first glance on the Bolt. Hope Tata can take it all the way! They need this, badly!
Old 7th February 2014, 09:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Other than few minor quirky design elements all vehicles looks nice including that Venture. Great work TML!
Old 7th February 2014, 10:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

My one biggest grudge with Tata is they aren't letting go of the Indica design cues. I don't understand what's so phenomenal about it that they have to incorporate it on their newest and most important offerings - Bolt and Zest. And if that wasn't enough even their concepts seem to have a hint of the same design!

Tata needs to come out of this age-old design that has been done and dusted and is ready to be forgotten.

Tata, give us something NEW, please!
Old 7th February 2014, 10:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Tata is making the news these days. The Bolt and Zest do seem to be maturely designed both inside and out. BUT we have all been impressed by the launch of the Xenon, Aria and then the Safari Storme. Infact all these products combined, make a stronger case than the Verito, Thar, and XUV 500 which are the only new products in Mahindra's portfolio. However, M&M's commitment to winning my heart, is laudable. They have issued multiple recalls in the midst of bad media attention, issued updates and even made well packaged cheaper variants of the XUV. This combined with their undeniable efforts in the electric car field, where I am sure they will be the most ready when the government issues tax benefits, makes me proud of the fact that they are an Indian Company.

I do hope Tata improves their A.S.S. Being a potential customer from their home country, I would be very cheesed off if I were treated poorly after having faith in their products regardless of the brand's reputation.

Tata! Show us that you are truly capable. The launch of these two cars in affordable, evergreen segments, will definitely attract a certain initial customer base, but do follow up on that and never let them down or make them regret that decision.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 10:39   #37
BHPian

The BOLT and the ZEST seems fresh and tis a good feeling to know that an Indian company Tata Motors is coming with world-class offerings. They have atlast dropped the "Indica" from their new models and that's a welcome move.

In my opinion the zest and bolt have features of the old vista and i dont understand why Tata is not ready to drop the same old design language.

Thanks GTO for an awesome coverage.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 10:42. Reason: Please avoid using acronyms. TaMo = Tata motors.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:20   #38
BHPian

Thanks GTO for the wonderful coverage. Tata definitely is looking forward for a game change in Indian market. Bolt and Zest can clearly capture some market. The interiors are great. Fit and finish also looks much better than what we have experienced from the Tatas.
The concepts will most probably remain as concepts itself. Safari Storm Ladakh version looked bit odd for me. And the Sumo fails to impress with all the plastic surgery.
Looking forward to see some detailed coverage on the commercial vehicles side also.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:06   #39
BHPian

Good coverage of the Tata pavillion and thank you for the wonderful pics. The Ladakh looks a killer and I hope it performs like one. The Sumo looks like a kittycat wearing a tiger disguise outfit.The Bolt and the Zest look good and I wish Them all the very best in the market. Tata seems to be waking up!
Regards,
Ashok
Old 7th February 2014, 12:43   #40
BHPian

The Aria is conspicuous by its absence! But what I feel is either they have decided to scrap the model altogether or they are working seriously on the product (on the lines of bolt & zest) and don't want to display a half baked attempt :-)

I sincerely hope it's the latter because I am getting bored of my second Innova
Old 7th February 2014, 12:46   #41
BHPian

Kudos to the truly desi car maker.

I feel the Nano Twist is a beautiful transformation / evolution of the current avatar. Also the rear hatch would help for claustrophobic patients.

Thanx GTO for the awesome coverage.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Unlike Mahindra, why does Tata not display its EV technologies?
There was a thread a couple of years back on Tata Vista EV winning some competition in Europe. What happened to those plans?

After Zest & Bolt, I feel Tata should start concentrating a little more on other segments too. A new Safari and a new SUV in the 15-18 lac bracket.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:02   #43
BHPian

Finally a much needed respite from the Indica generation. The profile view of the Bolt sadly still reminds one of the Vista.
The Ladakh Storme could do well as a special edition.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:07   #44

GTO, thank you for an excellent coverage!

The Storme Ladakh looks fantastic!! My personal favorite is the coordinates 34°10′12″N 77°34′48″E printed above the front lamps. IMHO, it just adds to its rugged character!

Both the Connect-Next and Nexon concepts are good. But, in the Connect-Next, the "P-N-R-D" buttons look out of place. They could have used a rotary knob with the position lighting up on selection.

Zest and Bolt also appear to be good products. I am happy that TATA has done away with a central instrument cluster.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Unlike Mahindra, why does Tata not display its EV technologies?
Mahindra has an edge over TATA when it comes to EV due to REVA
Closed Thread

Most Viewed