Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 21:35   #76
BHPian

re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Polo/Vento with Diesel A/T and that too a DSG .. This one is going to sell big time, IMO. Finally someone is tapping the diesel A/T market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I really hope they launch a powerful DSG equipped polo diesel. I'd be quite interested in having one in the garage if it can be had under 10-10.5 lakh on road.

Does anyone know what the current manual top of line diesel polo cost? That could give an indication of the AT pricing.
I purchased a Polo GT TDI in Nov.2013. Even with A-level negotiation and haggling. It came to 8.9L On-road for me (25k discount + freebies). Mind you this is without Octroi/LBT MH-46 (Panvel Reg.) It is pretty steeply priced indeed.

However there will be massive excise benefits on the 1.5L, so if VW decides to pass this on to the customer it would be great. DSG would easily mean a lakh more.
Old 19th May 2014, 11:10   #77
BHPian

ET says that the Rapid 1.5 diesel DSG will be launched by October, so i think it will be safe to assume the Vento diesel DSG will be launched before that.

What is interesting is that based on the ET article Indianautosblog says it will be the 7 speed autobox while motorbeam based on the same article says it will most probably be the 6 speed wet clutch box

The ET article is silent on which DSG box will be used

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...matic/35101125

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/skoda-...ox-2015-rapid/

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/05/s...gearbox-130548
Mohan Mathew A is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 10:16   #78
Team-BHP Support

Got a sneek peek at the new Vento DSG. Some points:

- Except for a newer design alloy wheel and a missing "Vento" badge on the trunk lid, it looks exactly the same. I couldn't see the car from front to check if the headlights were double barrel or not.

- On the interior front, the AT lever is borrowed from the Petrol AT variant. The biggest noticeable difference was an all new steering wheel with stereo and bluetooth controls on both sides for various function control. There were silver inserts and I believe what looked like some Piano Black touch to it as well.

- It was at ARAI and outside the emissions control laboratory that tests emissions and also rates the car's fuel efficiency under standard test conditions.
moralfibre is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 10:31   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
ET says that the Rapid 1.5 diesel DSG will be launched by October, so i think it will be safe to assume the Vento diesel DSG will be launched before that.
The latest ET article says, expect the launch in Sept-14.
Quote:
The company will be launching the Polo facelift in July. This will be followed by a minor facelift of Vento just ahead of the festive season.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ategy/35620078
Old 27th May 2014, 20:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

- Except for a newer design alloy wheel and a missing "Vento" badge on the trunk lid, it looks exactly the same. I couldn't see the car from front to check if the headlights were double barrel or not.

- On the interior front, the AT lever is borrowed from the Petrol AT variant. The biggest noticeable difference was an all new steering wheel with stereo and bluetooth controls on both sides for various function control. There were silver inserts and I believe what looked like some Piano Black touch to it as well.

- It was at ARAI and outside the emissions control laboratory that tests emissions and also rates the car's fuel efficiency under standard test conditions.
Autocar was talking, a few weeks back, about it going to have a rear seat entertainment package and additional airbags. i had tweeted Hormazd asking how certain he was about it and he got back saying rear seat entertainment package (individual screens on the back of the headrest) was sure and he is confident about it, did you by any chance see it or additional airbags?
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:21   #81
Team-BHP Support

^ I didn't see any rear seat infotainment package on the car that was at ARAI
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:30   #82
BHPian

Any new updates on when these guys will start accepting bookings for this car or launch date? Vento/Rapid Diesel with DSG is exactly what I am looking at
Old 3rd June 2014, 10:25   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^ I didn't see any rear seat infotainment package on the car that was at ARAI
I dont think it would be necessary to add infotainment packages for ARAI testing. If it will be included, I guess they will include it as an optional pack?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I dont think it would be necessary to add infotainment packages for ARAI testing. If it will be included, I guess they will include it as an optional pack?
Exactly what i was thinking. This car isn't going to come cheap i think (compared to a standard diesel). Rear infotainment package etc are all just frills most of us could do without. I would take the vento diesel as it is with that auto box. The revamped steering is something that i would pay for but anything else that is fancy and jacks the price further up should be optional!
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Next year they are bringing a big revamp to Vento so don't give in so quickly. It might be worth the wait.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:26   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

So we were right. The new steering wheel was exactly as it is shown in the refreshed Polo here.
Old 21st July 2014, 12:38   #87
BHPian

Any news about the upcoming Diesel DSG? I just saw a mildly camouflaged white vento running around in town in ooty. I tried to chase it but failed due to heavy rains and horrible traffic.What is the time frame we are looking at of the launch?
Old 6th August 2014, 13:49   #88
BHPian

Quote:

Did the gear lever had DSG inscribed on it? if not, then are they using the Vento AT non DSG torque converter?
Old 6th August 2014, 17:22   #89
BHPian

Its good to see an automatic but DSG? Aren't they one of the most un reliable ones? A/T or not I have to say Ventos are really expensive to maintain. My junior went to VW Trivandrum with his 2 year plus old 87k km run Vento with complaints of lack of power. All I know that he was left with a 2 lakh rs bill.
Another one also went with similar problems he got a 67k rs bill.
If this is the condition then why not buy indian cars though they are not build tough they surely wont have this much of service cost.
AB@TVMBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 17:49   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB@TVMBHP View Post
Its good to see an automatic but DSG? Aren't they one of the most un reliable ones? A/T or not I have to say Ventos are really expensive to maintain. My junior went to VW Trivandrum with his 2 year plus old 87k km run Vento with complaints of lack of power. All I know that he was left with a 2 lakh rs bill.
Another one also went with similar problems he got a 67k rs bill.
If this is the condition then why not buy indian cars though they are not build tough they surely wont have this much of service cost.
but this a bit rich to swallow. There are plenty of Ventos on the forum which have completed 3,4 and even 5 services (upto 75,000 km). On average each of these has cost 10k per year to service. Please furnish some evidence of your friend's bills otherwise there is nothing to discuss here.
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks