Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 13:55   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up

With every manufacturer eyeing the the sub 4m segment market, the Maruti Suzuki the market leader is working on another car to be in the segment. Not clear yet if this car will co-exist with the Dzire, or will be a segment lower.

Maruti Suzuki is putting together a compact sedan based on the recently launched Celerio hatchback. Test mules of a compact car tailormade, read a longer wheelbase version, for the Chinese domestic market have been spotted testing in China.

The Indian version of the Celerio based compact sedan will be a sub-4 meter car seeking excise duty benefits.

The car will get the interior that not as much as hi quality as the YL1.The interior is similar to the current generation Swift and others new Suzuki car. The console paint in two tone color with black and beige.The front exterior look similar to the front of new A-segment hatchback Celerio.

The Chinese mule on test ( note the similarity to the Celerio)
Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-suzukibsegmentsedanbelowyl1.jpg

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-2014suzukibsegmentsedanbelowyl1.jpg

Quote:
Either the 1 liter or 1.2 liter K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engines to make the cut into the Celerio compact sedan’s engine bay. A diesel engine, if and when plonked into the Celerio compact sedan’s engine bay, is likely to be a unit from the new crop of turbo diesel engines that Suzuki Japan is developing for use in Maruti Suzuki’s future line up of cars.

While 5 speed manual gearbox options will be standard, the automated manual transmission (AMT) that Maruti Suzuki introduced in India through the Celerio hatchback, is also likely to get the go ahead for the new compact sedan. Semi-automatic (AMT) gearboxes will also find application in most of Maruti Suzuki’s upcoming cars

The car will be display in production version at Beijing motor show around April 2014

http://www.cartoq.com/cartoq-exclusi...edan-rendered/

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th February 2014 at 14:23.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:56   #2
gemi_kk

re: Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up

Seems like the Competitor for Datsun Go and Go sedan version is here.

If it is based on Celerio, then it wouldn't be so expensive, so i think, it will eventually be a competitor for Datsun's upcomming products. Karlos, Are you Listening?
  (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 11:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
so i think, it will eventually be a competitor for Datsun's upcomming products. Karlos, Are you Listening?
Somebody is listening to You, but I guess has not understood your message

Nissan's corporate vice president Mr. Toru Hasegawaat has noted that Nissan would want to have a big presence in both the compact sedan space by 2016-17,targeting the Dzire and Amaze .

Cheers!

http://www.cartoq.com/nissan-india-p...d-honda-amaze/

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th February 2014 at 11:44.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 13:09   #4
BHPian

Well, the front does look like the Celerio but the overall lengh of the car looks more than 4meter's to me. This could be the new top-hat design on the old dzire platform for China.
Old 14th February 2014, 13:20   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance plumbing View Post
This could be the new top-hat design on the old dzire platform for China.
You are right, a spin off of this car will be the Indian version .
Old 14th February 2014, 15:11   #6
BHPian

It looks like a proper sedan to me. I doubt if Suzuki would do anything that can cannibalize Dzire!
Old 15th February 2014, 17:49   #7
BHPian

I have my doubts that both the pictures are of the same car. If we notice the first picture then the cover graphics on the bonnet and roof are similar while they are different on the rest of the car. However, in the second picture the graphic on the fender and roof are different from the first picture.

It may be a different car altogether. In India Maruti may not launch something close to the existing Dzire as the gap between the two will be narrow and the price difference would not be viable for making that kind of an investment. Moreover, Dzire is already getting them good numbers.
Old 15th February 2014, 18:06   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I have my doubts that both the pictures are of the same car. an investment.
The car in Picture was posted in the chinese site way before the Celerio concept was released to the media.
This car is China specific and could be >4m and will beshow cased in April. What is rumoured is Maruti will modify this car to < 4 m and would be at segment lower than Swift Dzire too. With Maruti you never now, could be a new segment in the offing.

Expect to see the Suzuki developed diesel engines in these.

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th February 2014 at 18:08.
Old 16th February 2014, 23:15   #9
BHPian

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I have my doubts that both the pictures are of the same car. If we notice the first picture then the cover graphics on the bonnet and roof are similar while they are different on the rest of the car. However, in the second picture the graphic on the fender and roof are different from the first.

+1. Also notice the first pic has ORVM as plain black but the second one with camouflage? The overall profile looks much similar to the old Chevy sail sedan, but that's a dzire alloy!
Also Celerio doesn't come with a separate headrest I think.

Looks better proportionate compared to the ugly boot stuck job in dzire. Maruti might be dumping some more cars to strengthen their base further as said in the above posts due to the oncoming competition, never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by ganesc : 16th February 2014 at 23:18.
Old 18th February 2014, 17:54   #10
BANNED

Spotted in China. More images

But it is rumoured as a SX4 replacement and not a compact sedan.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-580x435xmarutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage1600x450.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0fbg9h5po.jpg  

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-580x435xmarutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage7600x450.jpg.pagespeed.ic.f0gmkwvxq.jpg  

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-835x626xmarutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.pmju7yd5j8.jpg  

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-marutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage5.jpg  

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-835x626xmarutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage4.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ir_elyl72r.jpg  

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-835x626xmarutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zzmz2sc0q8.jpg  

Rumour: Another Compact sedan from Maruti coming up-835x626xmarutisuzukiciazsedanindiaimage1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2wvxi7clio.jpg  

Last edited by HyperRetard : 18th February 2014 at 17:57.
HyperRetard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 18:03   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Spotted in China. More images

But it is rumoured as a SX4 replacement and not a compact sedan.
You have posted the Authentics/ Ciaz sedan and not the Compact sedan that is in the OP.
Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th February 2014 at 18:07.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 19:16   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You have posted the Authentics/ Ciaz sedan and not the Compact sedan that is in the OP.
Cheers!
Thanks. The same camouflage got me confused.

BTW couldnt find the ciaz thread.
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 19:22   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
BTW couldnt find the ciaz thread.
Here you go!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ls-leaked.html

Cheers!
Old 18th February 2014, 20:15   #14
BHPian

A sedan below the Dzire sounds unbelievable.

The Dzire (LXi) starts at INR 502646 (from MSIL site). To position another sedan below this, would mean pricing it around 1 cheaper ie 4L INR. Given that Celerio is positioned somewhere around 4L itself, a sedan would be atleast 60K over that ie 4.6 L INR.

Could Maruti be possibly playing with replacing the SX4 with this one, a notch higher than the Dzire, say around 6.5-8.5 L Range.
And positioning the Ciaz higher up, starting 9 L or something.

So that would leave MSIL with:
- Dzire (5-7 L)
- New Sedan (6-8)
- Ciaz (8-11)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks