Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 09:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat @ Auto Expo 2014

I do like the new Linea. Some google searches of this mild external facelift made it look horrible. I can't say the same for the images put up here. This is still a beautiful car. The new dashboard is a welcome change, I see a chunkier steering wheel, new drivers arm rest console, matt finish silver internal door open lever. The dashboard appearance suggests good quality. A picture of the new clocks would have been great.

The Avventura can turn the tables for Fiat India. As with every Fiat, this looks like a heavy car and that means a more powerful motor is required. The giant discs, extra cog in the gearbox suggest a more potent motor under the hood. It is time to retire the 1.3l Multijet and T Jet for this car. New 1.6l Mutli Jet is Multi Air Turbo needs to come as standard options. I wish Fiat could launch this car tomorrow. October - November is so far away.

I am not sure about takers for the Abarth. The 500 diesel itself was crazy priced. At the end of the day, I don't need an Abarth. Just put the same engine in the Punto is all I ask.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Love the Avventure. Would buy it over the Ecosport in a heart beat.
Old 7th February 2014, 10:10   #18
BHPian

The new linea looks nice, although there's an overkill of chrome at the rear. The Avventure like others have said, is a much better implementation than the competition. Can't foresee it selling in large numbers though, unless the pricing is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You got to admire the spirit of Fiat, they keep coming back with more ideas despite the various setbacks
Let's hope it's the spirit at play here. From a business perspective, no car manufacturer would shut shop or stop trying in a market like India which is still in the growth phase.

And some of them have been able to manage with just one product selling well (Ford, Renault), which gives everyone hope to keep trying new ideas

Last edited by avisidhu : 7th February 2014 at 10:13.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow .. To me, new Linea looks very classy. I quite liked it. Looks very upmarket. I hope they will launch as it is. Interiors are very modern now and justifies the segment it is in. Hope they will make sure that its quality is top natch and not like current Linea's interiors. Overall i am happy with it. BTW, i quite liked the color in which Linea T jet was displayed. Is it a silver or metallic off white kind? Looks stunning on the car.

Apart from Linea, i likes Fiat 500. I hope they will price it very aggressively. Something below 15-16 Lacs ex showroom will be real good. After all it has small engine. Lets see how Fiat plans it.

Avventure also looks good. Hope they will price it sensibly, else no one will buy it. Interiors looks fabulous, next generation. All the best Fiat. Keep it up
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:11   #20
BHPian

Any clue when the facelift linea will be launched ?
Old 7th February 2014, 11:12   #21

Does anyone has any idea about the pricing of Fiat 500 Abarath ? I waited for a long time for this vehicle to launch in India and finally gave up to buy a Polo GT TDI. I was always fascinated with the Fiat Logo and the 500 series of cars.

The Fiat Stable looks very good, but i think the avventura is no competition to the Ecosport.
calypsoGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:12   #22
BHPian

Question on new linea interiors
- can the doors accomodate 1 litre bottles ? - or water bottles will still roll on the floor..
- are the rear ac vents split into 2 - ie do persons behind the driver & passenger get seperate vents ?

I am also assuming spoiler on tjet is an accessory..??
Old 7th February 2014, 11:28   #23
BHPian

The Abarth 500 is gonna be one pricey car for sure. Maybe around the 15 lakh tag. But unquestionably could be the most fun to drive
Old 7th February 2014, 11:29   #24
BHPian

Avventure looks nice, hope it will be competing with the Ecosport. Other than this, the whole pavilion from Fiat has nothing exciting. The facelifts look just minor. But they clearly sends out a message that they want to remain in the Indian market.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Any clue when the facelift linea will be launched ?
New Linea should be available by March if I am not wrong.

Also, watch this launch video from Fiat India.

rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:38   #26
BHPian

With ample experience of replacing the rear chrome strips (from the rear bumper on my current Linea), I can say with authority that these replacements ain't CHEAP! Neither will they be for the New Linea with full bumper coverage.

Else, the New Linea looks just fine.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You got to admire the spirit of Fiat, they keep coming back with more ideas despite the various setbacks
Complete agree, they are tough, they have thick skin, same as they put on their vehicles.
I see this time they are back with a vision.
First time I am seeing so much of energy and effort being put-in (which is very much required) to regain the lost glory.

I wish them all the best for their future plans. Want to see them succeeding in India.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:53   #28
BHPian

The Avventure is a launch that Toyota should take a look at to learn from Fiat. How well a platform of Punto has been used to craft an excellent vehicle while on the other hand what Toyota has done is an exact opposite.

The car is stunning and will sell hot numbers for Fiat.

Quote:
This fact shows the commitment of Fiat towards the Indian market. I am sure with continuing experiments they will shortly learn about the expectations of Indian market from them.
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
The Abarth 500 is gonna be one pricey car for sure. Maybe around the 15 lakh tag. But unquestionably could be the most fun to drive
The usual 500 with 1.3MJD was priced at 15L when launched about half a decade back.The Abarth with a powerful motor will breach the 20L barrier for sure.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 13:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Let's hope that Abarth 500 is assembled here. Considering that Fiat's Ranjangaon factory is highly under-utilised, and that the demand for Fiat cars won't shoot up overnight, assembling another product should not really be a problem.

There is a black line running along the shoulder of Linea T-jet and ends on the boot. Is that going to be standard for all T-jet models? They could have extended it a little bit so that its tail end aligns with the spoiler. Put a black spoiler, and it would look like spoiler is an integral part of the car.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed