Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 13:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Was expecting the facia from the Fiesta hatch in the UK. They have swapped the Nokia buttons for rectangle ones and it looks cleaner.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Design#tab2

But this is not bad. The piano black finish looks much better than the silver. And the 2 tone colour scheme is whitish grey like from the earlier A-star right? Don't think that's beige. Thanks for sharing!

Yes even I would prefer European Instrument Panel, they look a class above when compared to the existing ones.
I think Indian Fiesta is getting the interiors the same as that of one sold in Thailand, even may be from the same Thailand suppliers and hence the similarities.
That being said piano black is far better than the silver centre consoles.
Old 8th February 2014, 14:57   #32
BHPian

Re: Ford @ Auto Expo 2014

Gentlemen, any official word on when the bookings will start for the face-lifted Fiesta. Ford customer care is of no help.
A request to Bhpian's going to the Auto Expo, can you please try to get some information? Thank you!
Old 8th February 2014, 23:38   #33
BHPian

The Fiesta Classic still looks the Best among all the Ford cars on display. The Sea Grey Fiesta Classic with the spoiler is still a looker even today.
Old 9th February 2014, 22:32   #34
BHPian

I went to the Auto Expo primarily to check the new Fiesta. I won't say I was overly pleased, but neither am I utterly disappointed. I didn't get the chance to get inside, as they had closed it as too many people were getting in/out, and they didn't like it.

What I liked:
1. Both the front and the rear. Front looks bolder, while the rear is a definite improvement with the new tail lamps.
2. Light grey interiors, definitely better than dark grey or a sea of black.
3. SYNC added, with Emergency Assist like in Ecosport.
4. Push Button Start and Keyless Entry - to keep up with the trends

What I didn't like:
1. No rear AC vents - when City, Linea and even Xcent or Grandi10 have it, why can't Fiesta have one?
2. Hanging Centre Arm Rest with visible hinges.
3. Model displayed was Titanium Diesel (I think), but had no leather seats. Seems like only AT Titanium will have leather, but that wasn't on display.

Overall, I am still excited to see the full specs, features and the all important price.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 22:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Was there any news about new Endeavour?

I read some news at carwale.com but with old end's pics.
Old 10th February 2014, 22:16   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Was there any news about new Endeavour?

I read some news at carwale.com but with old end's pics.
No news at all. Only old Endy was on display. Ford have quite a lot on their plate already with Ecosport long waiting periods, Fiesta facelift and now the Figo concept sedan.

The Endeavour or Everest as it's called in other countries is still in concept stage so it's going to be a while before it makes it here.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:08   #37
BHPian

Motorbeam got hold of face-lifted Fiesta brochure. Looks like the launch is nearby.

High points:
1. Only diesel, Period
2. The variant names are now in sync with EcoSport variants (Ambient, Trend, Titanium)
3. Trend variant (previously Style) gets USB. I hope bluetooth is provided as well
4. Titanium gets rain sensing vipers, push-button start and keyless vehicle system
5. Base variant Ambient gets driver side airbag, Trend and Titanium gets both driver and passenger airbag
6. SYNC replaces previous voice-control system

To me Trend with all the safety features looks VFM. SYNC will be missed though :(
Attached Thumbnails
Ford @ Auto Expo 2014-fordfiestafaceliftbrochure.jpg  

Ford @ Auto Expo 2014-fordfiestafaceliftbrochuredetails.jpg  

Apple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 11:51   #38
BHPian

Only Diesel? The guy at the Ford stall said there will be Petrol.
Old 13th February 2014, 14:33   #39
BHPian

Spotted it yesterday near velachery. It was a head turner in flesh. Especially, in sea gray.
Old 13th February 2014, 14:42   #40
BHPian

They really should have done something about the rear of the Fiesta. They had a great opportunity in this refresh.

Currently the Fiesta's look reminds me of what Jeremy Clarkson said about the Panamera and Cayenne, that they look like a model from the front and like a traffic warden from the rear.
keshavarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt the Ecoboost make complete sense for this car?

1.2 L engine gets subsidy while 123ps delivers enough power on paper compared to the ANHC and Hyundai Verna. And the additional fuel economy of a 1 litre engine over the 1500cc and 1600cc engines will be added bonus.

Not to forget the economies of scale by offering it on various models. Ecoboost 1.0 on the fiesta is already on sale in other markets.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavarora View Post
They really should have done something about the rear of the Fiesta. They had a great opportunity in this refresh.

Currently the Fiesta's look reminds me of what Jeremy Clarkson said about the Panamera and Cayenne, that they look like a model from the front and like a traffic warden from the rear.
The rear on the facelift with the chrome strip, reflectors & the diffuser makes the car look less 'bulky'. The rear 3/4th view still can't hide this bulk though, but it is much better that what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Doesnt the Ecoboost make complete sense for this car?

1.2 L engine gets subsidy while 123ps delivers enough power on paper compared to the ANHC and Hyundai Verna. And the additional fuel economy of a 1 litre engine over the 1500cc and 1600cc engines will be added bonus.

Not to forget the economies of scale by offering it on various models. Ecoboost 1.0 on the fiesta is already on sale in other markets.
Ford imports the 1.0L Ecoboost and allocations for India are pretty low, besides this engine on the Fiesta won't get them any tax benefits (length > 4m).
Also, in the Indian city driving cycle of constant stop go traffic, I honestly feel the 1.0 L is out of place. It is hardly ever in the turbo zone in the city and not at all fun at low rpm, apart from the fuel efficiency concerns under these conditions.

They should have retained the 1.5L with the DCT though.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 3rd June 2014 at 17:02.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:39   #43
BHPian

The 1.5 petrol was not doing any good for them when they launched the car earlier. Even Classic's 1.6 is much better in terms of power delivery, acceleration and FTD factor.
1.5 TDCi is a good mill. I hope it will be one of the factors to bring good number of this beauty on the road , but Ford really needs to work on overall quality, as it was something reported as unwelcome in a car in this price range, also, the pricing should be correct this time, how correct, we need to wait to see that.

Most Viewed