Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 14:38   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Honda not to relaunch Civic in India

This is certain to be a research vehicle. Left hand drive + hatchback = no chance of being launched in India. Also notice that this car doesn't even have red test plates.

Remember the Renault Grand Scenic?
Old 21st May 2015, 15:52   #47

Now can we just have this on our roads.
And may be Hyundai can follow up with Veloster and we will have a new segment with us.

It looks Gorgeous.
Old 21st May 2015, 17:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
This being a left hand drive model, is most likely the equipment aimed solely on RnD.
A friend of mine sent this specific car's pics while he was on an official visit to the factory. And he also confirmed that there are no plans whatsoever to launch this in India.
Old 21st May 2015, 17:31   #49
BHPian

I don't think Honda will plan to launch Civic hatch in India, given that the Civic name was already associated with a sedan type and the cost sensitive market will probably not accept it with pleasure. A hatchback at a price more than the City may not be a good success formula for them. They should rather consider the sedan once again given the new Corolla has done good numbers since launch and their City has fared well even after priced over 12L for top variant. Civic will still be a dream car for buyers upgrading from C segment.

On a related note: I'm a lover of hot hatches and would love to see the Civic hatch on Indian shores. More so, I'd love to see the Golf. Truth is, I don't think the market is ready to accept these at the moment.
Old 21st May 2015, 18:40   #50
D4D
BHPian

Civic has immense potential in India!
Honda, just do a market survey to see how many D segment customers want a Diesel car that's practical, easy to maintain and pretty powerful?

Put the 1.6 Diesel in the Civic, Honda can easily kill the Altis overnight and add another 1000+ units to their sales.

I wish they launch it soon.
Old 21st May 2015, 20:04   #51
BHPian

Like others have said, the Civic will probably never be sold as a hatch in India, because it was initially launched as a sedan.

That said though, the market has shown increasing acceptance towards premium hatches. The Swift was a success at 5 lakhs, the VW Polo at around 7 (prices when they were launched) and now the Elite i20 is touching 9 lakhs. Going by this trend, I guess it won't be too long before 12 lakh hatches are the norm. That there are Mercedes and BMW hatchbacks selling at 25 lakhs should also help image and perception greatly.

Honda could rebadge the Civic and sell it here at the right time and maybe they'll have the advantage of being the first mover in the hot hatch segment.
Old 22nd May 2015, 09:44   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
Honda could rebadge the Civic and sell it here at the right time and maybe they'll have the advantage of being the first mover in the hot hatch segment.
Good point. I actually trust Honda to do that. I just hope it happens sooner than later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks