Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 10:36   #46
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra's XUV Automatic Variant delayed. Expect a 2016 launch. Most likely to be shown in Auto Expo 2016.

Source: Autocar show- Bloomberg TV

I plan to buy an XUV soon but waiting for the A/T. I was planning to pick up the W10 and thought it made more sense to wait for the A/T with rumors of it coming out during the festive season. Now the further delays are quite irritating. Do you'll anticipate any problems with the vehicle after going automatic and will the gearbox be more like the Scorpio, the Ssangyong or completely different. Another matter of concern was will Mahindra go the Hyundai way and not give the best top end specs to the A/T . Hope that doesn't happen and the XUV when it comes out with the auto box retains all the safety features of the manual sibling.
Old 30th August 2015, 15:38   #47

re: Mahindra XUV500 with 6-Speed Automatic in 2015. EDIT : Now launched at Rs. 15.53 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra's XUV Automatic Variant delayed. Expect a 2016 launch. Most likely to be shown in Auto Expo 2016.
Source: Autocar show- Bloomberg TV
This is disappointing ... was looking forward to a festive season launch this year. Looking at replacing my existing Scorpio (2004) with an XUV AT; had trouble with my left (sports shoe clad) foot getting 'tangled' between clutch pedal and the side paneling on the face-lift version.
Old 1st September 2015, 17:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Just read an update on the subject on the NDTV site. It appears that they plan to launch this in January 2016.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/mahindra-x...from=home-auto
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 17:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Just read an update on the subject on the NDTV site. It appears that they plan to launch this in January 2016.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/mahindra-x...from=home-auto

This news further confirms the already delayed autobox. Why M&M is not introducing it in the festive season is perplexing. The autobox not being the same as the Scorpio is cited as a reason. Hopefully it will be a slick autobox worth the wait.
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:05   #50
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Not sure if this has been posted already and is reliable; Mahindra to finally bring in the XUV Automatic on Wednesday, 25th Nov'15

Link to the article:

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...SVm?li=AAaeRVN

Quoting the article:

"Mahindra will launch the automatic variants of the XUV500 in India on Wednesday. The new transmission is expected to be offered with both the two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive variants, to tackle the competition from the recently launched Hyundai Creta.

The XUV500 is expected to use the same six-speed automatic transmission from the Scorpio, with a manual and winter/wet mode. The car will continue to use the same 2.2-litre engine producing 140bhp and 330Nm of torque. While we were expecting Mahindra to launch the XUV500 AT for a while, the success of the Hyundai Creta AT might have prompted the move.

Instead of offering the automatic in the top-end trim of the XUV500, Mahindra might introduce it on the W8 variants to keep the pricing in check. Mahindra’s flagship SUV already commands a premium over the Hyundai Creta and all the other five-seater SUVs; the introduction of the AT will further increase the difference.

The AT transmission is expected to carry a premium of around Rs 50,000 over the manual transmission. By that logic, theXUV500 W8 AT will be priced around Rs 15 lakh, which is about Rs 1.2 lakh more than the Creta. For the extra money, the XUV is a significantly bigger car and offers two extra seats"
amit_2025 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 09:48   #51
BHPian

XUV 500 seems to be launching its automatic variants tomorrow -

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2301334_1.html

Other sites are reporting that the automatic will be offered in both FWD and AWD.

Fingers crossed!
Old 24th November 2015, 09:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already and is reliable; Mahindra to finally bring in the XUV Automatic on Wednesday, 25th Nov'15

Link to the article:

http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...SVm?li=AAaeRVN

Quoting the article:

"Mahindra will launch the automatic variants of the XUV500 in India on Wednesday. The new transmission is expected to be offered with both the two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive variants, to tackle the competition from the recently launched Hyundai Creta.

The XUV500 is expected to use the same six-speed automatic transmission from the Scorpio, with a manual and winter/wet mode. The car will continue to use the same 2.2-litre engine producing 140bhp and 330Nm of torque. While we were expecting Mahindra to launch the XUV500 AT for a while, the success of the Hyundai Creta AT might have prompted the move.

Instead of offering the automatic in the top-end trim of the XUV500, Mahindra might introduce it on the W8 variants to keep the pricing in check. Mahindra’s flagship SUV already commands a premium over the Hyundai Creta and all the other five-seater SUVs; the introduction of the AT will further increase the difference.

The AT transmission is expected to carry a premium of around Rs 50,000 over the manual transmission. By that logic, theXUV500 W8 AT will be priced around Rs 15 lakh, which is about Rs 1.2 lakh more than the Creta. For the extra money, the XUV is a significantly bigger car and offers two extra seats"
Great news!
I just bought a Jazz CVT and have to replace my other car. This is the most desired car - for me!
I would like to have taken the W10 AT - I hope that happens fast. As per the information in the link provided by you, if the difference is only 50,000 Rs, then the W10 AT looks VFM.

By the way, I had seen the TUV launch live on the internet. Is this launch also live?

Once more thanks!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 10:46   #53
BHPian

Well, Mahindra does have a round table conference for the media folks tomorrow. It is to discuss about a new development about the XUV5OO but the development hasn't been disclosed. 99% chances are that it will be the AT gearbox addition. But, whether it will come in FWD or AWD or both remains to be seen. The premium over the MT variants remains to be seen too. The articles mentioned above are merely speculating. Wait till tomorrow afternoon for concrete details
amansanc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 11:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

The showroom executive at cochin informed that the XUV A/T is expected to be launched in all trim variants, and not just the w8/10. If so ,that's a brilliant move by Mahindra. Auto on only the higher variants would make it out of reach for many. The Scorpio AT is just too crude and outdated to be considered by most buyers looking for a luxurious personal SUV, and would pick up a Creta instead.

He also conveyed that the S101 is expected next month, and the XUV A/T would follow soon after.
JayD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 13:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The showroom executive at cochin informed that the XUV A/T is expected to be launched in all trim variants, and not just the w8/10. If so ,that's a brilliant move by Mahindra. Auto on only the higher variants would make it out of reach for many. The Scorpio AT is just too crude and outdated to be considered by most buyers looking for a luxurious personal SUV, and would pick up a Creta instead.

He also conveyed that the S101 is expected next month, and the XUV A/T would follow soon after.
It would indeed be a first - IF they launch AT in all variants!

However, from what I see, the Scorpio AT has not been marketed at all (almost zero). I hope they do not do that with the XUV. My fear is that if the AT models sell less than a 'critical mass' then getting support will become an issue.

Just as an example, whenever I succeeded in getting touch with the dealers/marketing persons, all of them seemed to favor the MT! Come on!!

Last edited by GKMahajan : 24th November 2015 at 13:03. Reason: grammar error
Old 24th November 2015, 13:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Un official sources say that the AT will be available in 4X2 in W6 , W8 and W10 and in AWD in W8 and W10 only.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 15:20   #57
BHPian

Atlast Mahindra have woken up from the deep slumber Looking forward for pricing/announcement tomorrow - will be interesting to see how it plans to compete with the Creta AT
Old 24th November 2015, 19:44   #58
BHPian

Mahindra has announced a press conference to discuss a development on the XUV500, on November 25. It is expected to be the announcement/launch of the Mahindra XUV500 automatic.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/11/m...omorrow-203793
Old 24th November 2015, 19:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra was selling the 6 speed Automatic XUV5oo and Quanto in Algeria since more than a year now, stupid of them not to launch this before when the excitement was at the atmost. Could have taken a lot of Creta customers away from the Hyundai.
Old 24th November 2015, 19:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

All I'll say is Mahindra is 4 years late. Mahindra should have launched the XUV 500 with an AT way back in 2011.

Supply and acquisition issues aside for the gearbox company, 4 years is too long for introducing an automatic. I can just think that the competition would have forced it to work faster. Only saving grace will be of the AT box is contemporary to make it worth the wait.

I heard from my neighbor about the Mahindra SA telling him "Saar, this is a big 7 seater with more power and torque. Creta is small"

Disappointed that there was no automatic, my neighbor has put his purchase on hold. The altis doesn't appeal to his heart.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 24th November 2015 at 20:00.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks