Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2014, 20:03   #91
BHPian

Re: Fiat @ Auto Expo 2014

Loved the aventura looks lime my next car if launched in time...
Though disappointed with no 1.6MJD. Could have added to options to their very small portfolio.

Linea classic looks much better from outside than the new one. (I own a TJET and am thankful mine looks better than the new model )
Old 17th February 2014, 12:07   #92
BHPian

Being a FIAT fan I am disappointed for the following reasons :

1. No confirmation on 1.6 MJD on the new linea.
2. No news on Punto Abarth
3. No display of Jeeps ( though we know they are delayed but display would only help them build the brand in advance).
4. No estimated time line for refreshed punto.

The punto I guess might be introduced in the second half but a display model would have been highly appreciated.

Nevertheless, I hope and pray good days for these wonderful cars as any Fiat enthusiast.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:32   #93
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the front of the refreshed Linea : it does not look that there has been any sheet metal changes w.r.t. the bonnet etc. The grille and the logo looks to be integrated with the front bumper too.

So, the "i-loathe-the-new-front-grille" brigade, including myself, may still stand a chance in retro-fitting the old Classic nose onto the refresh.
Foglights should fit as well without much problems.

Don't know about the cost though, but assuming an unpainted bumper cost of 5-6k (should not be more than that, or is it??), + painting cost of 3-3.5k max + Labour for fitment/painting etc, i.e. within 10k one can have a "classic nose" and a refreshed tail !

Did Fiat really have to put in the chrome "patti" on the rear bumper lower? Some creative thinking may have to be done here as well - 3M blackout tapes maybe for the "patti" or have it body coloured ?
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

People who are disappointed that the Avventura will not get the 1.6 MJD, please understand the whole idea of the vehicle is to fall in the small car category and hence it cannot have an engine more than a 1.5L diesel and in Fiat's case it has to be the 1.3 MJD.

The petrol will anyway fall out of this category since there is no way they can use the archaic 1.2 FIRE there.

The Linea truly deserved it though and Fiat had committed the same at their press conference when announcing their India road map. Sad that has not come through.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 17:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea facelift to start from Rs 7.64 lakh

The booking amount for the Linea facelift is Rs 25,000 and the car is expected to be launched officially on March 4, 2014.

The updated Linea will be available only with a 1.4-turbo-petrol T-Jet motor and a 1.3-litre Multijet diesel. Fiat will continue to sell the current-generation Linea as the Linea classic alongside the facelifted car. No 1.6

Source : http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-373053.aspx

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 17:58   #96
Senior - BHPian

When is the new/facelifted Punto is expected to be launched? I am interested in one. Looking at the superb interiors in the new Linea, I have high expectations from the Punto too. Let's see.
Old 11th June 2014, 17:39   #97
BHPian

Maybe . After having a tyre puncture problem, realized fiat 24*7 road assistance provides free replacement of punctured tyre with the step knee. And by the way, the vendor which is tied up by Fiat provides road assistance for Jaguar other than Fiat (I can't validate it). I feel Fiat does so many good things, but somehow it does not get the networking effects of marketing in terms of word of mouth etc.
Some of the under-hyped benefits of Fiat:-
1. Their extended warranty is probably best in class - includes many replacements which most companies do not provide.
2. They were the first to launch a truly modern car in India right from the streets of Europe. They did not dump an old model.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks