Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 03:35   #31

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
I cant understand why many indians cant digest the fact that a "small sized" car can be costlier than some of the sedans around!

Fabia Hatch, everyone wants it at around 5.5-6lk. cant ppl just think the logic behind sedan equivalent pricing of the new hatches coming in India? a Hatch is not necessarily a "cheap" car! it can be a luxury car, or even a super luxury car, with less of boot space, smaller in dimension, making it the perfect city car for many a ppl who like to drive smaller sized cars, not because they cant afford big sized cars, but coz the fact is that smaller sized cars are easier to go around in, in conjested cities, and sometimes especially for the females, they find it easier in parking and all!

Jago India Jago!
then why would you go and buy a big suv like the tucson would you buy a hatchback which costed 14lacs.
Old 8th September 2006, 08:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Deepakhon, the FABIA is a very popular car in the Uk in its segment. Its also has a good track record in the Rally area.!

The fabia is bound to be just great! thats the trump card skoda has!
I do not have any doubts about Fabia. I know it is good. But we need to see how it will be once it is launched in India. I am sure Skoda will do a lot of localisation here. I guess we need to compare cars in the Indian context and I would not call Punto "just not good because it comes from FIAT".
Old 8th September 2006, 10:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

September could see debut of the 2007 Ford Mondeo with 2.7 ltr V-6 turbodiesel developed by Ford and PSA Peugeot Citroen. 6 speed gearboxes apparently come as a standard.

Details here
Old 30th November 2011, 14:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Diesel Launches in couple of months

Among the most awaited new Diesel launches in the next few months would be-

Hatches - Tata Nano D - with a 800cc motor might resurrect the car itself and provide really cheap alternative on four wheels to buy as well as run

Sedans - Nissan Sunny D - hopefully the best value entry level sedan probably with a 1.5 DCi mill would give the Manza, Dzire, Etios run for their money

SUVs - Renault Duster - The entry level crossover again with a 1.5 DCi heart may bring in large volumes for the company and offer a compact world class vehicle

There may be many more but IMO these are surely some of the favourites.
Old 30th November 2011, 14:09   #35
BHPian

How I wish GM would put the Beat diesel engine in the Spark and launch the cheapest diesel car. The engine bay look s big enough I mean it already takes a 1l petrol engine. Gearbox could be the same as Beat. Suspension might need to be beefed up.

I really wish the Spark Diesel would show up in the Auto Expo.
Old 30th November 2011, 14:28   #36
BHPian

Apart from these, MSIL Wagon R Diesel is also on the offing. Probably by 2012 end the co. would be launching their most awaited small diesel hatch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks