Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 12:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2014

Taigun looks interesting and will generate a lot of consumer interest in the market.

I wonder why are they depriving the Indian consumer of the blue colour on Jetta. It is such a wonderful colour and the one on display looks astonishing.

In taigun, the bottle holders are a result of amazing thought process. However, the butterfly windows and the integrated head rest are not to my liking. Hope they will remain confined to the concept level only.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there. However the VW show is quite disappointing except for the Taigun which seems promising and fit for our market with Sub 4m et all.

The only issue is that the Taigun if launched here may be overpriced read costlier than EcoSport and may find few takers.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:49   #18
BHPian

I wish they bring TAIGUN to India, and soon.

The clean lines both inside and out gels so well with the overall value it would offer. VW - pls bring that here, and price that around a million right in the Ecosport territory. Smash hit guaranteed.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I wonder why are they depriving the Indian consumer of the blue colour on Jetta. It is such a wonderful colour and the one on display looks astonishing.
That blue colour is an absolute stunner! VW makes some strange decisions. Why would they not make the colour available for a CKD model?
I am not sure what they are waiting for on the Taigun decision either. Given the success of the Duster & EcoSport, that should be a no-brainer.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:19   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
A lovely tempest blue Jetta was on display too:
It's a great colour, but unfortunately it is not coming to India:
Some brushed aluminum trim:
Real leather seats (note, no perforations). Unfortunately we aren't getting this either:
Those brushed aluminum inserts look much more classy than the faux-wood on Indian variants. It’s about time that the mid-level players provide some level of interior customization options in India.
And that blue shade is beautiful. I have seen it on the Jetta sold here.
Old 7th February 2014, 14:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am pretty sure the new Taigun will be absolutely close to this concept. Even the Ecosport concept seemed outlandish. But the production variant was 99% concept design. Not sure about the interiors though. But if VW makes such a car, bye bye Ecosport
Old 7th February 2014, 16:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure that report is done? Did you guy's covered everything? That's it from the great VW for the Auto Expo? Very sad. It clearly shows that they are not much interested in the Indian market. Hardly anything. Just a Taigun mainly, that too also not sure. Still under consideration. IMHO, it will never come to India.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 18:21   #23
BHPian

The design philosophy of Taigun is so very Volkswagen, that understated styling but still retaining the butch look that we love in an SUV. Ecosport with its aggressive open mouth looks really bad in front of this car.
The war in this segment seems to be hotting up with the Taigun and the Avventura lurking in the corner ready to take on the Duster and the Ecosport.
Old 7th February 2014, 20:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
You know what I learned today?

Who won the WRC title in 2004? Sebastien Loeb, in his Citroen.
What about in 2005? Sebastien Loeb.
And in 2006? Sebastien Loeb.
2007? Sebastien Loeb.
2008? Sebastien Loeb.
2009? Sebastien Loeb.
2010? Sebastien Loeb.
2011? Sebastien Loeb.
2012? Sebastien Loeb.
2013? Sebastien Ogier.

Read that last name again...
you are right, but Loeb retired and ogier won, you missed that !!
raj.barcode is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 21:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Update

VW Taigun close to getting green light
VW working to bring costs down; could be up to 90 percent localized; will use new 1.5 TDI. Localization will be more than the Polo /Vento.

Quote:
The production Taigun is expected to have a longer bonnet and front overhang to help fit the larger 1.5-litre TDI engine (not a problem as this concept car is less than four metres long even with the tailgate mounted spare wheel), the dash is likely to sprout a centrally mounted air-con vent (currently absent) and VW is trying to extend the rear overhang as well, to help give passengers in the back more legroom. The Taigun concept already has a 50mm longer wheelbase than the Up hatchback it is based on, but more legroom is needed.

Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th February 2014 at 21:03.
Old 8th February 2014, 13:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Are you sure that report is done? Did you guy's covered everything? That's it from the great VW for the Auto Expo? Very sad.
My thoughts exactly! With the launches last year of the Polo GT's and rumours of upgrades to those models, I thought there would be something showcased on those lines - a 1.4 TSI for the Vento perhaps?

Isn't VW playing it too risky by hoping a Taigun launch will be enough to make them relevant again in India? If they're serious about this market then they need to revive their products in hatchback and sedan segments too - and get away from the VAG A.S.S. syndrome.
Old 8th February 2014, 13:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
If they're serious about this market then they need to revive their products in hatchback and sedan segments too - and get away from the VAG A.S.S. syndrome.
In coming months VW will be updating their profile of Cars being sold. Mostly to cater to the Indian Market. Taigun specific to the Indian market will only be launched after attaining > 90% localization.
On the service front, they are improving for sure, only time will tell on the levels they attain in this front.

Similar case will be for Skoda too. Face lifts will be for the rest of the year,New Fabia will be the next big launch for them in India , may be 2015. Yes, Skoda has in the meantime gain confidence and demonstrate their after market support!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 17:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
I expected them to showcase the Up! as well. It would be a great car to launch in India
I thought they were going to. Didn't I see it in the newspaper?

A smaller VW would be of great interest ...as long as the interiors have a touch of class, unlike what we see here in the Taigun. If not, then it's Up! Yours!! VW!!! --- and yes, isn't it a silly name. But it doesn't put me off as much as "duster."
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 19:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Taigun looks great! Understated, classy absolutely no quirckiness. The stance is squat too.
Old 10th February 2014, 00:06   #30
BHPian

No Passat? Guess its not expected back!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks